What makes you smile when playing DDO? Make a list or tell a story... or both!
What makes you smile when playing DDO? Make a list or tell a story... or both!
To start off with some examples at the top of my head:
Receiving Ham from Chaos Orbs
Assassinating Rust Monsters with Muckbane/Muck's Doom
Main Healing on a Pure Barbarian via UMD
Watching a Hezrou Dance
Watching an Earth Elemental Dance
Finger of Death on Everything
Watching a Pure Rogue Blow Up a Trap when I on my Splash Rogue in the same party would have succeeded
Watching a Completionist Splash Rogue Blow Up a Trap after not allowing me as a Pure Rogue a chance
Watching an experienced multi-life zerger die to traps
Watching the same zerger die to the same trap because they couldn't wait for it to be disarmed
Watching the same zerger die to the same trap on a lower difficulty because they thought it'd be easier
Telling someone to accept my raise on the other side of the trap only to have them accept dead center of the trap and die instantly - Sometimes multiple times in a row
Last edited by Dracey; 02-15-2013 at 09:57 PM.
When a guildmate dies on DQ raid and i try secretly during battle to throw him off ledge before shrines pop,
But apparently he saw me sneak over to ledge ,
while i'm frantically looking for his stone in inventory ,
rest of guild party doesn't know this and kills her before i find in inventory !
he rez's as we finished fast!! ****!
then he tells on me!
and we all laugh ! good times !
and all future Guild DQ. runs will never be the same!
1. When some deep sociopaths wonder why I decline them.
2. When someone forgets that Turbine now trims the message from the beginning when it is too long so it removes the "/tell". Because this is such an intuitive design.
3. When some deep sociopaths cry about someone's death because they have not yet realized it's only 10% of the BASE xp. I could not care less when somebody dies in my party so please learn math, put your inflated ego syndrom away or perhaps try soloing if you are unable to interact with other humans. Yes, such ignorance usually makes me smile.
4. When somebody insults me after I just killed him in the brawling area.
5. When somebody brags about his uberness as an.... arcane caster...
6. When an artificer doesn't pass weapon buffs on purpose so he has more chance to lead kill count.
7. When a bad divine caster refuses to heal because he is not built for it so he desperatly try to find a way to contribute to the group.
8. When people decline my request assuming I cannot understand them talk in micro because my guild name is french. Clearly they never heard of bilingualism and yes again, such ignorance makes me smile.
Server : Sarlona
Guild : Exterminateurs Du CaLys
Players : Xoska, Thxforgroup, Elibazeth, Orangine, Cutebutt
When I hear an actual female voice on voicechat from a female toon. (So I'm sexist but I still like hearing the ladies play. )
Actually pulling the scroll/shard/item I need.
Finding a good group of people to run multiple quests with who talk and just enjoy the game and camaraderie.
... a soldier,
Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation,
Even in the dragon's mouth.
Top 10 things I love in DDO:
10. Drama. Loot drama, potion drama, poorly worded drama, you name it I like it
9. The sound a group of Devils makes when I cleave them all to death at the same time.
8. Seeing the XP report which signals Running with the Devils is over
7. odd builds
6. Flower sniffing
5. Asking Flower for a heal after said sniffing, and maybe a date
4. Realizing up close Flower is Fernando
3. Asking anyway
2. Jumping off of a ledge Ninja Gaiden style and with all 5 rages going at once and.... completely missing all of the bad guys. Then seeing the caster hit them with lightning bolt and kill them all, proving I am not needed in any quest.
1. Not messing my pants when I fall off the beaten path in Amrath anymore like I have been for 7 lives. Those guys hit hard!
Running with my guild
Drinking with my guild
Trying not to be killed for loot by my guild
Sexually harrassing hot puggers who join our raid night and have sexy accents lol Kreeg can verify this.
Having people who understand that I am completely insane but still wanting to run with me in guild and out of guild I <3 you Sarlona!
Logging in the second time.
Watching Arti pets die
"Know quest, need guide." I really should've taken a screenshot of that. It's akin to "BYOH, need healer"
"drink triple ... see double ... act single! uh oh wife aggro" *hides*
One of my favorites i had tweaked out my mains hp was like level 14 had it truly min maxed and went to do wiz king. The group i was running with was all gulides and i was all like i am going to go solo a tower. This was a fvs life. I forgot to cast death ward. I forgot to put on my death block item. I made it to the first gate kepper. Ding. It was hilarious they still mock me for this to this day.
-- ego fights in general/advice chats
-- ego fights in raids/quests
-- ego fights in channels
-- the occassional funny guy/gal that jokes all the time on voice chat with funny accents
-- the occassional creepy guy that tries to hit on me with odd tells (haven't seen any woman do that! that day will be legendary XD)
-- the occassional annoying guy/gal who can't stop talking about his/her uberness (usually leads to ego fights so it's even better!)
-- the occassional bossy divine
regarding the game:
-- devils!!! so cute when they are knocked down ^_^
-- reavers and earth ellies dancing, i'd just die to hug them!!!!!!!!!
-- bugs. tons of fun here
-- dying from stupidity, specially when i forgot to cast death pact
-- seeing a friend die from stupididty XD
-When we run dq2 with the guild and before we start the fight 4-6 ppl jump off ledge yelling "skyyyy" on pchat and/or voice.
-When i see ppl blown off in citw from legs and i type "ded" and after few secs several deaths appear on pchat
-When some1 walks off a ledge and dies and dont say how they died but some1 else saw them and says
1:"xxx walked of ledge"
5:"im proud of u"
-When i steal aggro of dq on EE and lob with my WF sorc and get raped in secs
-When you see some1 in a pug eh dq2 being alone in center (while other are stacked) and get dq aggro as she pops and tryin to run aweh hoping to live but getting raped gradually and 11ppl just stand and watch (<-true story)
-When you see a human sorc get aggro in a pug eh dq2 being alone aweh from stacked grp and dq starts walking towards him with the sorc getting paniced and jumping off to survive but die in the air (<-true story same DQ with the top guy ) oh and the remaining 10ppl just stand and burst to laughs now
-When some1 dies in von5 lava :P
Gorlacon 6th life BF Assassin ~ Gyristroula 6th life Human Disciple of Light ~ Reepz 5th life PDK Kensei ~ Gorlaxz 5th life BF Pala
Being in a party with a bossy person, who clearly outlines the strategy over 5 mins for the next encounter only to have someone run off and do the exact opposite and die. This is usually Dangered.
Being in a party with a bossy person, who clearly outlines the strategy over 5 mins for the next encounter only to have the entire group run off and ignore the strategy, complete and win ddo while the bossy person is still raging. This group is usually Endgame.
Being in a group with an ego player, who doesn't tell anyone the strategy of how the next encounter should go according to them, only to have 5 other people run off and do something completely different. Then the ego player rages out. The "Kehgeld Complex".
That person who joins, asks for a ship invite, gets every buff on the ship, asks for a share when you are 3/4ths done, then finally finds the quest just as you kill the boss and complete the quest.
-Reading another players bio and reading their blacklist. I love reading those, the only thing better? seeing a friend or guildies name on that list.
Main toon Gromphia I have others but that is really the only one I play
so many things make me smile on ddo...
fail on casting teleport...what a view!
getting knocked over edge of cliff or such by knock back after being tripped...its quite a ride!
watching toons get tossed around by air elements or djinns...first time i encountered this i nearly p'd!
anytime when an unpleasant toon dies...karma?
but most of all...leveling up!!! when the gem of xp came out i started toons on all servers since i have the lvl 7 vet unlocked and ran them to lvl 8 just to get stone so i could lvl them all to lvl 15 and save lvl 16! so fun!
Its even better when you are a completionist wizard and you fail this three times in a row...fail on casting teleport...what a view!
UMD ? 95% chance to succeed on a scroll ? Fail 9 times out of 10.
Someone asking your advice, only to rage at you after you give it !
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload