Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cannot respec Extend Feat at Fred

Class: Artificer

I took Extend at level 20 (Artificer Bonus Feat, from Artificer Feat List) not knowing that it blows goats.

OK, no problem, I haven't used Fred yet for my free feat respec. Go to Lockania, answer the questions, get my free feat respec. Head over to Fred.

Drag Extend into the box and.... nothing comes up on right side.
    Drag any other feat, even other Artificer Bonus feats, and the right side populates just fine.

Its just broken for Extend, the ONE FEAT I want to get rid of (because of the aforementioned goat blowing.)

Is this a known bug? I tried using the Turbine "Knowledgebase" feature, but its not listed there, so I'm asking the community (who, IMHO, has better knowledge of the game than Turbine does...)

update: when I do drag in Extend, it says I took it at level 1, which is total B.S. I JUST took it at level 20.
    Last edited by Silex_Molior; 02-19-2013 at 12:17 PM.

The feat exchange needs to change it does not work well at all. Sometimes you just feel you want to grab fred by his skinny little neck and ring him out like a fricken mop.

Well I exchanged twf I used for lvling for extend as it is pretty useful even just for saving sps and bother casting self-buffs. That worked fine but for some reason it made my draconic and sentinel destiny trees reset themselves. Not a problem, saved me some cash in fact but I have no clue why and also why it chose those 2 trees.

I've seen people have trouble with finding feats due to them being needed as pre-reqs for other feats but never that the feat was there but it allowed no other feats. I'd be interested to see how it resolves itself.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Community Member

I've only had a problem swapping a feat if it was a requirement (even a "requires one of" that I had covered already, i.e. proficiency Bastard Sword or weap focus bludgeon ). If you've eliminated that as a possibility (which seems remote but I don't know about Arti's), make sure it isn't hotbarred and\or active while you're trying to remove it. No clue if that could be the problem but worth a try while you wait for support...

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown

Artificer bonus metamagic feat can't be exchanged on my side, wich forced me to lesser re-incarnate and go custom route to fix my build
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Community Member

In short, Fred is borked. While he may look like a mindflayer, he is infact disguised and much more closely related to server hamsters... and just as dependable. He will only allow you to exchange feats as he sees fit, and the criteria for his decision sporadically changes to random new peramiters at unknown intervals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    "All characters have multiple abilities when it comes to fighting that benefits the parties ability to complete a quest, how many are YOU using?"

It's definitely broken...my artificer (level 18) wants to swap out the Sorc Clickie past life feat for Precise Shot, but only one feat is showing on the left side, and that's Spell Focus: Evocation, which I want to keep!

I know for a fact that I have more than one feat.

Maybe Fred just hates Artificers, and doesn't want to help them fix their mistakes?
    "What do I want? I want to live just long enough to be there when they cut your head off and stick it on a pike, as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this." - Vir Cotto, Babylon 5

Fred definitely hates artificers. With my artificer i couldn't exchange augment summoning when I got it at level 1. Sometimes it would wrongly display the level I acquired the feat, so it further limited what feats I could exchange it with. I also noticed that my current level depended on what feats were available to exchange; i.e. if I were at level 16 it would only show feats I acquired from bonus artificer feats at levels 4, 8, 12, 16, but if I were say level 13 it would only show feats that I acquired normally at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18.

I was not amused. Fred, however, was very amused. His tentacles gyrated excitedly at my "???" thoughts.

My iron dog was not amused either. It kept barking at Fred. But then again it likes to bark at everything and nothing, so I'm not so sure on the amusement state of the dog.

With the 9 feat exchanges I had to do at once on my Juggernaut (I guess I can call it an arty), I didn't have any problem with feat swaps (I really screwed up my feats, and won't risk full ED cap to an LR when I can just do feat exchanges for similar cost). This was with changing bonus metamagic feats (including taking maximize at 20 because manyshot wasn't available). That was Monday night, btw (2/18/2013).

Maybe not being pure arty gives me more love? >_>

Edit: Side note, if you're leveling a character like the Juggernaut, be very careful with your feat planning - you don't want to have to do 9 feat exchange like I did (I basically had to un-take feats so I could swap the base ones, then re-take the base feats and then the higher-up ones).
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

I have the same issue on my WF 20 Arti, took extend as my last bonus feat without doing research (bad move, it doesn't work on most arti buffs).
    Devourer ate my characters.

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    With the 9 feat exchanges [...] won't risk full ED cap to an LR
    It appears that Turbine is now willing and able to restore lost destinies should a reincarnation go pear-shaped.

Another victim here.

I planned to swap Augmented Summoning (not a prerequisite for anything) out for Precision at lvl 16. No can do, only the Barbarian PL and Spell Focus Evocation show up??

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It appears that Turbine is now willing and able to restore lost destinies should a reincarnation go pear-shaped.
    Sorry, not spending 900 TP for a bug.

Would like a Dev response, even if its just "looking into this" or "known issue".

Same thing happened to me except i took extend earlier and tried to swap it out after realizing it was about as helpful to an arti as the spell pen feats...I bug reported it and had to lesser reincarnate.
    Crank it out!

This has been an ongoing known problem to players whose only workaround/recourse is to LR to respec feats that Fred seems incapable of dealing with. Multiple toughnesses is still an issue with Fred as well.

This is not in the Official known issues list
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=150534

So that tells me the Dev's are unaware of it even though there have been many many posts about this in the forums.

Bug report it so it can be flagged as an issue and bumped up to Dev's to acknowledge.

There is a disconnect between the issues players know about and the ones Dev's have identified as issues they can reproduce and put on the fix list.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

My solution was to:
    * reset my enhancements
    * don't spend my action points
    * swap feat
    * spend action points

Because as someone pointed out above if any enhancements you have taken has a "requires one of" for that feat it doesn't matter if you have it covered elsewhere because it is locked in by that enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    My solution was to:
    * reset my enhancements
    * don't spend my action points
    * swap feat
    * spend action points

Because as someone pointed out above if any enhancements you have taken has a "requires one of" for that feat it doesn't matter if you have it covered elsewhere because it is locked in by that enhancement.
    Tried this, but now its even worse.

Now the left side of the window doesn't even LIST Extend anymore. (Previously, it was there, but when I dragged it down, nothing came up on the right side).

This happened after the last hotfix.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

It may be that Extend was a possible Class Feat. And possibly you've taken all other class feats that you had the prerequisites for.

Alternatively, it could be borked. Try a LR.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    It may be that Extend was a possible Class Feat. And possibly you've taken all other class feats that you had the prerequisites for.

Alternatively, it could be borked. Try a LR.
    I do not have all other class feats, because I want to trade Extend for Quicken, both class feats, and I don't have Quicken.

So, its borked.

Really do not want to LR, with all the bugs around Epic Destinies getting wiped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast