2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Default If you're Australian you need an extra zero on your postcode for your credit card.

Heya... Just to make it really obvious before a customer service person comes along and tells you you've been entering your billing address incorrectly - when you know you haven't been.

From the link that they keep linking (rather than actually extracting the information required):

Card and Address Field Character Limits

-Cardholder Name: max length 30 characters (15 first, 15 last)
    -Address Line 1: max length 30 characters
    -Address Line 2: max length 30 characters
    -City: max length 20 characters
    -Zip or Postal Code: min length 5 characters, max length 10 characters.
    -If you don't have a postal code, just enter 5 zeros.
    -If your postal code is 4 characters, add a "0" to the end.
    -If your postal code has more than 4 characters, put a space in the middle. (ie "A2B3CD" should be entered as "A2B 3CD")
    -We've found that codes of 5, 6, 8 and 10 characters work best. If your code is not one of these lengths, try adding zeros at the end

As most Australians have 4 digit postcodes we can see the immediate problem here with the system that Turbine has adopted. There is no "incorrect" about it. We need to make allowances for their system. No mention has been made of what will happen when they finally fix their system. Or if we will be advised.

Thank you and have a nice day.
    ~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

Community Member

Doesn't work for me

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by silvren999 View Post
    Doesn't work for me
    Yes I have a secondary address issue also. My question of which hasn't been answered. And again I am sure my information is correct but their systems can't handle it.

Oh well. While this is all going on I'm not spending any money so I figure this is a good thing. I'm a yearly VIP so I don't really need to fix this until November.

Customer Service Representative

The list that MeliCat posted usually does work. If after trying all that you are still unable to get the credit card on file, you will want to contact the Account Management team directly. The information on how to do that is in my signature. They will be happy to help
    DDO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @DDOUnlimited

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by daVoyd View Post
    The list that MeliCat posted usually does work. If after trying all that you are still unable to get the credit card on file, you will want to contact the Account Management team directly. The information on how to do that is in my signature. They will be happy to help
    I have submitted a ticket and am dutifully waiting my five days.

Potless.

Good thing about the 20% xp bonus, eberron shards, and practicing sp thrift.

Community Member

I've filed my ticket also...
    I have a feeling there might be some issue with IE10 / W8.

Customer Service Representative Carpe_Noctem's Avatar

I just spoke to a member of the Account Support team, and want to pass along some useful information. I can confirm that the extra 0 trick does work in most cases. However, the 0 needs to be entered at the beginning of the postal code, not the end.
    DDO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @DDOSupport

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_Noctem View Post
    I just spoke to a member of the Account Support team, and want to pass along some useful information. I can confirm that the extra 0 trick does work in most cases. However, the 0 needs to be entered at the beginning of the postal code, not the end.
    You may want to give a few examples just so there is zero confusion at this point.

Community Member

Adding a Zero in front of the postal code seems to work for other countries as well.
    "If god would use a wooden staff, that was meant to tend sheep, to part an entire ocean and deliver a nation. Why wouldn't he use a wrestling ministry?" -Todd "the outlaw" Zane, Wrestler.

Community Member

Unhappy

Another Australian here, leading 0 doesn't fix anything for me either, yet the same card with the same information worked when I updated two different accounts with companies other than turbine.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonpm View Post
    Another Australian here, leading 0 doesn't fix anything for me either, yet the same card with the same information worked when I updated two different accounts with companies other than turbine.
    My secondary issue was with my address containing slashes and dashes - just got a response today to replace those with a space.

ALSO it can't cope with blank lines - so you know that second line for street number and name? My guildie just repeated the first line and that seemed to work.

I wonder how US people write unit numbers and address ranges that they didn't get this problem?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    My secondary issue was with my address containing slashes and dashes - just got a response today to replace those with a space.
    I suspect my problem is also with how they want the formatting to be, but alas I'm not adding any slashes or dashes,
    I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens with the support ticket.

Community Member

I think I may of found what my problem is (still waiting for account support so this is just a guess)....

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_Noctem View Post
    This sticky thread also has good information on what could be causing this error. Two of the most common causes of this error are:

-the billing address is being entered incorrectly
    -the billing address is too far away from the player's current location
    While I am in fact at home which is the same as the billing address, my ip number is showing me as half the state away :/ This isn't that unusual I live in tassie and have in the past been shown as being in central NSW and once Perth!

all of which makes me think a fax or phone call is going to be needed. Hello trans-pacific phone bill.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonpm View Post
    I think I may of found what my problem is (still waiting for account support so this is just a guess)....

While I am in fact at home which is the same as the billing address, my ip number is showing me as half the state away :/ This isn't that unusual I live in tassie and have in the past been shown as being in central NSW and once Perth!

all of which makes me think a fax or phone call is going to be needed. Hello trans-pacific phone bill.
    Skype?

yeah my fix didn't work either.

how do i see where my ip address shows me to be? my provider is in perth and i'm in sydney so i wonder if that is the problem? that would be pretty funny as many many aussies would be affected the same way

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Skype?

yeah my fix didn't work either.

how do i see where my ip address shows me to be? my provider is in perth and i'm in sydney so i wonder if that is the problem? that would be pretty funny as many many aussies would be affected the same way
    I've been using http://whatismyipaddress.com/ although there's not guarantee it's the same database that turbine use.

luckly I get an insane amout of call credits on my mobile every month so that's an option for me, unwelcome thought it is given the fault isn't at my end. <sigh>