Question Whats a decent level of crafting?

Was wondering what is a good level for crafting? Currently Im at 46 across them all but would like to get it to a level where I could craft almost anything.

Around late 80's- mid 90's you should be good to craft almost everything aside from flexible shards.
    Last edited by badbob117; 02-15-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling fail
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Previous post has it right. Only thing to add (not required, and not specifically level related) is farming enough House C favor to unlock their vendor. Then you can make the -2 level shards. (Masterful Craftsmanship iirc)
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget2775 View Post
    Previous post has it right. Only thing to add (not required, and not specifically level related) is farming enough House C favor to unlock their vendor. Then you can make the -2 level shards. (Masterful Craftsmanship iirc)
    Oh yeah i forgot this favor guy. He also sells cheap crafting xp elixers and those increased success % ones if i'm not mistaken. Not a huge increase but every lil bit helps i guess in the grind called cannith crafting. Good catch!
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Note this does note need to be done by your crafting toon as they are bound to account. I used a toon that had favor already in house c and just finished it off, bought a bunch of them and put them in my shared bank for my crafter.

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Community Member

Also House C success boosters and elixers.

This is however very conviently leaving out what an enormouse pain in the @$$! getting the House C favor is unless you have a level 25 character and some guildies to help you out.

For me, the process involved running all three of the Master Artificer/Lord of Blades flagging quests all the way up to elite(these are level 21 quests and hard at level). Eventually I had to pay two level 25s and buy 2 gold seal hirelings to accomplish it. During the course of this adventure, I broke all of my gear multiple times and spent over 100kpp on nothing but repair costs.

The cheap marks of House Cannith are the only reason to do it. DDO store boosters and elixers are much better and extremly reasonably priced. And you have to be so high level to get the House C favor that its basically only useful for True Riencarnation and twink gear for your alts.

This is part of the whole "put something useful in the game but not give it to you until its no longer useful" approach to game design.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    This is however very conviently leaving out what an enormouse pain in the @$$! getting the House C favor is unless you have a level 25 character and some guildies to help you out.
    Actually, you can get 50 House C favor very early in the game, around level 12-15 or so. There are 12 non-epic challenges, and you need 50 stars. It is 4-starring 10 of them, and 5-starring the other 2. Or less, if you are good enough to 6-star the ones that cap at 15 (and they are the easiest ones to 6-stars).

Easy? Not at all. But you can start training around level 12 or so, since the only thing that changes with challenge levels are the mobs CR. Also, if you are content with 5 stars, you can always do them at the lowest level possible to speed things up.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

it depends on if u can trade between toons...if u have shared bank u can swap bound shards with other toons, if not u have to use unbound shards which require higher crafting level...im at lvl 90 now and can craft unbound shards for up to lvl 10 toons fine but not beyond. the bound shards r fine for up to lvl 15 or so...it takes tons of essences to advance lvls so offer up your services for "free" just requiring others to donate necessary essences n such