Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Opinion is not Fact

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragonScale View Post
    Uska's right and you're wrong from the Eberron point of view. Deal with it.
    Despite popular misconceptions that "opinion is fact" - opinion is NOT fact. Core is defined by DnD by the core books (PHB, DMG, MM). There is no Eberron point of view on that. It is part of the Eberron source books and importance in the those books does not make it core. Simple fact - ya'll are wrong on it. It is NOT core - you can call it important, you cannot call it core.

Repeating your rant over and over just doesn't make it fact.
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Yehediah View Post
    Despite popular misconceptions that "opinion is fact" - opinion is NOT fact. Core is defined by DnD by the core books (PHB, DMG, MM). There is no Eberron point of view on that. It is part of the Eberron source books and importance in the those books does not make it core. Simple fact - ya'll are wrong on it. It is NOT core - you can call it important, you cannot call it core.

That's just debating semantics. The Eberron campaign sourcebook is completely relevent in an Eberron campaign, which we do have. Calling it core or not doesn't matter when we are clearly playing primarily in an Eberron based campaign.

We play in Eberron, and that is a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Thumbs down

Your wrong we started eberron and in order to do that you have to use the eberron book which makes it core your repeated denial of that isn't going to change that fact and that is the last thing I am saying to you about it and besides we have thrown this thread off the rails long enough since this thread was suppose to be about wisdom races and not a flavor race that adds nothing that other races we already have don't do a better and more interesting job of!

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Default Wrong again...

Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
    That's just debating semantics. The Eberron campaign sourcebook is completely relevent in an Eberron campaign, which we do have. Calling it core or not doesn't matter when we are clearly playing primarily in an Eberron based campaign.
    It's not semantics - in DnD "core" has a very specific meaning.

I never said these other races were not "important" in Eberron - ergo, you are not reading well and making up stuff as you go. I said they are not CORE. I specifically did say you could argue they are important to the Eberron world. Again, the whole point was they are NOT core. Gnomes ARE core in 3.5, which is what DDO is based on.

And, btw, Gnomes are important in Eberron as well. So, they are CORE and important in the Eberron world, giving them the edge over the other important races in Eberron.
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Default Glad you are no longer talking to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Your wrong we started eberron and in order to do that you have to use the eberron book which makes it core your repeated denial of that isn't going to change that fact and that is the last thing I am saying to you about it and besides we have thrown this thread off the rails long enough since this thread was suppose to be about wisdom races and not a flavor race that adds nothing that other races we already have don't do a better and more interesting job of!
    I'm glad you are no longer talking to me as you really have a hard time understanding the language of DnD!

And, I've continually brought the discussion back to the thread - Gnomes need to be in the game because they ARE core and they are the only core race missing (and the core classes are now also all in the game after Druids were added) and core races need to be in before adding other races!

And, "gnomes are a flavor race that adds nothing that other races" do - again, that's opinion, not fact. And, frankly they do add a lot and your opinion is rather misguided and inaccurate. AND, by the way, they are specifically discussed in all the important Eberron books that you find those other races listed in. That's in addition to also being in the CORE books.

So, if you want other races, I'm fine with that AFTER gnomes are added as they should have been in the game long ago.
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Community Member RedDragonScale's Avatar

And, I've continually brought the discussion back to the thread - Gnomes need to be in the game because they ARE core and they are the only core race missing (and the core classes are now also all in the game after Druids were added) and core races need to be in before adding other races!
    Nope, wrong again. This thread was not about core races.

Default Try rereading...

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragonScale View Post
    Nope, wrong again. This thread was not about core races.
    Try re-reading. The thread is about bringing in a wisdom based race and therefore my comment is completely relevant to the thread: "core races need to be in before adding other races!"
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Community Member RedDragonScale's Avatar

Try re-reading. The thread is about bringing in a wisdom based race and therefore my comment is completely relevant to the thread: "core races need to be in before adding other races!"
    The color of the sky in your world must be REALLY interesting.

Default let me settle the gnome arguement once and for all...

O.K. firstly, you guys should just start a gnome thread... this thread is about a wisdom based race, which makes sense seeing as how we have better options for for all classes outside of cleric (and don't get me started on the CHA bit, just play a friggin pally already).

All of you are wrong about your argument on Gnomes, core or not this is DDO.
    It has been a long stated fact that DDO functions differently than DnD, not only due to concerns of gameplay, balance, and development but also due to the fact that historically, this game does not fit into strictly 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or PF rules as it stands. The ONLY thing that the game even comes close to following is the Eberron books.

With that being said, I really think Changelings and Shifters should be on a list of priorities for the devs but back to the point.
    How about some watered-down Githers?
    Last edited by shenthing; 03-05-2013 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtchizobr View Post
    you are not "the" sp.
    I AM the SP, the OP, and the OG.

@ Yehediah. Yes you did had 1 reply that indeed mattered in this thread it was an opinion and like opinions go not all agree( after that I didn't see the value in the whinig around it)

coming back to topic:
    Kalashtar
    aasimar
    an one I suddenly thought of a Sharmind (can choose between +2 wis or +2 char) and because they are also a living contruct would stand nice next to the warforged. (but actually version 4)

and if didn't needed to be Eborron related then yes the Pterran and Thri-Kreen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123