Community Member

Default Epic Altar issue!!!!!

In the Twelve at the Altar of Epic Rituals, I spent 20 epic dungeon tokens and received a lvl 8 Ruby of Chaos. No options are given to select what level, just one option to purchase a ruby of chaos for 20 epic dungeon tokens...I'd expect epic tokens = epic level ruby of chaos.

I've bug reported and now have an ingame help ticket...will update with results.

Kamode
    Ghallanda
    Corefire, Corebasher, Vailmoc, Corelina, Coreironwood, Coreblades

Quote Originally Posted by Kamode_Corebasher View Post
    In the Twelve at the Altar of Epic Rituals, I spent 20 epic dungeon tokens and received a lvl 8 Ruby of Chaos. No options are given to select what level, just one option to purchase a ruby of chaos for 20 epic dungeon tokens...I'd expect epic tokens = epic level ruby of chaos.

I've bug reported and now have an ingame help ticket...will update with results.

Kamode
    Ghallanda
    o.O

soooo... whats the issue???? That you expected to get something other than what the alter said you were going to get?

While I do think the expense of these augments is ridiculous, you got exactly what you were supposed to.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    o.O

soooo... whats the issue???? That you expected to get something other than what the alter said you were going to get?

While I do think the expense of these augments is ridiculous, you got exactly what you were supposed to.
    ???are you smoking something??? <--and this coming from a long-standing member? You're not just pulling my leg are you???...a little sarcasm maybe???

When I receive the below message, I'd expect to see "EPIC":
    (Standard): Lahar, Epic Trader success with Ruby of Chaos! Created: Ruby of Chaos.

He's an EPIC trader, not an AUGMENT trader or a HEROIC trader!

???are you smoking something??? <--and this coming from a long-standing member? You're not just pulling my leg are you???...a little sarcasm maybe???

(Standard): Lahar, Epic Trader success with Ruby of Chaos! Created: Ruby of Chaos.

What exactly would "Epic" feather fall" be? isnt that another one of the augments you can get for 20 EPIC raid tokens?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

What exactly would "Epic" feather fall" be? isnt that another one of the augments you can get for 20 EPIC raid tokens?
    There is no Epic Feather Fall being sold by the Epic Vendor....no Feather Fall at all as an option.

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

You need to back off a little bit mate. The issue is you not Impaqt, the epic alter, or the epic trader. You got what you paid for. If you thought there was some epic chaos augment shouldn't you have done a little research first and look at the various option. You do realize the list of epic augments has been out for at least a month right?

I know it is hard to admit when we make a mistake. We always want to blame someone else for our stupidity. Hey I did it early today while upgrading some epic armor...lost my armor kit. It stinks. Only thing you can do is calm down and put on your big boy pants and get over it.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

How insecure do you have to be to wait until someone describes their misfortune, and then pounce on them like a high school bro-bully. It's kinda hilarious. It's like flexing with an exposed tiny member crying between their legs.

Sorry for your misfortune OP, glad someone gave you the referencing data you needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    How insecure do you have to be to wait until someone describes their misfortune, and then pounce on them like a high school bro-bully. It's kinda hilarious. It's like flexing with an exposed tiny member crying between their legs.

Sorry for your misfortune OP, glad someone gave you the referencing data you needed.

Yes, cause pouncing on the devs for a non issue is much better...

There are a lot of issues so far with the update. Getting exactly what the alter/trader said you would get doesnt seem like a reasonable complaint to me....

I'm right with ya if you want to complain about the cost for the augments. THey are indeed out if line.

'
    Thelanis

Sev~

Kamode
    Ghallanda
    You received the correct item for the correct amount. The ruby of chaos bypasses chaotic dr and is now ml 8.

The ml of many augments have change, ie heavy fort is now ml 8, not ml 20 (and at 20 epic tokens instead of 30).
    Arrael - Tempest/Kensai; Alyesia - Exploiter Build; Porksoda - WF FvS; Kaealla - Paladin; Arodeth - Envoker FvS

Yes, cause pouncing on the devs for a non issue is much better...

There are a lot of issues so far with the update. Getting exactly what the alter/trader said you would get doesnt seem like a reasonable complaint to me....

I'm right with ya if you want to complain about the cost for the augments. THey are indeed out if line.

'
    I guess it's a glass half full scenario. On the one hand, for an ML 8 augment it is expensive. On the other, it used to cost 30 tokens and not 20. So it is technically cheaper than before and allows you to put it on a weapon much lower than an epic level weapon.

And I didn't mean you or the other guy specifically Impaqt and more a concerted effort, and what I find most disturbing on the forums. Thick skin and all that but occasionally it just gets un-helpful and comes off as mean and insecure.

Edit2: Also, somewhat ninja'd
    Last edited by Sonos; 02-20-2013 at 02:44 PM.

So you paid the listed price expecting to get an augment that was min level 20 and added the chaotic damage flag.

You instead got an ML 8 augment that did what you expected.

Bonus!
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    So you paid the listed price expecting to get an augment that was min level 20 and added the chaotic damage flag.

You instead got an ML 8 augment that did what you expected.

Bonus!
    ^ To be more succinct.

Community Member

Default Missing posts on this thread...

What happened to this thread...after post 5 and before 6 was a post from a member (can't remember the name) who gave this link: http://ddowiki.com/page/Augment_Slot and then my response after post 6 but before post 7 thanking him and basically stating I was wrong.

Community Member

What happened to this thread...
    It looked like it was epic but ended up being only level 8.

Community Member

Indeed they are out of line. Most are simply far too expensive. The only other complaint I have is that a lot of gear we have now with epic slots doesn't list the type of bonus provided, so you don't find out that an augment won't work until you blow the resources on it.

I want my dang tokens back.