Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Over Raided / AA solo The Fall of Truth

I ve already soloed it a bunch of times on Lamania, but I guess now that its on live server, its actually worth posting.

This raid is rather easy to solo (atleast on EN), just lots of kiting involved. I might try EH soon.
    Last edited by Shaatan; 02-20-2013 at 04:29 PM.

+1 and you are sick buddy
    If the pay-to-cheat raid timer bypass item goes live, I will not spend another cent on DDO as long as it is in the store and encourage others to do the same. Copy this into your sig if you agree.

Awesome!

Now that you are done with this project, can you please start hosting raids again so I can properly pike them? Thank you!
    “DDO Tip #321 : Wait till the Beholder blinks"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by laniza View Post
    Awesome!

Now that you are done with this project, can you please start hosting raids again so I can properly pike them? Thank you!
    I wouldnt count on that, lately its me, who s piking raids lol. xD Iron is posting lots of stuff tho, if you want to pike.

Are you TRYING to get AA's nerfed?

Semi-serious question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post

Semi-serious question.
    More like get scaling nerfed. But seriously, it is posts like this which make it impossible for any changes regarding archery to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    More like get scaling nerfed. But seriously, it is posts like this which make it impossible for any changes regarding archery to be made.
    Raids don't scale.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post

Semi-serious question.
    Humm... I guess one of the reasons behind my solos was to show people that AAs can solo stuff too. In other words, no I wasnt trying to get AA nerfed and Im sorry in advance if it ever will. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    Humm... I guess one of the reasons behind my solos was to show people that AAs can solo stuff too. In other words, no I wasnt trying to get AA nerfed and Im sorry in advance if it ever will. :P
    So in trying to prove that AAs aren't gimpy, you're making people think they're overpowered. Ironic how far the pendulum swings. :P

I will say that while AA is powerful, it definitely isn't as powerful to me as arcanes still can be.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    So in trying to prove that AAs aren't gimpy, you're making people think they're overpowered. Ironic how far the pendulum swings. :P

I will say that while AA is powerful, it definitely isn't as powerful to me as arcanes still can be.
    Yeah, I never said that AA is the best build in DDO. Its just that Im trying to prove that AAs are good enough to solo pretty much anything and what people think (or used to think) about them is rather far from truth.
    Having said that, I still think its possible to solo all the raids as I did on my AA, on other builds aswell. Its just that nobody else have really bothered to try it yet.

Community Member

Sheesh Shat, already? =P
    gratz!

And I don't think anyone, hopefully Dev's included, will consider Shatan's soloing anything, indicative of what the class normally is...
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

I would just like to point out an issue:

Should we really be able to have anyone be able to solo the new raid before it was even released? (as he stated he had on lamma land)

More so, should raids really be solo-able at all?

I think if someone puts in a lot of effort to their character, and time, and past lives.........they should be able to solo older raids, but the current end game raids...........IDK...........when was the last time in any other MMO you heard of a raid being soloed? (genuinely curious here, just wondering if this is only DDO, or if other MMOs have people soloing raids)
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post

Should we really be able to have anyone be able to solo the new raid before it was even released? (as he stated he had on lamma land)

More so, should raids really be solo-able at all?

I think if someone puts in a lot of effort to their character, and time, and past lives.........they should be able to solo older raids, but the current end game raids...........IDK...........when was the last time in any other MMO you heard of a raid being soloed? (genuinely curious here, just wondering if this is only DDO, or if other MMOs have people soloing raids)
    Yes, it is an MMO, but I think that many people get a lot of joy and happiness and pleasure from soloing...people like you dragging them down is a shame, I think. Mechanics that make things not soloable (due to levers or switches and the like) are bad IMO.

And the huge gap between the average endgame player and the truely incredible endgame player means that if the typical 12 man raid group can do a raid, the incredible ones can solo it. I am OK with that, in general. If you balance the EN raid to make it impossible for the incredible soloer, you also make it impossible for the typical raid group...pick your poison.

I DO think that this specific raid should be at least mildly harder, however. I led a EN shortman and the outcome was never really in doubt, despite an overall lack of knowledge and experience in the group. Unless EH is quite a bit harder, I think we will see a solo completion of it soon.

Solo is usually pretty long and boring
    for a raid i would expect it to be even more increased level of that
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

Community Member

This raid was actually designed to be soloed. There is a different DM narration for when you are alone in there, I belive. The Stormreaver says something like: "You are braver than you look, to come here alone".
    Last edited by Shaatan; 02-22-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    This raid was actually designed to be soloed. There is a different DM narration for when you are alone in there, I belive. The Stormreaver says something like: "You are braver than you look, to come here alone".
    ya the dialogue was different with 2 people as well, he said "It's good you came, both of you." or something like that, I know he said "both of you."
    Orien server: Forking, Completionist, life 21 of ???

Default My 2cp

Raids SHOULD be soloable, but only by player skill and devotion to making it happen. The only exception is if the storyline makes it not appropriate. DDO store items can't be used in raids which is as it should be. The code should not specifically make it impossible, but it shouldn't be easy by any stretch. I know it wasn't per say a major accomplishment, but I was really happy when I soloed Reaver on elite at level. That was prestore, pre-PM, pre-major screwup of that quest by the devs, and pre-major changes to casters. I set it as a goal, and worked at it til I got it. Our guild is small, and we enjoy shortmanning stuff (well 3 of us do sorry Pan LOL). Grats on your accomplishment, and one elite player should not change current code. Maybe FUTURE content, but not current content.
    Dungeon Alert and difficulty scaling killing LFMs since 9-1-2009.

Time Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post

When discussing shortmanning raids we considered using barbarians, but Shat was looking for a challenge so he ended up using an AA. Sorry.

Should people who haven't solo'd a new raid complain about how easy the new raid is? (as he stated above)

More so, should he really be believed at all?

I think if someone puts in a lot of effort to their complaining there a danger than people might think it means something.........Soloing raids is not at all easy or trivial.........IDK.........should the devs design all raids to be impossible to solo even on normal? What other MMO designs content that doesn't force you to group with others all all times? (genuinely curious here, just wondering if this is only DDO, or if other MMOs have people belittling people's achievements and constantly saying it must be too easy if even one player can solo it)
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

I soloed it yesterday my first time stepping into the raid. The only hard part was remembering to select myself before tossing a heal scroll instead of casting it on the dragon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast