Community Member

Default Lost Elite Streak!?

This just isn't right.

Can someone explain this Phenomenon? Can I have my elite streak restored!?!?!?!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After all the work I have put into keeping my streak, this is just plainly Unfair.

Full pics with other player names avail for mods if needed.
    Notice that the XP sheet stats that "I have never completed this adventure before" while my Adventure Compendium (and the named kopesh in my bag) clearly shows otherwise.

server is Kyber, and online support is currently down so I cannot submit a ticket.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do GM say that this is an unknown bug even though I bug reported it last July. I have had several toons have this issue. The worst quests for me are lord of the blades, von and DQ.

I even put in a ticket when it was going to eat my hard streak on entering a epic normal lob (after already completing an epic hard!) and they said they could do nothing.

It seems to be worse on quests that have both epic and normal difficulties and is more likely to hit if I didn't do the heroic elite version
    Shalera Dagen - Triple Completionist life 40 (+ ??? epic) - it is too hard to keep track of the epic lives...

Community Member

For everyone's benefit, Entering any of the chain quests in Normal or Hard or Casual will break your streak regardless of whether the quest was completed prior or not!

---
    @JustMe
    Hopefully they'll do something about it.
    GMs are completely and utterly worthless. Much like Turbine's Support of any kind...
    I wonder if GMs get paid as employees or are just some of us who volunteer... Either way, I submitted a bug report to the devs. Hopefully they'll rectify and fix the issue.
    There's likely a missing "completion" flag of some sort in these quests...
    Last edited by andy310; 02-19-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    For everyone's benefit, Entering any of the chain quests in Normal or Hard or Casual will break your streak regardless of whether the quest was completed prior or not!
    In my experience it's more along the lines of: Entering any quest on casual/normal/hard that you did not complete prior to reaching the xp cap will break your streak. All the quests I did before reaching enough xp for 25 I can run on any difficulty no problem. Any I didn't run until afterworlds will break the streak. (They will also add back to the streak if I run them on elite although I don't get the bonus)

Community Member

On the up-side there is a fairly convenient way to get your streak back up to 5 again...

Community Member

I don't see an upside over loosing a 1 life's streak of 222... sorry...

A similar thing happened to me when my character (at the time he was 18th level) went into a casual Dreaming Dark run with some level 25's. Having the over-level characters in the quest should have meant it did not break his streak, but it did.

It's really not a big deal. Run five more quests on elite and you get back all the benefits you had at 200.

This is one of the reasons why I hate the streak. Once you have it, you want to keep it, which discourages grouping. Any MMO that has a mechanism in place to discourage grouping should seriously reconsider the viability of that mechanism.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    ....This is one of the reasons why I hate the streak. Once you have it, you want to keep it, which discourages grouping. Any MMO that has a mechanism in place to discourage grouping should seriously reconsider the viability of that mechanism.
    I've been saying this since before it was implemented on live but I always take a beating in both forum rep and replies, usually by multi TR's that defend it to the teeth.

So i give up.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    I've been saying this since before it was implemented on live but I always take a beating in both forum rep and replies, usually by multi TR's that defend it to the teeth.

So i give up.
    Yeah, I've posted that a bunch of times too and it has not been well received. The argument I usually get is that dungeon scaling discourages grouping, not the streak mechanic. Which I guess means that no one ever looks at the social panel, sees a group running a quest on Hard or Normal, and decides not to join because it would break their elite streak... It happens to me constantly, but apparently it doesn't happen to anyone else in the game, ever.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    Yeah, I've posted that a bunch of times too and it has not been well received. The argument I usually get is that dungeon scaling discourages grouping, not the streak mechanic. Which I guess means that no one ever looks at the social panel, sees a group running a quest on Hard or Normal, and decides not to join because it would break their elite streak... It happens to me constantly, but apparently it doesn't happen to anyone else in the game, ever.
    I can promise you it certainly isn't just you, although I get the irony. I'm forever making or joining lfms with people joining and asking if it can be done on elite instead, then leaving when no-one else wants to.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    I don't see an upside over loosing a 1 life's streak of 222... sorry...
    Since a streak of 5 is of the same value as a streak of 5 million, the fact that you were at 222 instead of 5 really doesn't matter at all.

(not that the bug shouldn't be address of course...)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Since a streak of 5 is of the same value as a streak of 5 million, the fact that you were at 222 instead of 5 really doesn't matter at all.

(not that the bug shouldn't be address of course...)
    Doesn't matter to you, but matters to anyone with a 1 life's streak of above 200...

And about the 2 degenerates up top... Go run some elites and troll off the forums! XD

Seriously though, Groups running at level hards for anything other then XP FARMING should not exist. Think about that next time you post your LFM for a Hard quest and haven't yet completed an In Streak Elite for the same quest.
    Your are factually telling the game world something that either sounds like: I'm a sissy I can't handle Elite | OR | My toon is *poorly built pejorative term here*, I don't know what I did or how I got here, but instead of asking for help on the matter I'm aimlessly persevering.

Sure, I'll allow that in some *rare* circumstances it could be "I want to learn this quest", but guess what, you learn just the same in Elite difficulty so why bother with Normal or Hard if not for extra XP ?

Of course trying to have a rational discussion about this is not possible on forums, The argument you make is "Well this stuff is too hard!", the argument all of us other people make is "well this stuff is too Easy!". There's no way that a concordance can be had in that situation.

And in their own way the Streak actually does just this, It weeds out the bad apples making it so that if I party with a group I don't end up with a leader who screams for heals after 3 seconds of being into the quest when the cleric hasn't even zoned in (true story btw)...
    And always in their own way, they do promote grouping up... Us TRs stay with other TRs so that we don't have to explain the whole "gw" process anew ..... -_-

OhOhoh! I know, Same discussion goes for EH quests... SAME 'OL THING THERE.... it's like people get lazy when they reach level 20... That or they just can't make the cut (at least on Kyber's public LFM, the underground's a bit better :P)
    Last edited by andy310; 02-22-2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Just saw an EH TOR listing -_-