Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sketchy Adventurer aradelothion's Avatar

Default can't purchase TP

Tried via PayPal (which used to work), I keep getting this:

There was an error processing your request. Please try again.
    No other error code. Also tried paying via my credit card (which I use for my sub) and no luck there as well.
    Asmodeux | Carollous Magnus | Angeleus Dei | Solkanaar | Damodarius
    P I N O Y
    In my world, everyone's a pony, and we all eat rainbows and pewp butterfiles... of death.

Community Member

Yep, same thing here, the card I use for the sub wont let me buy TP. Paypal is verified yet it gets that same error "There was an error processing your request. Please try again.".

I thought there may be a problem on my CC details, so I went to update them. Wont let me update anything, despite the addresses and numbers being exactly the same. I use this card for about 5 other online games.

Cant change billing details, cant get paypal to work, cancelling sub didn't help to free up the credit card info page.

Seriously, do you guys even know what you are doing? Why are you seemingly trying to make it so hard FOR ME TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY.....
    Last edited by Asumah101; 02-18-2013 at 01:31 AM.
    Uzz - 20 Barbarian. And thats it... for now.

I just had the same problem earlier. I re-entered all the CC info on my account page and it was fixed after that.
    Distributed - Currently on life 80.

Community Member

It wont let me re enter my CC info, that is the main issue. How can re-entering the exact same info they just billed my sub on be incorrect??

I have tried paying in every conceivable way.

Sub cancelled, I guess you really don't want people to give you money.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 02-18-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: removed insults

Community Manager

When you are attempting to update your billing information, are you seeing a place in particular where there is an issue (say, a somewhat nonstandard address like one that has a fraction in it, that kind of thing?)
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

I'm getting the same thing, paypal (that was used for payment option) didn't charge and trying to add it throws

An error occurred during a connection to api.paypal.com.

SSL peer was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters.

(Error code: ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert)

2 different machines, 5 browsers, all fail.

Credit card that worked before no longer wants to either, can't even add it to the file, 'system was unable to update your billing information'

both paypal and said CC is working fine on other sites, something changed to break it here but i have no clue what

EDIT: Nevermind about paypal, it decided to work after yet another reboot, not sure what could've caused the issue but its working now
    Last edited by ushram; 02-18-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    Ainur Wer'lak Thelanis

Community Member

I'm currently getting the same error when trying to buy TP with paypal as well, I will try a reboot and update this post if that changes anything.

Edit: Tried rebooting DDO, no change, still throwing the error. Tried rebooting my PC, no change still throwing the error. I attempted to call teh 1-855 WB phone number, realized it's lunch time, after 10 minutes or so on hold figured it's time for them to eat, and me too, will try calling again later.

Also, buying points worked fine just prior to the last maintenance for me (using paypal). The store is loading ridiculously slow, but it also did that prior to the maintenance as well when I could buy points.
    Last edited by fink2008; 02-18-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Community Member

same here. after maintance i try to get som TP by paypal. I updated the paypal informations vis myaccount. turbine. when i want to by some TP i log in paypal everything is okay then it switch back to ddo ingame store and you ca hit the butom purchase oder. after some sec it says "sorry could not succsesfully procced transaction"
    in paypal there is shown a canceled transaction? so what is wrong?

Sketchy Adventurer aradelothion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    When you are attempting to update your billing information, are you seeing a place in particular where there is an issue (say, a somewhat nonstandard address like one that has a fraction in it, that kind of thing?)
    None of this is happening to me, updated my details just fine, but still unable to buy points. Also as someone mentioned, the store is agonizingly slow; it was slow before, but this is a whole new level of slow =/
    Asmodeux | Carollous Magnus | Angeleus Dei | Solkanaar | Damodarius
    P I N O Y
    In my world, everyone's a pony, and we all eat rainbows and pewp butterfiles... of death.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes I live in an apartment, so it is 2108/3 My Street.

What I do not understand is, my account upgraded to VIP instantly with the same visa I have been using for this game.
    I get in to game, can't buy TP, go to check my billing info, see that your system has mangled my info, as in removed the slash on my unit address, set the wrong state, says I live in Western Australia instead of in Queensland.

When I go to fix these errors, I get the error about not being able to update my info. Out of curiosity, my mother put her Mastercard on my account, that information is able to be edited freely, but still no dice on buying TP in the shop.

When I try to change from the mastercard back to my visa, I get the "cant update your billing info" message again.

I am guessing in your...admirable.... haste to get the billing and account system up again, more errors have occured, your system does not seem to like my visa, despite using it forever on this game....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Asumah101 View Post
    Yes I live in an apartment, so it is 2108/3 My Street.

What I do not understand is, my account upgraded to VIP instantly with the same visa I have been using for this game.
    I get in to game, can't buy TP, go to check my billing info, see that your system has mangled my info, as in removed the slash on my unit address, set the wrong state, says I live in Western Australia instead of in Queensland.

When I go to fix these errors, I get the error about not being able to update my info. Out of curiosity, my mother put her Mastercard on my account, that information is able to be edited freely, but still no dice on buying TP in the shop.

When I try to change from the mastercard back to my visa, I get the "cant update your billing info" message again.

I am guessing in your...admirable.... haste to get the billing and account system up again, more errors have occured, your system does not seem to like my visa, despite using it forever on this game....
    I have identical issues, ticket submitted 2 days ago with no response.

Additionally, there was another post for us Australians about the post code, and to put a ZERO at the end as the billing system has issues with 4 digit post codes, some people have had success with this, but it didnt' make any difference for me.
    Last edited by silvren999; 02-19-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by aradelothion View Post
    Tried via PayPal (which used to work), I keep getting this:

No other error code. Also tried paying via my credit card (which I use for my sub) and no luck there as well.
    This. Hey, i want to give money. Please take them.

Hero

I decided to check into My Account and noticed my credit card number hasn't been updated in awhile. When I update the information, it won't accept the information unless my street address is in the first and second line for the address. Otherwise I get an error that they couldn't update my billing address. Just to note when I opened the page my street address is already duplicated in both lines.

If I leave it as is and update just my credit card information I don't get an error. However, when I checked on my credit card number, it was still my old one.

You could try the ddo market and then use the points code in myaccount@turbine.

I tried everything else it seems, but this way actually worked.
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    You could try the ddo market and then use the points code in myaccount@turbine.

I tried everything else it seems, but this way actually worked.
    I tried this, but the code doesn't work for me at myaccount.turbine
    Last edited by silvren999; 02-19-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Did you copy-paste the code? That didn't work for me either. I had to type the code in manually (don't worry about the auto hyphenation, it's supposed to be there)
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

Community Member

I've tried just about every possible way of inputting the code, but you mentioned auto-hyphenation... I didn't get any hyphens and I'm starting to suspect there might be something related to browser settings that might be causing an issue.

Edit

Vox, you're a star, I put the hyphens in manually and it worked!!
    Last edited by silvren999; 02-19-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Community Member

anyone know when this will be fixed? I have tried my credit card and paypal and no joy on purchasing points. I wanted plus four tomes so I hope that they will be available in the store when this issue is fixed.

Gemmy

Community Member

You can still buy on the DDO Market Gemmy, just have to input the code manually to myaccount.turbine.com when you buy them you are required to enter the CC / paypal details directly, not from your account, so it does go through fine.

This is WAI - part of the billing system outage converted the old antiquated way to conduct web transactions to now require using The Force.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast