Default Anyone do Titan Raid? Anyone want to?

On the current life on my Wizard, I've been doing every quest on elite. Mixes things up nicely, and generates massive favor.....

But... now I have a hole for 2 quests. I've never done the Titan raid, and unlike the handful of other "never dones" I have already done, or expect to do later this life, (Threnal, Sorrowdusk, attack on stormreach 2) I can't exactly random solo the preraid/raid to teach myself.

So... I was wondering if there are any groups that regularly do this that would let me bum a ride?

Or, alternatively, are there other folks that would like to give this a try? It'd be great if someone with know-how was willing to carry the star and do a learning run... Alternatively I'd be game to grab the star and go in with a bunch of other folks new to the raid and wipe a few times before we finally figure it out.

Ideally max level wouldn't be too high, for XP purposes, and just to maintain a reasonable feel. Were I to run it, probably something like 16 and under (I'm 14 now), unless using epic toons is the only way to generate enough interest.

So... if you have a run I can bum a ride in... or you'd be interested in some Forum arranged Pug to do this, post a reply here or send me a PM.
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

I wanted to do that raid for a long time but never saw any LFG's for it. And when I made one I only got like 3-4 ppl.
    I tried once to solo it with epic toon, but I got stuck as there's a part where you need multiple ppl pulling levers.

I am lvl 15 atm, would love to try it out if you get a group.

Hi,

I've never done it but would be interested, timezones and times permitting. I have a bunch of characters in the 12-16 range. None are flagged, but that can be fixed.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Community Member

We used to have weekly guild runs with the occasional "friend" allowed. We ran it again with a very short group (3 people and a bot) last week.

The next time we set up a run, I'll make sure that we set aside enough time to train some new people and open up the LFM to all.

Edit: Quick thought. If you have never done this raid before, the raid itself is something of a snore with lots of "must heal through" damage. The pre-raid on the other hand is a BEAST at level elite. I've done it exactly once and it's not something I'd suggest you attempt without a group of very twinked TRs.
    Last edited by Maelphistez; 02-19-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    Andrialla / Archellus / Corylone / Rorifeela / Rugare / Slappi / Sylvarian
    Knight of The Silver Legion (Forum name: Rugar)
    Cannith

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Not on Cannith, but I used to run it regularly on Thelanis and can offer some general tips (without spoilers).

The preraid requires the party to split up and solve various puzzles. One section takes place under water and requires at least 3 people. Another (the "Green Puzzle") can be done by one person with Dimension Door, or by several people if no one has DD; this puzzle can take a long time to complete and is tricky to figure out. There is another puzzle, near the end, that is made much easier if someone in the party has Abundant Step/Leap of Faith or the Air Savant power; you need to do this a few times, so the Cannith Boots won't be enough by themselves.

The raid itself is quite a bit shorter. When you enter, the whole party should stay together because an energy wall comes up at one point and can lock people out if they linger near the entrance. There is a "preparation" phase during the first part of the raid that requires ranged damage, weapons or certain spells work. Afterwards, there are only 3 or 4 roles to be played, and if you have a full party most of them will be left with nothing to do; I think this is one of several reasons that the raid never seemd very popular (at least since I've been playing). A key thing to note is that success with the raid requires controlling the boss' movements, so if you have extra people with nothing to do, make sure they don't attract attention.

Good luck getting this going, it's a pretty fun raid if you're one of the people with something to do. Don't be afraid to shortman it, the maximum you need for any puzzle in the preraid is 3.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

I've only completed this raid once in 3+ years of playing this game.

It's set up a lot like VoN/PoN - there is a massively long, puzzle heavy/trap heavy obnoxious pre-raid, followed by a really quick, easily failed final battle.

The issue, IMHO, is that not enough people know how to run it - and it takes several "experts" in order to do it successfully. There's simply a lack of knowledge on the server.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onetunge View Post
    I tried once to solo it with epic toon, but I got stuck as there's a part where you need multiple ppl pulling levers.
    It's a real shame they removed the ability to solo that raid. Artificial obstacles you can't build to bypass add nothing to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubethulu
    Dear Delt,

No reach around references.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercureal View Post
    Another (the "Green Puzzle") can be done by one person with Dimension Door, or by several people if no one has DD; this puzzle can take a long time to complete and is tricky to figure out.
    Funny thing is, it's even faster with a druid/arti pet: no ddoor is required, and it cuts down on the running immensely. If you can self-heal through the halls without taking a medal, you can also recall out and come back in to do green.

OP, if you don't mind spoilers, here is a ddoor walkthrough of green. The water puzzle (red) is described nicely on the wiki. The raid part, unfortunately, requires two people with 40 balance or you'll get knocked around all over the place when the titan hammerfalls; making it difficult to tip pillars and fire the gun.

It's too bad you're not on Thelanis; two groups run this weekly and once in a while I see someone post a run more or less at-level.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Thanks for the info all. I think I'll need to find some time to just try exploring the preraid before this happens to at least have a feel of what is going on.....

I'll be doing this some time either March 2nd or 3rd. I'm not sure if I'll be aiming at afternoon, or evening. So... there are 4 timeslots I may use (2pm or 8pm Central, either the 2nd or the 3rd). While I won't necessarily go with the timeslot where the most people are free (wife has veto), that is probably the plan.

Anyone who would be game for any of those timeslots let me know which timeslots work for you, and class/level. Feel free to let me know even if you are 25. I'd rather do it with lower lvl toons (less due to XP concerns, and more due to wanting to have the right feel rather than feeling indestructable), but we'll do whatever it takes. If we can get 6+ folks of a reasonable level, we'll try it. If I can't get enough at a reasonable level, we'll go with unreasonable levels. If we can't succeed the at level (ish) run, after as many tries as folks (including me) have time for, then I'll probably just reschedule a "all are welcome" version.

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

Default Win!

3 hours from entering subt back to market. Mostly first timers, I think 4 had been in the raid before. Dropped a battle coin and a 2->3 int upgrade tome.

TY all!

Thanks to those who came, it was a great run.

We started with 5 and opened an LFM. I was really surprised with not only how many people joined the LFM, but with how useful they'd be. All total, of the 12 of us I think only 1 guy really knew the thing, and about 3 others had run it once or thrice, basically all puggers.

I was perfectly willing to stumble through the entire thing, but in the interest of time, was also not even remotely worried about too many spoilers. It ended up a great mix of confusion and the necessary information provided when we really needed it.

Special thanks to Solteria for brute forcing us through the first part (although I think we figured out what we were doing wrong when he was nearly done ferrying people), and to Dozer for doing an awesome job giving everyone the low down on part 2, assigning roles and generally herding cats.

This was particularly notable for me, as these were the last two quests in the game I'd never done. And as much as I enjoyed it, it also became perfectly clear why these were the last two. Rather sadistic, and freakishly time consuming unless you have every little bit down pat. I will definitely run them again, but getting a 3 hour window to do so will drastically limit it.

There should be a term someone who's done ever quest.... Veteran is taken (and can apply long before someone has done all quests)... Completionist seems appropriate, but is also taken.... Thorough? OCD?