Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Let us be invisible again

this change is not cool.
    /sigh

One of the few tricks my bard had was to go invis and enter a mobbed area and sing fascinate.

Now he dies halfway through the song...

Sad panda.

I personally like the fact that you basically have to fight your way to the quests.

But if you are in a hurry, it can be a PITA.

I was in a PUG and we encountered a horde of around 20 fricken giants at once. It was sweeeet.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    I personally like the fact that you basically have to fight your way to the quests.

But if you are in a hurry, it can be a PITA.

I was in a PUG and we encountered a horde of around 20 fricken giants at once. It was sweeeet.
    So, when you had invisibility available, you used it to get past fights even though you enjoyed the hacking, slashing, and maiming.

So you prefer that invis is taken away from you so you will do the things you enjoy.

That's some really hosed up logic right there.

Some of us actually needed invis to get correctly set up for fights, or even have to bypass the fights because our toons are gimps.

I guess I should just reroll a clonk or a wf sorc or fvs and be done with it.

Taking away the practical uses of invisibility is another step to the wrong direction, and people are rightfully thinking that DDO will become what NWO aims for.

We dont want generic hack and slash MMO here, we want tactics and diversity, even if it wont be completely balanced for PvP (excuse me)! Invisibility tactics were always around, there are quests designed to use that (or stealth of course), it would be nice to get a dev comfirmation about this, saying that it is definitely a bug and will be reverted back soon(tm).

Cogdoc

Community Member

Wait, what? Is Invisibility broken? If so, has anyone /bugged it?

The thresholds have to be set far to low for their new detection algorithms. My sorc with no spot is seeing things she shouldn't be.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Aha so it's an issue universally but it's also killing the invis mechanism, I see. Well hopefully there's a fix incoming. Will do some tests and /bug later.

On second thoughts, it seems that invisibility did start to work on clothing.....male dreams came true maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    So, when you had invisibility available, you used it to get past fights even though you enjoyed the hacking, slashing, and maiming.

So you prefer that invis is taken away from you so you will do the things you enjoy.

That's some really hosed up logic right there.
    That explorer area is the highest difficulty in the game. Is it just possible they gave some of the mobs some buffs to beef up the difficulty?

And here I thought the game was being dummed down to the point that people didn't like playing it.

If you haven't noticed, when a storm Giant sees you, he starts buffing himself on his to way to you to start bashing your toon's head in.

People ask for the difficulty to be increased, but I guess it's just at times when it's only convenient to them.

Sure it's possible that this wasn't intended, or it could be intended. The content just launched yesterday. We will know soon enough if it's WAI or not.

I personally hope it is intended.

Edit: While running around on my enchant specced wizzy, it would seem that some of the mob's saves out there are pretty fricken high. Storm giants especially.
    Last edited by LOOON375; 02-21-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

I think its reasonable that giants in a 20-25 zone can see through a level 2 spell.

That still doesnt make most people kill mobs to get to the quests though, it just means the last person to cabal has to deal with the rofltrain that everyone else pulled there.

So much for fixing lag by limiting the number of active mobs.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I think its reasonable that giants in a 20-25 zone can see through a level 2 spell.

That still doesnt make most people kill mobs to get to the quests though, it just means the last person to cabal has to deal with the rofltrain that everyone else pulled there.

^^^ This is why invis was nice. Forcing us to kill trash mobs in explorer areas for the 100th time we run to a quest is not what most people consider fun...
    Cannith - Sorrion - Glassbones - Galodon - Farsnipe
    Sarlona - Glassbones

I think it would be just as reasonable for a lvl 25 arcane to be able to have magic means of travelling without a trace, cloaked with some kind of superior invisibility spell. Unfortunately, the devs seems to think that this lvl 2 spell is enough for epic toons as well, so we have'nt really any other means of doing it.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

Many giants have had see invisibility for a long, long time.

However, this is well beyond GH. It is essentially, everywhere. Their detection mechanics are not working properly.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

I just love how other people desire that THEIR play-style be forced upon everyone else in a PvE game.

If you like fighting all the mobs on the way to a quest entrance, then YOU HAD that option before the invisibility "bug/change"... you don't cast invisibility on yourself and BAM! you can play in the MANNER YOU ENJOY. Fight everything and kill it.

People are different. Some don't like explorer zones... or they don't like spending 10 minutes getting to a quest... their fun is doing quests, not getting slayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    I just love how other people desire that THEIR play-style be forced upon everyone else in a PvE game.

If you like fighting all the mobs on the way to a quest entrance, then YOU HAD that option before the invisibility "bug/change"... you don't cast invisibility on yourself and BAM! you can play in the MANNER YOU ENJOY. Fight everything and kill it.

People are different. Some don't like explorer zones... or they don't like spending 10 minutes getting to a quest... their fun is doing quests, not getting slayers.
    ^^^^ Hit the nail on the head. Running to the quests in the Kings Forest for the 10th time having to mess with all the "see invis" drow was a PITA and not fun. I dont want to be forced to fight 100s of mobs that give me nothing, i.e. no xp and no loot. (No xp due to the fact I'm in my primary ED to run EEs.) This might be fun for others, but don't hinder my enjoyment in the process...
    Cannith - Sorrion - Glassbones - Galodon - Farsnipe
    Sarlona - Glassbones

Maybe you guys whould have play tested it and gave feedback when the dev asked here http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=406840

Dont get me wrong this kills my TR plans and how i run quests like madstone but i did not test it on lama and now i will not wine its broke
    Server: Fernia Guild: Southern Tenant Farmers Union
    MrTreats:lv20 Fighter Huma Macleod:lvl20Pali WF Octavius:lvl20 Rgr Drow Ramrez:lvl20 Clr Halfling Faygo:lvl20 Rog Drow Ampata:lvl20 Wiz Drow Bach:lvl17 Bard Drow Odafin:lvl5 Life 10 Seeley:lvl1 Barb 1/2 Orc

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Biggest problem with this bug is its yet another impediment to joining groups. The in progress notice on an LFM chases away potential joiners who don't know the way to the quest already. Now its chasing away people who DO KNOW THE WAY. Because they are faced with clearing the explorer areas solo to get there or spend time beating trash down while getting late entry penalty missing chests and perhaps even the end of the quest.

Still seems likly to be a bug, so ppl need to report it.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Quote Originally Posted by mrtreats View Post
    Maybe you guys whould have play tested it and gave feedback when the dev asked here http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=406840

Dont get me wrong this kills my TR plans and how i run quests like madstone but i did not test it on lama and now i will not wine its broke
    This is horrible logic.

It's not the customer's job to test a product before it is released.

Not participating on Lama does not exclude anyone from complaining about a broken released product.

Quit giving Turbine a free pass with this crappy mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Biggest problem with this bug is its yet another impediment to joining groups. The in progress notice on an LFM chases away potential joiners who don't know the way to the quest already. Now its chasing away people who DO KNOW THE WAY. Because they are faced with clearing the explorer areas solo to get there or spend time beating trash down while getting late entry penalty missing chests and perhaps even the end of the quest.

Still seems likly to be a bug, so ppl need to report it.
    From what I am seeing no one is really clearing the way. Epic GH explorer area is the new EQ1 mistmoore castle. Train to Zone, move it or lose it.

This is not helping the claim that less active mobs causes lag, when theres 40 active mobs standing outside cabal waiting for the new joiner to try to run through them, because the last few joiners just ran past everything to get to the zone.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast