Thread: Dam them Curses

Default Dam them Curses

First off Im a Cleric that will throw a remove cures on you if you don't have any pots/wands or if I see that you may not realize your cursed . This is not a Rant about curses ...But I would be Sooo nice if when you drank a curse pot you would be immune to another curse for 3-5 seconds, this way you can catch a heal in between curses .
    most of the time your cursed again before you even get your 1st pot down , this is not a issue on norm , but on hard & for sure Elite getting spammed cursed can really be annoying to the healer & fatal to the melee .

on another note ..break enchantment says if removes curses ? ..really

Description:
    This spell frees victims from harmful enchantments, transmutations, and curses. Break enchantment can reverse even an instantaneous effect. For each such effect, you make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level, maximum +15) against a DC of 11 + caster level of the effect. Success means that the creature is free of the spell, curse, or effect.

Just a bit of advice to throw out with this, I assume you are talking about the lolth fights, for those fights tossing on a plis prevents the curses and mitigates some other damage that may be flying around too. On my barb I've yet to have lolth actually land a curse from the plis being depleted. I will say that I'm thinking of getting a second one for tod though as horoth/sulu usually depletes one for me just towards the end of the fight if I'm tanking.

Yes I have a pale stone as well & it works great........But not everyone has the stone (newer players to the raid ) & dnt realize how fast the curses get tossed on you. If everyone had a pale stone all is well, but thats not the norm .

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I will say that I'm thinking of getting a second one for tod
    I would highly recommend against having two pale lavender ioun stones.

The upgraded ones are exclusive, so you cannot have two upgraded PLIS.

If you were to have two, one would be unupgraded, and you would burn through, and it would go bye-bye
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Just a bit of advice to throw out with this, I assume you are talking about the lolth fights, for those fights tossing on a plis prevents the curses and mitigates some other damage that may be flying around too. On my barb I've yet to have lolth actually land a curse from the plis being depleted. I will say that I'm thinking of getting a second one for tod though as horoth/sulu usually depletes one for me just towards the end of the fight if I'm tanking.
    It took me about a minute to realize what a "plis" is.... and I have one. For those of you who don't know- the poster is referring to a Pale Lavender Ioun Stone.

To the OP- yes, Break Enchantment does remove curses, and can be an effective way to clear several. I would offer this advice, though-- carry a few extra curse pots and ask in voice chat if anyone needs them for the Llolth/Suulo/whatever fight. Don't enable bad players.... anyone can use a curse pot. If they complain they can't use them while raged, tell them they can use guild curse pots while raged.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    It took me about a minute to realize what a "plis" is.... and I have one. For those of you who don't know- the poster is referring to a Pale Lavender Ioun Stone.

To the OP- yes, Break Enchantment does remove curses, and can be an effective way to clear several. I would offer this advice, though-- carry a few extra curse pots and ask in voice chat if anyone needs them for the Llolth/Suulo/whatever fight. Don't enable bad players.... anyone can use a curse pot. If they complain they can't use them while raged, tell them they can use guild curse pots while raged.
    Another thing that CAN be done, is to ask an artificer to use some remove curse flask grenades. Works as much.

Currently Enduring Life #12 out of 26

Community Member

I annoyingly seem to deplete my stone every time I run.
    Would break enchant scrolls work?
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

I d rather see on hit curses be nerfed same way as ours are. so it proc only on 20s unless its cast as spell or SLA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    As far as Gauthaag goes, don't let him get you riled up. This is what he does. Constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post

on another note ..break enchantment says if removes curses ? ..really
    If you are talking about Loth in CitW... Break enchantment works... and makes things goes faster as the melees don't need to stop to chain drink curse pots.

One swing, one curse pot, one swing, one curse pot... is not very efficient.

Break enchantment is also useful in LoB to dispel the dogs' pee.

IME, Plis works well on Loth... Horoth and Sullo spells deplete it faster and it is not enough for the whole battle.

Community Member

Jeweled Cloak.

It's got 30 less charges, but it's super easy to get IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by molyincide View Post
    Jeweled Cloak.

It's got 30 less charges, but it's super easy to get IMO.
    good point. If you are good at swapping, you could swap jeweled cloak, epic phiarlan, mantle. Then swap trinkets to PLIS. While this is annoying, it nets less downtime than quaffing pots at times.