Community Member

Default LF Advice - WF 18 wiz AM / 2 rog shiradi

Greetings

I am looking for advice on building a 1st Life WF 18 wiz AM / 2 rog using Shiradi ED with the aim to (mostly) solo EE quests. My thoughts are:

Stats:
    -18 Con, 18 Int and leftovers Str (not going to bother taking 20 Con).
    - All ups in Int obviously

Skills:
    - Disable, Search and Open Locks maxed
    - Enough points in Diplomacy to get 100% success on Tea with the Queen.
    - Not sure if Concentration is needed or not as Reconstruct is quickened and most damage spells are either SLA or fast casting, smaller spells.
    - No UMD or Spot even though I would have liked those as well.
    - Leftovers in Balance.

Feat:
    - Tough, Epic Tough and Mental Toughness
    - SF Evoc, SF Conj (for SLA Web), GSF Evoc (for SLA Chain Missile)
    - Max, Emp
    - Quick, Height, Extend (for Haste and Displacement)
    - Insightful Reflexes

Twists:
    +6 reflex, +6 reflex and +2 all saves with 40% exceptional fort for maximum surviveability

Spells:
    - Magic Missile, Chain Missile both as spells and as SLA plus Web SLA as the main spells used.
    - Unsure if I will need to use dots on bosses or not.

Enhancements:
    - Archmage lines with Tier III Evoc (Magic and Chain Misslies) and Tier II Conj (Web) and their prereqs.
    - I am uncertain which if any elements I should boost to get the most out of the Shiradi procs.
    - Toughness, Int, Con

Any advice on all points is most welcome.

I dunno. Not a big endgame guy, nor do I spalsh classes, but I think you might want to re-think your notions on spot and balance.

I'm assuming 2 levels of rogue for trapping? Spot plays into that combo for trap detection and ranged spells. I generally try to put as many points into spot for a pure wizzy as I can. Even with a PM that sometimes wants to be beat on, there are enough times when taking mobs out from a distance is far more advantageous than having them close in on you for melee.

As for Balance? For a primary spellcaster I think it is nice, but not a huge need.

And yeah, you *will* need to use DoTs on bosses, especially from levels 1 to 20.

Also, a primary spell caster is going to want a decent concentration score. Quicken is nice. It is also expensive.

If you are not going to be a primary spell caster, and do melee for the most, then you're right on Balance, Concentration, maybe Spot, and DoTs.
    Antipan, Pandargon, Pandolin, Panifin, Panmorgan, Pangrael, and all other things "pan-ed"...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by squishwizzy View Post
    I dunno. Not a big endgame guy, nor do I spalsh classes, but I think you might want to re-think your notions on spot and balance.

I'm assuming 2 levels of rogue for trapping? Spot plays into that combo for trap detection and ranged spells. I generally try to put as many points into spot for a pure wizzy as I can. Even with a PM that sometimes wants to be beat on, there are enough times when taking mobs out from a distance is far more advantageous than having them close in on you for melee.

As for Balance? For a primary spellcaster I think it is nice, but not a huge need.

And yeah, you *will* need to use DoTs on bosses, especially from levels 1 to 20.

Also, a primary spell caster is going to want a decent concentration score. Quicken is nice. It is also expensive.

If you are not going to be a primary spell caster, and do melee for the most, then you're right on Balance, Concentration, maybe Spot, and DoTs.
    Rogue is mostly for evasion with trapskills being the added bonus.

Spot is nice - but it you already know where to search spot isnt all that important. Sure, I would love to max it but find I am having trouble finding the points for it. Balance is to get up fast when down - which seems very important on EE in particular if soloing.

The 1-20 game isnt covered by this build - its strictly for the 25 game with an aim towards EE.

I am still hoping for input from others that have tried something remotely similar.

you're probably not gonna be able to solo EE with a 1st lifer (28pts)

Maybe a 34 pt if you're real careful and slow. You will need some sp pots either way, and really depends on the EE ur doing.

If you want to cut back on ur sp use, I'd say spec for force dmg then 1 into all other elements.

You can then twist a boulder toss and shiradi will have wild shots. Both will be free of us (no sp cost).

Boulder toss with 300+ force spell power will deal 1.5-2k non crit, 5k-7k crit, 10k dbl crit.

Wild shots will deal 1k non crit, 2k crit

Fairly fast cool down for both skills and no sp cost.

Also, druid's tsunami will deal around 1k on the phys dmg.... but that skill costs sp.

If you twist endless faith (exhalted), you can up your sp and also your min sp will be 30 (echoing power). This will enable you to always have enough sp for non-heightened buffs (displacement) and also death aura (heal yourself). So you are never stranded with absolutely no mana.

30 sp (echoing) will let you cast a few non-meta'd magic missles and force missles. This will let you proc your shiradi dmg pretty well (for pretty much no sp/constant regen sp).

You should also have as much "miss" chance as you can get. Ghostly, displacement, dodge, etc. Will help to keep you alive.

Also, it will help you sp grind with torc in all honesty.

Although, mobs missing you will not proc the torc, it will give you breather room for your death aura to heal you (should be healing 50-60+ non crit, 100+ crit every tick). Demonic shield from demonic consorts and Concordant opposition will help you proc sp / regen hp off EE mobs as well.

You can then grind some torc sp / conc opp sp off EE mobs by blocking. (Once again depends on mobs).
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 02-22-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Community Member

Here are two threads with some useful info.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=408220
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=403278

The second thread is a sorc thread... still worth reading.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    you're probably not gonna be able to solo EE with a 1st lifer (28pts)

Maybe a 34 pt if you're real careful and slow. You will need some sp pots either way, and really depends on the EE ur doing.

If you want to cut back on ur sp use, I'd say spec for force dmg then 1 into all other elements.

You can then twist a boulder toss and shiradi will have wild shots. Both will be free of us (no sp cost).

Boulder toss with 300+ force spell power will deal 1.5-2k non crit, 5k-7k crit, 10k dbl crit.

Wild shots will deal 1k non crit, 2k crit

Fairly fast cool down for both skills and no sp cost.

Also, druid's tsunami will deal around 1k on the phys dmg.... but that skill costs sp.

If you twist endless faith (exhalted), you can up your sp and also your min sp will be 30 (echoing power). This will enable you to always have enough sp for non-heightened buffs (displacement) and also death aura (heal yourself). So you are never stranded with absolutely no mana.

30 sp (echoing) will let you cast a few non-meta'd magic missles and force missles. This will let you proc your shiradi dmg pretty well (for pretty much no sp/constant regen sp).

You should also have as much "miss" chance as you can get. Ghostly, displacement, dodge, etc. Will help to keep you alive.

Also, it will help you sp grind with torc in all honesty.

Although, mobs missing you will not proc the torc, it will give you breather room for your death aura to heal you (should be healing 50-60+ non crit, 100+ crit every tick). Demonic shield from demonic consorts and Concordant opposition will help you proc sp / regen hp off EE mobs as well.

You can then grind some torc sp / conc opp sp off mobs by blocking. (Once again depends on mobs).
    Thanks for the input.

My 1st lifer is 32pt rather than 28 pt though and while a PL or more would be nice I dont see them at all that important to this build. Certainly nowhere the importance to a DC/Spell Pen caster.

SP isnt that much of an issue if you are willing to recall, shrine and run back - which in some EE quests is doable. Also, I was under the impression that a Shiradi build uses fairly little SP (offensively atleast) because the spells are cheap to cast. But point taken - SP will be tight.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by csivils View Post
    Here are two threads with some useful info.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=408220
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=403278

The second thread is a sorc thread... still worth reading.
    Thanks, I will take a look at those. I was still hoping for specific input on my particular build but this is definitely good info.

Community Member

Your feats look standard, and the I like the rogue skill splash/evasion.

About the only thing I would comment on is that for the difficulty you will be playing at, there isn't a need to twist for survival. I would suggest twisting boulder toss, energy burst and avenging light. Energy burst is a lot of grinding, but it is also a lot of fun.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by csivils View Post
    Your feats look standard, and the I like the rogue skill splash/evasion.

About the only thing I would comment on is that for the difficulty you will be playing at, there isn't a need to twist for survival. I would suggest twisting boulder toss, energy burst and avenging light. Energy burst is a lot of grinding, but it is also a lot of fun.
    Thank you for the reply. You confuse me a little though. This build is meant for Epic Elite quests as posted in the OP - so when you say there isnt a need to twist for survived I dont follow you.

AH right,.. I forgot you were WF lol.. Yeah don't go pale.