Community Member

Default AM Wizard Gear Request - No Raid Items

Let me start off by saying this is a 1st life Archmage Wizard that has not and will not do any Raids. This character is for duoing with a friend only. This guy is VIP with the expansion.

Now that being said I am looking for some gear suggestions (non-raid items)...

First for a good main hand item (1 hand for use with a shield - situation specific for equipping elemental resists shields when needed)...

Also for some suggestions on some of the weaker items I am currently using... Trinket ... Rings... Helm

Hers is a link to my currently equipped set:

http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/argonnessen/catastrofy/

Thanks for your help guys...

Catas

well you have some good gear as is for not doing raids....

Anathema or however its spelled from wiz king is nice, +1 to evocation, +100 sps
    Seal of House Szind would be nice +2 insightful int, +68 potency, wizardry IX
    any 1 handed scepter - tons out there now that give void boost, spell pen, would be nice..

Ill come back when I think of some more stuff.

Belashyrras Cleanesed scepter - Evocation Focus one from actue delirium would be very nice,
    Last edited by smithj_2020; 02-18-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    I feel at home in the darkness, when its just me and my blades...when the hunter takes over!

Community Member

helm: PDK set
    goggles: random loot +8 int goggles
    necklace: WarWiz set
    trinket: tier1 Spyglass (for +1 exc int)
    armor: +3 int Spidersilk (can ask/pay someone to make a nonbound version into WarWiz set)
    cloak: Cloak of Night (this ml24?)
    belt: belt of heavy fort (not necessary if you're just doing EN/EH)
    bracers: WarWiz set
    gloves: PDK set
    ring1: crafted/random loot ring of greater false life (optionally with large/medium guild slot)
    ring2: crafted +2 secondary focus ring (optionally with large/medium guild slot)
    boots: Cannith boots of propulsion
    wpn: Staff of the necro / 120 spell power/superior lore element sticks

Other more expensive/grindier options:
    +8 int ring*
    Electric Haze (gfl+heavy fort belt)
    random loot +3 necro/enchant/evocation dcs+120 spell power to element 1-handed weapon
    Adamantine cloak of the Dragon (eveningstar challenge cloak)
    epic ring of elemental essence

*The +8 int ring will be MUCH less expensive come U17 due to more options for +8 intel.

EDIT:
    Can also get a random loot 20% heal amp bracers (w/ or w/out superior parrying) to swap to when you've used the WarWiz bracers' sp for a little extra effect from whatever's healing you(since you're a non-palemaster fleshy wiz).
    Last edited by HalfORCastrator; 02-18-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.