Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Wail bugged?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    What's an estimated date for U18, and will it include the enhancement pass?
    It's been said before that it will not have the enhancement pass.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    What's an estimated date for U18, ...?
    Today! Off to test wail.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Today! Off to test wail.
    And? is it still broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Hirosue View Post
    Is implosion going to be fixed in U18 ? i.e it has exactlythe same issues as wail

or are you/turbine hoping that we will just get bored of complaining and go away ?
    Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    Posts like this are why the devs don't talk to us more often....
    If we didn't have a strong feeling that devs don't give a ****, we wouldn't be making posts like these.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

I heard, so it wasn't tested by me, that Wail is not fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    And? is it still broken?
    I gotta say, I am not sure it's working properly. It's very erratic. I tried it in the new quest where you have to capture 4 guys. I deliberately ran around herding MOBs up then hit the button. Sometimes it would kill three or four mobs, sometimes I would get a level drain, but mostly it seemed to do nothing.

I had this theory that moving while casting was causing it to fail, but even standing still did not seem to make it work reliably.

This was a level 25 sorc in a level 15 quest on hard. Her necro DC is garbage (35), but still, it should have at least level drained what it did not kill and I never saw more than 1 level drain per cast, if that.

It's also problematic to test in that the cool-down on it is really long so doing more than a few tests gets tiresome.
    Last edited by Katie_Seaglen; 05-22-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Community Member

From what I've tested since they broke it, Wail seems to work like a ticking aura now, I seem to get slightly more favourable results moving over towards the next mob after killing another. That said, mobs can still seem to remain completely immune to those ticks, so I'm not sure exactly what determines what gets affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Wail of the Banshee should be fixed with U18.
    /disapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    From what I've tested since they broke it, Wail seems to work like a ticking aura now, I seem to get slightly more favourable results moving over towards the next mob after killing another. That said, mobs can still seem to remain completely immune to those ticks, so I'm not sure exactly what determines what gets affected.
    Youre late to the party, wail works like an aura since u14.

Community Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    It should be. If Wail of the Banshee isn't working on Lamannia, we'd appreciate new bug reports on it.
    Okay, I am really not sure how this was tested, because it is most definitely not. The in game bug reporter was down again, so filled in the following bug report via the web ddobugs site.

Character: Wizard 20/Epic 5
    Race: Elf
    Destiny: Magister
    Unlocked Destinies: All
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Quest: Kobolds new ringleader
    Difficulty: Casual
    Adventure Difficulty: 1
    Hirelings: 1 - Lyvwen (20/2 Wizard)
    Hireling status: Passive
    Enemies encountered: between 6/7 kobolds (3 gathered from turning right at the first intersection before the cold trap and then rounding them up with the 4 kobolds from going back and turning left at the first intersection and thru the door).
    Spell: Hireling casts Wail of the Banshee on the surrounding casual difficulty kobolds
    Expected result: 6 kobolds killed at 73.5% frequency (kobolds will only live when the roll a 20). The remainder are expected to be negative leveled.
    Actual result: Rarely ever see a negative level proc and never once killed all 6 kobolds.

Community Member

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    And? is it still broken?
    Yes, it’s broken. It's very erratic. When it will be fixed? Wail is an important spell for my pale master.

Community Member

Angry

Bump! Come on devs. This bug can be even repeated by an epic hireling in a level one quest. That has got to help narrow things down to identify the bug. It's gone on for way, way too long!

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    Yes, it’s broken. It's very erratic. When it will be fixed? Wail is an important spell for my pale master.
    It's obviously never going to get fixed. Even Turbine employees said it worked for them. I loved my wizard but this bug made me decide to TR into a sorcerer again and I don't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It is clearly and unambiguously NOT FIXED.
    I never had a character that used this spell before it was bugged. What is it not doing now that it is supposed to be doing? I genuinely don't know.

Using it now, it generally kills multiple mobs, and drains levels on some others. It actually seems to work better than implosion ever did on my cleric, when half the times i cast that it didn't seem to do anything at all. And not because of saves. I haven't heard anything about implosion being bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    I never had a character that used this spell before it was bugged. What is it not doing now that it is supposed to be doing? I genuinely don't know.

Using it now, it generally kills multiple mobs, and drains levels on some others. It actually seems to work better than implosion ever did on my cleric, when half the times i cast that it didn't seem to do anything at all. And not because of saves. I haven't heard anything about implosion being bugged.
    u

Wail and implosion have both been severley bugged for at least four months. This thread is full of posts describing the issue.if you don't know what's going on perhaps you should read it.
    "Player testers have done an excelent job and I really do appreciate the testing done by the players that report the issues which then get ignored ......."

Community Member

Unhappy

It's got me wondering that with bugs like these when the devs can't reproduce it has to do with some wierd lingering character attribute, like what happened with Mabar spawns because the Partycrashers quest would set an illegal value. I imagine a dev would auto roll a L17+ wiz/sorc and not encounter the problem.

u

Wail and implosion have both been severley bugged for at least four months. This thread is full of posts describing the issue.if you don't know what's going on perhaps you should read it.
    There was supposed to have been a fix put in with the last update. Are you saying it's completely unchanged from that? I read this post back when it first started. People claimed that wail was doing nothing. Maybe it was. I didn't have a character that used it at the time.

Wail definitely does something now. Granted, it doesn't seem to hit 2 enemies at a time as the description states. It seems like it hits one every 2 seconds.

My guy was a cleric way longer than 4 months ago. So what i described has nothing to do with any bug that recent. The effects i observed were prior to the last mabar event.

u

I can't speak for wail, but I do not see any problems with implosion. I have used it in epic hard/elite quests with expected results. Have you or anyone done any actual testing to prove it's bugged?

I tested it and it worked fine:
    Code:
    Quest: Home Sweet Home
    Test: Round up 5 dogs, cast implosion. Repeat 5 times.

Expected Result: all 5 dogs die, every time.  5% chance to save, and die from save damage.

Actual Results:
    #1: All 5 dogs die
    #2: 4 dogs die, 1 save and die from damage.
    #3: All 5 dogs die
    #4: All 5 dogs die
    #5: All 5 dogs die
    Regarding wail and the hireling, perhaps it's the hireling that is bugged?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast