Question Crafting a undead bane wep

Does it matter what kind of undead soul gem I use for crafting a shard of Undead Bane?

Yes. Recipe tells you which kind is needed.
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Now see, if I wasn't trying to post while giving the kids a bath, I could've done that...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

suggestion is a ghost touch flametouched iron [bludgeon] of Undead Bane for low level

level 13 or so - go holy flametouched iron [bludgeon] of Greater Undead Bane

and yes must be Soul Gem: Undead - not another for the undead bane.

Now for Greater Undead Bane -
    *5 Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments
    *20 Undead Slaying Arrow
    *1 Soul Gem: Strong Undead

the undead slaying arrows (not greater undead slaying and not bane arrows) will be the hardest (usually) to find.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    level 13 or so - go Green Steel Triple Positive
    ftfy

Nothing in the game comes ever close to a triple positive when it is down to undead beating. Except by the doomsphere in Necro 4, every undead in game is evil, and Holy/Good Burst/Greater Disruption is a ton of damage against them, with added instakill every vorpal.

If you can't save the mats for a GS weapon, start searching for a disruption random weapon. 4d6 damage from a plain disruption weapon is equivalent to a holy of undead bane, plus the eventual instakill. Anything else added to the disruption suffix is just a nice bonus (holy, shock, flaming, ghost touch, etc).
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.