Lightbulb Would like to start a "Newbie Night" - Discuss?

Hello there, fellow gentlefolk of Cannith! I've been pondering for quite some time of starting a regularly scheduled "newbie night" at least one evening a week. Days I had in mind would be Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday beginning at roughly 8:00 PM Central.

So what is this "newbie night" you say? More or less, this will be a public event hosted by me where folks who are either new to the game, returning players, or patient vets would be invited to hang out and crawl some dungeons. I'd like to target low to mid level content not including raids (at least for now). Dungeon difficulty would be determined by party make-up and party comfort level.

Please let me know if anyone would be interested in participating and/or which night of the week listed would most likely be best for our server population. I'm quite open to suggestion. Thanks in advance!
    The Blue Queen - Shadow Warriors - Cannith

www.twitch.tv/thebluequeen

Talking

It's Cannith, every night is newbie night.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Well then... Since Cannith is allegedly ripe with newbies, this event should have no shortage of interested parties.

Not to be negative, just critical, players who are going to sniff flowers in low level content are probably not reading the forums.

What truly be funny if you ended up with 6 patient vets hanging out together.

I'd like to help out, problem is I'm UK based and I think that's like 1 or 2 am for me. On a weekday that's a no go. So I'll pass. Hope it works out though.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    Not to be negative, just critical, players who are going to sniff flowers in low level content are probably not reading the forums.
    I allergic to flowers, so no sniffing, but I like sight seeing... :-)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Now that's just mean... :-P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ssaparra View Post
    Hello there, fellow gentlefolk of Cannith! I've been pondering for quite some time of starting a regularly scheduled "newbie night" at least one evening a week. Days I had in mind would be Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday beginning at roughly 8:00 PM Central.

So what is this "newbie night" you say? More or less, this will be a public event hosted by me where folks who are either new to the game, returning players, or patient vets would be invited to hang out and crawl some dungeons. I'd like to target low to mid level content not including raids (at least for now). Dungeon difficulty would be determined by party make-up and party comfort level.

Please let me know if anyone would be interested in participating and/or which night of the week listed would most likely be best for our server population. I'm quite open to suggestion. Thanks in advance!
    I'm not a total newbie, I suppose, but I'm still close enough. I've been playing less than a year (and only recently more intensely). There are lots of quests and raids I haven't done, and of those I have done, many of them we've always zerged thru so fast that I've only the vaguest notion of what they were about... :-P

So I'd love a "newbie night" where we took dungeons at a more measured pace, with lots of communication between players about where we are going and what needs to be done next. I'm pretty sure my somewhat more experienced girl friend would be interested as well -- she's got a much better clue than me, but there are still lots of quests she's never done, and others where she's never soloed them or done them slowly enough to learn them well.

As for what night would be best, sadly we play almost every night these days... :-P

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    Very true. I am aware that a small percentage of the DDO community are involved in the forums. This thread was made to catch the attention of those who do visit. Also, I was hoping that those who have been on Cannith for a while may be able to give me some sort of indication as to which day would most likely be optimal based on their knowledge of the population.

Granted, I did plan to announce these gatherings here in the forums as well as create a LFG in-game on the designated event day to catch those who do not visit the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Theender View Post
    What truly be funny if you ended up with 6 patient vets hanging out together.

I'd like to help out, problem is I'm UK based and I think that's like 1 or 2 am for me. On a weekday that's a no go. So I'll pass. Hope it works out though.
    This will be a "test the waters" type of thing, so there is a good chance that I may expand on this to include folks from various locations around the world. Truthfully, my usual playtime tends to be more in accordance with folks across the pond and our Aussie players. If I end up getting a groupful of patient vets, I would welcome that as an opportunity to trade knowledge and perhaps even learn something new while having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JosieLisbeth View Post
    I'm not a total newbie, I suppose, but I'm still close enough. I've been playing less than a year (and only recently more intensely). There are lots of quests and raids I haven't done, and of those I have done, many of them we've always zerged thru so fast that I've only the vaguest notion of what they were about... :-P

So I'd love a "newbie night" where we took dungeons at a more measured pace, with lots of communication between players about where we are going and what needs to be done next. I'm pretty sure my somewhat more experienced girl friend would be interested as well -- she's got a much better clue than me, but there are still lots of quests she's never done, and others where she's never soloed them or done them slowly enough to learn them well.

As for what night would be best, sadly we play almost every night these days... :-P
    You and your girlfriend would be more than welcome to participate. I've heard similar commentary from other folks who did not have the opportunity to learn a quest due to being whisked through it at the speed of light. I will do my very best not to default to auto-pilot zerg mode as not to spoil our purpose. If I should default, just smack me upside the head a few times and I'll slow down immediately.
    Last edited by Ssaparra; 02-19-2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Never post before coffee. Stupid typos.

I like the initiative,

Maybe it is an idea to have a contact person in-game for those events so people can hook up with the group easier and also to still be in reach when your party fills or you disband for some reason.

Maybe I'll see ya in-game ^^

Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post
    I like the initiative,

Maybe it is an idea to have a contact person in-game for those events so people can hook up with the group easier and also to still be in reach when your party fills or you disband for some reason.

Maybe I'll see ya in-game ^^
    Thank you very much for your suggestion. Often simple things can be overlooked and it's good to have another pair of eyes to catch that.