Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Wail bugged?

Well I'm calling Turbine on this, the issue with Wail of the Banshee' isn't just some inconenient bug that's a bit too complicated to revert to a working state. This is an intentional stealth nerf of casters, with Turbine hoping that any sort of protest will be diluted and neutralized by the smokescreen of waiting and speculating over whether we will get a response or fix. This issue has been allowed languish for weeks so far without any serious response.

I think Turbine have gotten into a habit of arbitrarily making changes to the way things work, to guage how badly players might react to a more rigorous and DDO store oriented buff/nerf cycle version of DDO, as they plan how they can make the most money out of DDO going into the future. They are seeing how cheeky they can be with unannounced modifications of game mechanics, hoping that any protest and outrage will be muted through the confusion and bickering that usually follows on the forums.

Ultimately the only way to punish this sort of thing is withdrawing custom.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Well I'm calling Turbine on this, the issue with Wail of the Banshee' isn't just some inconenient bug that's a bit too complicated to revert to a working state. This is an intentional stealth nerf of casters, with Turbine hoping that any sort of protest will be diluted and neutralized by the smokescreen of waiting and speculating over whether we will get a response or fix. This issue has been allowed languish for weeks so far without any serious response.

I think Turbine have gotten into a habit of arbitrarily making changes to the way things work, to guage how badly players might react to a more rigorous and DDO store oriented buff/nerf cycle version of DDO, as they plan how they can make the most money out of DDO going into the future. They are seeing how cheeky they can be with unannounced modifications of game mechanics, hoping that any protest and outrage will be muted through the confusion and bickering that usually follows on the forums.

Ultimately the only way to punish this sort of thing is withdrawing custom.
    Maybe you should have read my earlier post on this thread I said the same thing. Problem is there's little we can do, except you know stop playing casters.
    Useful forum tricks:
    Change Fonts: [font=][/font]
    Change Color: [color=][/color]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    I've been looking into the Wail issue, and it appears to be functioning in my local (U18) build - I took a sorcerer out into Sane Asylum, Epic Gianthold, and into the Underdark, and was still triggering instant death on failed saves and negative levels on successful saves - unless I failed Spell Resistance checks. If I did, then there was no effect, as expected.

Can anyone list (with absolute certainty) any monsters that you've seen Wail Fail against? I can retest using those.

I think it may be the normal spell resistance failure that we're seeing, rather than a bug, but I want more data to confirm it. In the meantime, I'll double check in the live mirror branch.

Thanks.
    I believe the bug is unique to wizard / pale master, I have sorc. and wiz, and wail of banshee of my sorc. level 21 is totally functional, but my pale master level 25 DC 57 not working.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by odheon View Post
    I believe the bug is unique to wizard / pale master, I have sorc. and wiz, and wail of banshee of my sorc. level 21 is totally functional, but my pale master level 25 DC 57 not working.
    A very similar bug has happened with Implosion for years.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keylon View Post
    Maybe you should have read my earlier post on this thread I said the same thing. Problem is there's little we can do, except you know stop playing casters.
    I have stopped playing mine. I use it only for farming items (have been ransacking rusted blades chest looking for a drow khopesh on as many toons as possible with no luck for months). For anything other than ransacking that 1 chest I don't play my "primary" anymore because it isn't fun. I will plan to TR her soon, probably back to sorc where I can take 2 paladin levels and never miss the extra spells since they are useless to me anyway.

Community Member

BUMP

Seems still not working properly. News? Devs?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    BUMP

Seems still not working properly. News? Devs?
    I believe it was confirmed that a fix was due in U18, although there may have been further complications. I doubt anyone has managed to copy a character to Lamland to test if it is yet.

The same situation is affecting Implosion. It isn't just PMs either; I suspect the comment above re: the Sorc is because from my own experiences it is much more common at higher levels.

Wail of the Banshee should be fixed with U18.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    This would have been much better.

Wail of the Banshee will be fixed with U18.
    Distributed - Currently on life 80.

Community Member

Is it fixed in the current Lammania build?

I would test it with my sorc except the character copy tool mistakenly believes she is over there, when she is not.

At least that's what it used to say when going to the character copy tool did not give me a 404 page not found error.

Oh, and the bug reporting tool does not work on the Mac client.

Hmm. Fingers crossed ay?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    We couldn't agree more. I just checked in with our Quality Assurance team, and we have a reproduction of the new issue, as well as updated internal testing steps for them to follow when testing spell functionality.

The prior fix to the spell made it through our QA team due to an oversight- it was being tested in a situation against low level enemies who were unlikely to ever make a saving throw. As a result of that and some other factors, they weren't encountering this issue.

We've got an internal bug in on the new issue with the spell, and it'll get worked on by the appropriate developer.

Thanks for the reports, folks!
    Thanks for the info but it has nothing to do with mob level. Note it also fails to assign neg levels, this being an effect that should occur after a successful save, correct? Cause it isn't happening.

Oh and not another penny till the game is one I recognize having enjoyed.
    Last edited by Disgruntled175; 05-20-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Is it fixed in the current Lammania build?
    It should be. If Wail of the Banshee isn't working on Lamannia, we'd appreciate new bug reports on it.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

It should be. If Wail of the Banshee isn't working on Lamannia, we'd appreciate new bug reports on it.
    It's a little hard to get onto lamannia right now with the launcher issue.

Community Member MarcusCleardawn's Avatar

And any idea when that might be?

Is implosion going to be fixed in U18 ? i.e it has exactlythe same issues as wail

or are you/turbine hoping that we will just get bored of complaining and go away ?
    "Player testers have done an excelent job and I really do appreciate the testing done by the players that report the issues which then get ignored ......."

Quote Originally Posted by Hirosue View Post
    Is implosion going to be fixed in U18 ? i.e it has exactlythe same issues as wail

or are you/turbine hoping that we will just get bored of complaining and go away ?
    Posts like this are why the devs don't talk to us more often....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hirosue View Post

I copied a level 21 cleric over there, and am playing on a Mac which doesn't have the launcher problems seen on Windows. I tried Implosion in vale and in Shroud part 1.

In Vale I was getting 5 for 5 kills every time. In Shroud I saw one miss, and the combat log showed a spell pen roll which I succeeded on, and then some largish amount of damage.

If there is any other scenario which might be useful to test, I can try it.

I can't try wail right now because the character copy tool is messed up bad and won't copy the one toon I have that can cast it.

Implosion has been working for me 100% correctly for weeks. (I didn't have it until a few weeks ago, so I can't say how long it's been working correctly.)

EDIT: My pale master's wail, OTOH, has been a joke not worth casting for a long time now.

Holy cow a response to this problem. I dont believe my eyes. Very cool that it is getting fixxed as this was a very very frustrating big to a iconic spell in the game.

Community Member

What's an estimated date for U18, and will it include the enhancement pass?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast