Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70
  1. #1
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default The best thing about having a job and a family...

    I used to think it was all the money I made, and the love I received....

    But now I know it's the fact that I avoided all the withdrawal symptoms that apparently afflicts most of the people on this forum...

    So far I've missed about 90 minutes of DDO playtime due to this outage... Bit sad about tonight, but Netflix just delivered Bourne Legacy, so I guess I'll make some popcorn and cuddle up with the wife to watch that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    This is why in U18 there will be mail-order Russian brides in the DDO store.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

  3. #3
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    This is why in U18 there will be mail-order Russian brides in the DDO store.
    will they be able to farm ddo for you while your at work?

  4. #4
    The Hatchery kierg10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto ON
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    My good sir, I do believe you are making fun of people for having no lives, whilst you have 14000 posts on an internet forum.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    will they be able to farm ddo for you while your at work?
    That's a win/win.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

  6. #6
    Community Member Purgatory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Water Works
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    Thanks for rubing it in our nosses
    all of us that have no job or family to speak of

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I used to think it was all the money I made, and the love I received....

    But now I know it's the fact that I avoided all the withdrawal symptoms that apparently afflicts most of the people on this forum...

    So far I've missed about 90 minutes of DDO playtime due to this outage... Bit sad about tonight, but Netflix just delivered Bourne Legacy, so I guess I'll make some popcorn and cuddle up with the wife to watch that...

    Balance is good
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  8. #8
    Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Hafeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    at a keyboard
    Posts
    5,603

    Default

    What!? DDO is down? Hold on ... lemme check.

    Yup. Huh, I'll be ... guess I'll just have to keep watching Ted.
    Last edited by Hafeal; 02-15-2013 at 07:55 PM.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

  9. #9
    Community Member Mudcnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary , canada
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    My good sir, I do believe you are making fun of people for having no lives, whilst you have 14000 posts on an internet forum.
    ^ This

    And the fact he took to time to make a thread ...
    Personally I'm annoyed I finally have a toon @ the right lvl range to group with my gf , that I left in the dust 2 lives ago.
    And she wants to play.

  10. #10
    Community Member xveganrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    My good sir, I do believe you are making fun of people for having no lives, whilst you have 14000 posts on an internet forum.
    Hahahaha nice

  11. #11
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Braegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Xoriat
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    My good sir, I do believe you are making fun of people for having no lives, whilst you have 14000 posts on an internet forum.
    You my good sir have recieved + rep from me for saying it nicely!
    Git off mah lawn!

    If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Braegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Xoriat
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Some people can post while at said job...
    Oh what consitutes as work these days!
    Git off mah lawn!

    If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

  14. #14
    Community Member Purgatory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Water Works
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Some people can post while at said job...
    While standing on a


  15. #15
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    My good sir, I do believe you are making fun of people for having no lives, whilst you have 14000 posts on an internet forum.
    LOL... Touche!!

    Although I have been here for nearly 7 years, so that's about 2000 days... so only 7 posts a day (and most of those during my <cough> "lunch hour")
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  16. #16
    Hero DanteEnFuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Last House on the Left
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    This is why in U18 there will be mail-order Russian brides in the DDO store.
    FREE for VIP! Goes well with the in-game pizza delivery ordering...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

  17. #17
    Community Member leadhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Wait until your family grows up and plays DDO!
    I STILL hate people who like to manage my blue bar. eat it you micromanage control freaks. stop tellin me what to cast and when.

  18. #18
    Community Member Kalari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    My own pocket plane of dreams...
    Posts
    8,246

    Default

    Ah Thrudh back to look down on the ddo peasants.

    I have a job to and a wonderful kid, make a decent salary if I do say so myself but I do like my hobby to destress and get away from gas prices, political rantings from family and friends and since I cant throw away the things I do thankfully have to run around in the wilderness as an elven ranger rogue I like having a place I can do so for a few hours here and there.

    But heres that pat on the back your post seems to be wanting *pats* way to go sport
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

  19. #19
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalari View Post
    Ah Thrudh back to look down on the ddo peasants.

    I have a job to and a wonderful kid, make a decent salary if I do say so myself but I do like my hobby to destress and get away from gas prices, political rantings from family and friends and since I cant throw away the things I do thankfully have to run around in the wilderness as an elven ranger rogue I like having a place I can do so for a few hours here and there.
    Sure, that's me too...

    But are you panicing and going crazy because you can't play DDO tonight?

    Anyone who is, needs to take a good look at themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  20. #20
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Braegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Xoriat
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Why are you still posting? What about that movie and such with loved ones?
    Git off mah lawn!

    If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload