Cool "Newbie Night" on Cannith! (Wednesday, March 6th, 8:00 PM Central)

"Newbie Night" is scheduled for Wednesday, March 6th, at 8:00 PM Central and I'm thinking some runs through Crystal Cove may be in order.

"Newbie Night" is open to the public and a LFG will be made if needed. If you are a new player, returning player, or a patient vet then this learning group will be your cup of tea.

I'll pretty much be taking the first five who either reply to this thread or hit up the LFG. If in the event more than a group's worth is interested at a time, I will need to split my time as fairly as I can. This would mean running a few quests with the initial group then recreating a new group with those who have been waiting and so on. If for some reason I should have more folks waiting than I have time to invest, they will get priority spots for the following week's "Newbie Night" event.

Quest difficulty will be dependent on party composition and party comfort level. Loot rules will be "your loot is your loot," but passing needed loot to your fellow party members is very much encouraged. Zerging or griefing is not permitted and will not be tolerated. The purpose is for folks to learn the quests and how to work with each other in a group setting in a pressure-free environment while having fun.

If you are planning to attend or have commentary to offer, please indicate under this thread or you can send me a private message. Also, please feel free to look for me in-game in any of my guises if you should have any questions, suggestions, or interest.

Nuxava - Level 22 Elf Rogue (Assassin/Shadowdancer)
    Xyrhakah - Level 18 Elf Wizard (Pale Master)
    Nuxvymyka - Level 14 Drow Sorcerer (Air Savant)
    Jyssana - Level 11 Elf Favored Soul (Angel of Vengeance)
    Zyraxa - Level 11 Drow Cleric (Radiant Servant)
    Vyvana - Level 11 Drow Bard (Virtuoso)
    Eluvereth - Level 8 Drow Druid (Season's Herald)
    Nuxania - Level 6 Elf Ranger (Arcane Archer)
    Nuxaja - Level 4 Drow Sorcerer (permanently at Level 4 to assist new players or alts)
    The Blue Queen - Shadow Warriors - Cannith

www.twitch.tv/thebluequeen

Post hi :)

I've been playing this game for about six weeks, have made it to lv23 with a fighter. exploring epic destinies is quite confusing, but much fun. I'm interested in learning more with this group. I have a few toons, now, as i went VIP a week or so ago.

lv23ftr Mirilidien
    Lv9ftr Kantouch
    Lv8brb Headynug
    Lv4rog Headynugg
    Lv4dru Pokeherface
    Lv3wiz Berad

I have lv4 builds unlocked, and a few open char slots, so i can/will build a new toon, with your help, for this. I would like to learn more about monks and the spellcasters in general. I find them to be very confusing classes for someone that has only ran melee so far.

Thank you and I'll be on one of these toons at 8pm CT.
    Leader of Blood Rage on Cannith: Kantouch(Completionist, 3xColors, 3xDoubleshot, 3xFort, 3xD-strike, 3xSkill Mastery, 3xPOLaD, 3xBrace, 3xAbsorb, 3xEnchant 3xCrit), Mirilidien(6mon/6rng/8pal, 8th life), Uncledoj(20 FvS 3rd life)

Quote Originally Posted by FCofKhatovar View Post
    I've been playing this game for about six weeks, have made it to lv23 with a fighter. exploring epic destinies is quite confusing, but much fun. I'm interested in learning more with this group. I have a few toons, now, as i went VIP a week or so ago.

lv23ftr Mirilidien
    Lv9ftr Kantouch
    Lv8brb Headynug
    Lv4rog Headynugg
    Lv4dru Pokeherface
    Lv3wiz Berad

I have lv4 builds unlocked, and a few open char slots, so i can/will build a new toon, with your help, for this. I would like to learn more about monks and the spellcasters in general. I find them to be very confusing classes for someone that has only ran melee so far.

Thank you and I'll be on one of these toons at 8pm CT.
    Hello there! I've made a note of your character names and I will input them in my friends list as soon as I am able. You are more than welcome to join whatever party I happen to end up with this evening.

I don't know much about Monks as I have never played one. Perhaps someone here with a bit more knowledge may be able to answer your inquiries in that regard. Casters, on the other hand, are something I know a bit about as I have played quite a few of them. Feel free to send me a private message here or in-game with any questions. Also, I'd be willing to bet that our fellow forumites may be able to send some advice your way as well.

See you this evening!

Now for the extremely tardy highlights from the second scheduled "Newbie Night." My apologies for neglecting to post this sooner.

This was a fun-filled "Newbie Night" with a near static group in the Level 8-11 range. Since folks didn't want to seem to indulge in more Crystal Cove goodness, we opted to take on two quests back to back - Gwylan's Stand and The Pit.

I didn't outright ask anyone if they were new to the game, a returning player, or a patient vet (just if they knew the quests). However, one very nice member did volunteer the information that he was six-weeks into his experience with the game.

The group seemed to work well and folks got along rather nicely. Gwylan's was tackled and destroyed in a timely manner with no zerging. The majority of the time, folks knew what to do and how to reach our means. I was quite pleased.

Once we completed Gwylan's Stand, it was suggested we move along to The Pit. I instantly froze, blushed, and fully admitted to the party that despite being in The Pit numerous times, I always had a tendency to get lost. Luckily, two of the members piped up and said they mostly knew their way around. Off we went.

The Pit did take us some time to complete as some folks would get separated and/or lost from the party. Nonethless, I did enjoy this field trip with this group of folks. Despite the complications, I believe the only frustration expressed was by one person towards the end of the quest who just became exasperated with getting lost a goodly amount of the time. I deemed all the complications we encountered to be within normal parameters for this quest for a group made of newer folks, those not familiar with The Pit, and forgetful vets such as myself. We did end up completing and even killed the named ooze in the lava for a chance at a Muck's Doom. Sadly, one did not show up in the chest for anyone.

The hour became quite late and sleep was starting to overtake me, so I had to begrudgingly bid my party members farewell. As I began to depart, it appeared that some were discussing plans to keep questing together. This put a smile on my face and I mentally sent them a bit of luck on their future adventures.

Thank you to everyone who attended and I had a lot of fun!

Thumbs up very cool

My name is Kelly and I'm on Khyber. I've been playing for about four to five years now but only on these forums for the

past couple, and let me just say on behalf of any new players or vets who haven't yet,Thank you very much. Everyone

knows how frustrating but sometimes rewarding teaching can be but for you to set up times and different toon's to

accomodate all who may request and ask for your help. I have no idea if any kind of organized pug teaching
    sessions

are occurring but even if there is consider coming there and teaching some of our masses a thing or two about

patience and learning the quests instead of just zerging or sadly piking for the almighty bravery bonus. Definite plus

1 and i know that don't matter but if you do ever decide to jump to Khyber I would be more than willing to help in

any way I can. I know I definitely can learn a thing or two and i love to run the quest not rush the quest. My toon's

name is kellyssss and feel free to pm me in game anytime (when you come over lolol)

Quote Originally Posted by kelly171717 View Post
    My name is Kelly and I'm on Khyber. I've been playing for about four to five years now but only on these forums for the

past couple, and let me just say on behalf of any new players or vets who haven't yet,Thank you very much. Everyone

knows how frustrating but sometimes rewarding teaching can be but for you to set up times and different toon's to

accomodate all who may request and ask for your help. I have no idea if any kind of organized pug teaching
    sessions

are occurring but even if there is consider coming there and teaching some of our masses a thing or two about

patience and learning the quests instead of just zerging or sadly piking for the almighty bravery bonus. Definite plus

1 and i know that don't matter but if you do ever decide to jump to Khyber I would be more than willing to help in

any way I can. I know I definitely can learn a thing or two and i love to run the quest not rush the quest. My toon's

name is kellyssss and feel free to pm me in game anytime (when you come over lolol)
    Let me just preface by saying I was completely stunned when I read your commentary. Not stunned in a bad way, but in a very good way. I had to take a whole evening just to process.

Now on to the meat of the situation. I have given your request a lot of thought and I've come up with a plan. It is quite true that my schedule is rather tight between gaming and real life, but I do not see any reason why I couldn't set aside a Monday or Tuesday evening to hop over to Khyber to assist with getting this started. I am a firm advocate of helping out our fellow players and hopefully providing them with a positive DDO experience. Perhaps it would be fair to say I am very old school and wish to recreate the days when players freely would lend a hand to one another in order to reach a common goal - to enjoy the game as fully as possible.

Kelly, I will be sure to contact you once I am able to find my way to Khyber. Thank you very much for your kind words and thoughtful request.