This was a very annoying situation on Windows too. I guess they want to make sure we see the latest ads and offers every time we want to play the game, but it's unnecessarily slow especially when the launcher insists on downloading the loading screens for ALL the languages.
Anyway, here's how to disable it on Mac OS X:
- Select the Dungeons & Dragons icon in your Applications folder,
- Control-click or Right-click and choose Show Package Contents.
- From inside the app package, navigate to Contents/Resources/dndclient.app/Contents/Resources/
- and select the DownloadFilesList.xml file in there and make a backup copy of it, just in case.
- Edit DownloadFilesList.xml to the following:
Code:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <FileList> </FileList>
- Save it then Get Info on that file (⌘I) and check Locked to make it read-only.
- Enjoy your new instant Launcher.
You may need to uncheck Locked before a game update to let it download any new splash screens.
TL;DR: Edit the /Applications/DNDLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/dndclient.app/Contents/Resources/DownloadFilesList.xml to have a blank <FileList> element then Lock that file to make it read-only. (at least I think "DNDLauncher.app" was the original name before I renamed it.)