Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Wail bugged?

Community Member

Player cast Wail of the Banshee used to affect EVERY valid target within a certain radius, either killing it outright or draining levels on a save.

Now it's a ticking aura with each tick having a chance to:

1. Do absolutely nothing.

2. Cause a target within the radius to save or die.

3. Drain levels.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    Player cast Wail of the Banshee used to affect EVERY valid target within a certain radius, either killing it outright or draining levels on a save.

Now it's a ticking aura with each tick having a chance to:

1. Do absolutely nothing.

2. Cause a target within the radius to save or die.

3. Drain levels.
    1. Do absolutely nothing. <-- this seems to be the main effect of wail.

Remember when we used to have powerful toons? Favored Souls would wing through the land without timers. Pale masters would destroy whole villages with the click of a button. Rangers would wound and puncture without mercy. We would hurtle through poison traps without a care in the world. Sorcerers would amaze and astound their companions by atomizing their enemies with a wave of their hands.

The magic really is disappearing from the realms. Pretty soon we will all be waving our butter knives helplessly at Feather of the Sun as we get burned alive in the first lava pool on the way to the quest.

Bring back the magic Turbine. Make us feel like heroes again. I am tired of the nerfs, intentional or unintentional. I play to have fun, not to struggle knowing that tomorrow's nerfs, mistakes, and lack of attention to quality will only make me struggle even more.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    I can't speak for wail, but I do not see any problems with implosion. I have used it in epic hard/elite quests with expected results. Have you or anyone done any actual testing to prove it's bugged?

I tested it and it worked fine:
    Code:
    Quest: Home Sweet Home
    Test: Round up 5 dogs, cast implosion. Repeat 5 times.

Expected Result: all 5 dogs die, every time.  5% chance to save, and die from save damage.

Actual Results:
    #1: All 5 dogs die
    #2: 4 dogs die, 1 save and die from damage.
    #3: All 5 dogs die
    #4: All 5 dogs die
    #5: All 5 dogs die
    Regarding wail and the hireling, perhaps it's the hireling that is bugged?
    Yes I have tested it extensively as have some others who have reported in this thread and elsewhere on the forums..

Implosion bug functions the same as wail bug

Implosion bug has received no comment or feedback from devs and appears to be being ignored in favour of the occasional post about wail fixes in u18 that don’t work.

i.e. Click icon

1. Nothing at all happens i.e. no effect on any mobs – roughly 50% chance of this
    2. 1 Or 2 mobs will be imploded

I have already posted in this thread. but I will once again mention that my fvs is multiple TR with lots of spell pen and focus items and tricked out with epic twists for spell pen and spell focus

I ran through 3 wizard life’s , 2 sorc life’s and 3 fvs life’s so far , the most recent was 3 wizard life’s back to back.

Having finished my 3 wizard life’s to gain +6 spell pen I TR back into FVS approximately 5 months ago to discover that implosion bug makes the implosion spell virtually useless, this is of course after update 14 changes to implosion and wail that made it vastly less useful to begin with.

My character started out as a tukaw type build on day 1 of cannith server. I have extensive experience of playing it as a FVS. sorc/fvs/fvs/wiz/wiz/wiz/fvs

Spending a lot of time TR and gearing a character only to have its core spells nerfed 2 times and then ninja nerfed by breaking implosion is extremely disappointing.

Now we see the enhancement pass is going to nerf FVS even more. This is a joke as currently there really is no point to play FVs verses play a cleric which had far more endurance due to auras and therefore usefulness to a party.

Implosion is bugged and hasn’t worked reliably or usefully for at least 4 months and in typical Turbine fashion the issue is totally ignored in favour of pushing out more bugged and broken content.

The only reliable spell for my FVS is currently greater command . Divine punishment does pathetic damage compared to savant sorc DOTs. Blade barrier is pretty much always evaded in epic hard or better contend and the damage it does verse monster hit points is pathetic.

My 28 point wf sorc brings far more to any group than my 7 life epic geared Fvs. My
    2nd life cleric is vastly more useful to raids than my FVS due to its regenerating auras. Fvs class is a mere fraction of what it once was .

Maybe if people keep posting in this thread and it gets to say 30 plus pages the Devs and turbine management will do something about it. Much like it took 40 pages or more of complaints posts on the forums to get Turbine to address TR loss of epic destiny xp bug.
    Last edited by Hirosue; 06-07-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    "Player testers have done an excelent job and I really do appreciate the testing done by the players that report the issues which then get ignored ......."

Well, my cleric has good luck with implosion. Every time I cast it, it ticks on a mob every time it's supposed to, either imploding them or causing damage due to a save. Occasionally it will appear to skip a tick or two if I'm near targetable un-implodable things like portals. I chalk that up to occasionally targeting the unimplodable thing, which doesn't bother me. Net effect, every tick it at least tries to do something.

By contrast, wail is supposed to target two things every tick, and something is always supposed to happen to those two targets. Either they die outright, or they get level drained. My epic 25 pale master was helping a friend farm outsider token in Invaders! on normal. That's a level 12 quest. I'd start out the quest running left to that first group of 3 demons. No portals anywhere near this. No nothing except those three mobs. Not only didn't 2 die the first tick with the 3rd dying on the second tick, one or more of them survived wail altogether. I never once saw the level drain effect. (We ran it 4 times to get his tokens; I did this 4 times, in that same spot, and I don't think it ever killed all 3 mobs even once.)

Wail isn't even remotely working. It's essentially a complete waste of a spell slot, which is unfortunate. It would be like if rage didn't do anything, or stunning fist. It's the signature move of the friggin' class. FIX IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirosue View Post
    Yes I have tested it extensively as have some others who have reported in this thread and elsewhere on the forums..

Implosion bug has received no comment or feedback from devs and appears to be being ignored in favour of the occasional post about wail fixes in u18 that don’t work.

i.e. Click icon

1. Nothing at all happens i.e. no effect on any mobs – roughly 50% chance of this

I have already posted in this thread. but I will once again mention that my fvs is multiple TR with lots of spell pen and focus items and tricked out with epic twists for spell pen and spell focus

I ran through 3 wizard life’s , 2 sorc life’s and 3 fvs life’s so far , the most recent was 3 wizard life’s back to back.

Having finished my 3 wizard life’s to gain +6 spell pen I TR back into FVS approximately 5 months ago to discover that implosion bug makes the implosion spell virtually useless, this is of course after update 14 changes to implosion and wail that made it vastly less useful to begin with.

My character started out as a tukaw type build on day 1 of cannith server. I have extensive experience of playing it as a FVS. sorc/fvs/fvs/wiz/wiz/wiz/fvs

Spending a lot of time TR and gearing a character only to have its core spells nerfed 2 times and then ninja nerfed by breaking implosion is extremely disappointing.

Now we see the enhancement pass is going to nerf FVS even more. This is a joke as currently there really is no point to play FVs verses play a cleric which had far more endurance due to auras and therefore usefulness to a party.

Implosion is bugged and hasn’t worked reliably or usefully for at least 4 months and in typical Turbine fashion the issue is totally ignored in favour of pushing out more bugged and broken content.

The only reliable spell for my FVS is currently greater command . Divine punishment does pathetic damage compared to savant sorc DOTs. Blade barrier is pretty much always evaded in epic hard or better contend and the damage it does verse monster hit points is pathetic.

My 28 point wf sorc brings far more to any group than my 7 life epic geared Fvs. My
    2nd life cleric is vastly more useful to raids than my FVS due to its regenerating auras. Fvs class is a mere fraction of what it once was .

Maybe if people keep posting in this thread and it gets to say 30 plus pages the Devs and turbine management will do something about it. Much like it took 40 pages or more of complaints posts on the forums to get Turbine to address TR loss of epic destiny xp bug.
    Please provide or point to a test case? Please do the same simple test with the 5 dogs in the harbor and post your results. As far as I can tell, implosion is working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirosue View Post

i.e. Click icon

You aren't doing something right - do you have all the EDs? I was in a group with a multi-TR FvS doing EH GH quests and he carried the whole group. He healed everyone (almost no deaths), did instakills, meleeing, bladebarriers and did as much DPS than the rest of the party combined vs bosses in tree form (about 900 dmg per normal hit).

with wail being horribly bugged for this long here are some of the possibilities with Turbine:

1) they don't care, other games are taking priority, not enough resources
    2) they don't care, they would rather work on developing new content
    3) they don't care, they would rather work on new ways to milk money out of people
    4) incredible incompetence (lots of turnover, new programmers?)
    5) this is a really easy way to increase the challenge for quests

Community Member

Wail of the Banshee isn't actually bugged, it got intentionally nerfed and Turbine are grudgingly pretending it's a bug, which we are supposed to assume will be added to the bottom of a list, essentially ensuring it never gets addressed. It's better from a PR perspective to pretend nerfs are bugs, it saves a little bit of butthurt from a naive playerbase, the net result being that slightly less people quit for every new person that joins and WB maintains a marginally higher profit. These things aren't accidents, they are part of a profit driven strategy. This was a straght up tax on the time we take to get things done in the game. It's quite simple really.

with wail being horribly bugged for this long here are some of the possibilities with Turbine:

1) they don't care, other games are taking priority, not enough resources
    2) they don't care, they would rather work on developing new content
    3) they don't care, they would rather work on new ways to milk money out of people
    4) incredible incompetence (lots of turnover, new programmers?)
    5) this is a really easy way to increase the challenge for quests
    6) WAI but they are pretending it is a bug they are having incredible difficulty fixing

Wail of the Banshee isn't actually bugged, it got intentionally nerfed and Turbine are grudgingly pretending it's a bug, which we are supposed to assume will be added to the bottom of a list, essentially ensuring it never gets addressed. It's better from a PR perspective to pretend nerfs are bugs, it saves a little bit of butthurt from a naive playerbase, the net result being that slightly less people quit for every new person that joins and WB maintains a marginally higher profit. These things aren't accidents, they are part of a profit driven strategy. This was a straght up tax on the time we take to get things done in the game. It's quite simple really.
    what???? So, wail has absolutely no effect sometimes and less monsters than it is supposed to other times and they would do this on purpose? Seems like a real stretch to me. I'd think less of them if they gave it a minor nerf (they did come out and actually nerf wail a while ago and while I wasn't happy about it I lived with it) then to pull **** like this. The way wail is (not) working right now (and for what, 4 months???) makes me think they either don't really care if we play or not, are giving up on the game or are incompetent.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Well, my cleric has good luck with implosion. Every time I cast it, it ticks on a mob every time it's supposed to, either imploding them or causing damage due to a save. Occasionally it will appear to skip a tick or two if I'm near targetable un-implodable things like portals. I chalk that up to occasionally targeting the unimplodable thing, which doesn't bother me. Net effect, every tick it at least tries to do something.

By contrast, wail is supposed to target two things every tick, and something is always supposed to happen to those two targets. Either they die outright, or they get level drained. My epic 25 pale master was helping a friend farm outsider token in Invaders! on normal. That's a level 12 quest. I'd start out the quest running left to that first group of 3 demons. No portals anywhere near this. No nothing except those three mobs. Not only didn't 2 die the first tick with the 3rd dying on the second tick, one or more of them survived wail altogether. I never once saw the level drain effect. (We ran it 4 times to get his tokens; I did this 4 times, in that same spot, and I don't think it ever killed all 3 mobs even once.)

Wail isn't even remotely working. It's essentially a complete waste of a spell slot, which is unfortunate. It would be like if rage didn't do anything, or stunning fist. It's the signature move of the friggin' class. FIX IT.
    Exactly!

I do see a few complaints in here of implosion not working, so I figure there must be something going on there also, but I have not heard anyone complain of it in game, so I wonder. It at least must not be as bad as wail.

My wizards are still shelved until further notice until this gets fixed or I TR to a class they haven't eviscerated.

For me, the difference between wail and implosion is night and day. Wail never, ever, ever targets 6 mobs. I consider targeting 3 mobs to be a solid casting. (Note: I mean targets, not kills; level drain counts as a target.) By contrast, my cleric's implosion works flawlessly, correctly targeting mobs 5 times every cast.

I've used wail as recently as 3 days ago, implosion as recently as 12 hours ago.

Wail is bugged yet. When it will be fixed? Devs? Any word? Wail is bugged since February. When when when when??

Radiant servant aura and pale master death aura often fail to work in several ticks.

Turbine, please. Not more new ideas as new epic TR until the bugs are fixed. Fix bugs, please. Fix bugs. Again, fix bugs. It’s very annoying. You are creating new bugs over old bugs.
    Last edited by Iriale; 06-17-2013 at 04:05 AM.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

You know, I've still got my pale master sitting at... level twenty? Yeah, level twenty, I think. Just... sitting there. I basically just bring her out for shroud. And throw a wail once in awhile just to remind myself it's still borked.
    Furthermore, I believe that the bugs and lag must be fixed.

Community Member

Angry

They'll probably fix it the day they make Magister useable for dc oriented wizards in EE endgame content, ie Never!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    1. Do absolutely nothing. <-- this seems to be the main effect of wail.

Remember when we used to have powerful toons? Favored Souls would wing through the land without timers. Pale masters would destroy whole villages with the click of a button. Rangers would wound and puncture without mercy. We would hurtle through poison traps without a care in the world. Sorcerers would amaze and astound their companions by atomizing their enemies with a wave of their hands.

The magic really is disappearing from the realms. Pretty soon we will all be waving our butter knives helplessly at Feather of the Sun as we get burned alive in the first lava pool on the way to the quest.

Bring back the magic Turbine. Make us feel like heroes again. I am tired of the nerfs, intentional or unintentional. I play to have fun, not to struggle knowing that tomorrow's nerfs, mistakes, and lack of attention to quality will only make me struggle even more.
    This is the gist of my grumbles. I second this.

Community Member

The more gritty side. Also seconded.

Community Member

while not directly related,

Wail really sucks now and i have probably had more kills with Finger of Death than Wail. However, it also led me to try Circle of Death which still works like the old wail except it requires a Reflex, but still works far better than Wail now and has a shorter cooldown. I'm doing ok now with my PM because of this spell. I hope the devs don't see this and get any ideas about Nerfing Circle of Death now.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Fixed in the patch.:This change reverts Wail to pre-U17 behaviour, which should result in fewer "misses" with Wail.
    yuhuuu

Wail will be fixed in u18-p2
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    while not directly related,

Wail really sucks now and i have probably had more kills with Finger of Death than Wail. However, it also led me to try Circle of Death which still works like the old wail except it requires a Reflex, but still works far better than Wail now and has a shorter cooldown. I'm doing ok now with my PM because of this spell. I hope the devs don't see this and get any ideas about Nerfing Circle of Death now.
    Circle of death has a maximum 4 (or 6 ? can't remember) targets. Old wail was 20.
    That, and the double save makes it much weaker, too.

I hope by fixing wail, they also fix implosion. Because divines don't need to get screwed again.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast