Default Evoker gear to grind?

Here's my Evoker/raid-healer cleric's gear right now:

Trinket: Holy Symbol of Lolth (+15 universal spell power, +102 [Nullification, Impulse, Radiance] spell powers, Exceptional Charisma +1, Exceptional Wisdom +1)
    Head: Lootgen Cowl (+108 Devotion, +15 Listen)
    Cloak: Epic Cloak of Night lvl 24 (invis guard, ghostly, deathblock, nightmare guard, dr10/good, dodge 3%) // swap: Greensteel Cloak Triple Air (+150 sp Wizardry VI, +150 stacking sp, +6 Charisma skills, Haste 3x/rest, Air Guard)
    Gloves: Fabricator's Gauntlets (+6 Strength, Resistance +5, Melee Alacrity 10%, set bonus)
    Bracers: Fabricator's Bracers (Cannith Combat Infusion, Incite +20%, Balance +10, Enhanced Balance +5, set bonus)
    Boots: Cannith Boots of Propulsion
    Neck: Symbol of the Shining Sun (Wisdom +7, Insightful Charisma +2, Concentration +15, set bonus) // swap: Nyoko's Necklace (+6 Constitution, Invisibility 3x/rest)
    Ring 1: Rakhir's Ring (+6 Intelligence, +1 Exceptional Intelligence, Archmage set bonus, exceptional potential: Healing Amp +20%)
    Ring 2: Signet of the Shining Sun (Charisma +7, Insightful Wisdom +2, Superior Healing Lore 12%, set bonus)
    Belt: Rakhir's Sash (Greater Efficacy 3x/rest, Archmagi, Archmage set bonus) // swap: Morah's Belt (+6 Constitution, +15 Tumble, Jump +30 3x/rest)
    Goggles: Greensteel Concordant Opposition Goggles (+45 HP, +6 Wisdom, +4 Exceptional Con Skills, +2 Exceptional Strength Skills, +10 Haggle, +10 Diplomacy)
    Armor: Terrorweb Chitin Breastplate (+6 enhancement, Constitution +8, Superior Nimbleness, Toughness, Resistance +6, Inherent Elemental Resistance 5, Cleric set bonus)
    Weapon: +5 Mineral 2 Greensteel Scimitar (Holy / Acid + Stoneskin / Acid Burst) // lootgen swap: +4 Risia Icy Burst + Flaming Burst Scimitar of Divine Light
    Shield: Lorrik's Shield (Panacea 2x/rest, +5 enhancement bonus, incomplete set)
    Spell Stick: Twilight (+7, Spellcasting Implement +21, Potency +80, Impulse +120, Major Evocation Focus, Major Enchantment Focus, Arcane Augmentation IX, Greater Arcane Lore, no conflux bonus)

No Torc...I know I want one, I just haven't lucked into it.

I did land a Twilight with a surprisingly cr@ppy roll (everyone else just rolled worse). Still farming the third chain for the +3 insightful wisdom Erudition conflux (or hoping for a trade).

I have one set of shield parts for the Necro 4 shields. I haven't turned it in yet because the post u17 versions will have augment slots. I'll be taking Fanion so it's useful on future Arcane lives as well.

So other than the torc and +3 insightful wisdom trinket I'm not sure what gear I should be grinding for an evoker who raid heals and does a lil' melee. Is the eClaw set at all relevant anymore? Are the new epic Gloves of Immortality going to be 'worth it' for raid healers? What about head gear? A belt and ring that's 'better' than my Rahkir set? Other than Twilight, what is out there for (divine) evokers/raid healers considering arcane lives in the near term? Any Crystal Cove items that might be must-haves (there hasn't been an event since I started playing)?

Something I've been theorycrafting into gear builds is the Balizarde. Come U17, you'll have the ability to put a red slot into it.

When fully upgraded, it does wonders both offensively and defensively:

1) It hits like crazy mad ZOMG whoopass. Even with no feat support, it's going to outperform both of your listed hitty weapons.
    2) With the red slot, you can put in +114 for Devotion, Radiance, or Impulse, and this also turns it into a +24 Implement weapon.
    3) Good Luck +2, Superior Parrying, and Dodge +4 is a big survivability boost.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Something I've been theorycrafting into gear builds is the Balizarde. Come U17, you'll have the ability to put a red slot into it.

1) It hits like crazy mad ZOMG whoopass. Even with no feat support, it's going to outperform both of your listed hitty weapons.
    2) With the red slot, you can put in +114 for Devotion, Radiance, or Impulse, and this also turns it into a +24 Implement weapon.
    With a red slot, will I be able to swap in DR breakers (adamantine, silver, byshek, etc?). That's the whole reason for the Min2 scimmy. DR breaking with a decent crit range/multiplier. That, and I'm too lazy to farm an eAGA for her (trying to farm them for other toons).

So, look for ways to slot in Good Luck +2, Superior Parrying, and Dodge +4?

Sounds like that covers my "lil' bit of melee" hopes, but still not sure what I should be farming for evoker goodness....

Be good aligned, and in Exalted Angel, you'll get /Good DR breaking with all weapons. For the other stuff, you won't really want to be meleeing it at all, so breaking DR isn't a serious consideration.

You wouldn't want to just swap in max level spellpower augments at will. The top end ones take heroic commendations, so those will tend to be rather permanent.

In theory, you could keep a set of silver/cold iron/whatever augments to swap at need, since those lower level ones have reasonable costs to them, but the top end stuff gets expensive.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

With the servers down, it's as good a time as any to try and figure my endgame cleric gear. He'll essentially be an evoker cleric who does a small amount of melee with forgotton light. Gotta love wisdom mod for to-hit and damage.

This isn't the uberest set; this is what I'll actively be grinding for. As such, litany is right out. heh. Flawless Blue Dragonscale upgraded with Major Arcane Lore will be the ultimate goal, but until then the restored elfcraft is a solid placeholder.

The plan is to farm most of the epic gear on eHard and then upgrade to eElite versions slowly over time. Getting the eHard versions will put me in "good enough" territory for what I want out of the alt, and I should be able to solo-farm or pug most of it thanks to eHard being so much easier than eElite. As such, the augments listed are for the epic hard versions.

Head: Helm of the Blue Dragon w/+3 insightful wisdom (green + colorless)
    Eyes: Intricate Field Optics w/+8 wisdom (green + colorless)
    Neck: Torc of Prince Raiyum-de II (non-epic)
    Back: Ghost-Waking Cloak
    Wrist: Greensteel (smoke)
    Hand: Purple Dragon Knight Gloves
    Waist: Greensteel (concop)
    Feet: Cannith Boots of Propulsion
    Ring: Ancient Band (yellow)
    Ring: Crafted: Greater Evocation Focus of Concentration +13 w/guild augment: HP
    Trinket: Crafted: Greater Necromancy Focus of Major Healing Lore
    Armor: Restored Elfcraft Plate Armor
    Mainhand: Forgotten Light
    Offhand: Bulwark of Storm's Fist (purple + colorless)

Augments
    Clear: Constitution +7
    Clear: Insightful Charisma +2
    Clear: Dexterity +6
    Yellow: Exceptional Wisdom +1
    Green: Good Luck +2
    Green: Greater False Life (+35)
    Purple: Impulse +114

This is the basic easy-to-farm setup. I'm guessing that named augment that gives exceptional +1 to all stats will be tough to get, but if acquired it would replace the +1 wis. The +6 dex is really only there to fill out the MDB of the elfcraft plate, which is MDB3 thanks to being mithral.

I was unable to fit in a ToD ring for an extra 20% amp, but oh well, everything has trade-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post

I didn't realize that slotting a red for spellpower into a weapon or shield gives you implement bonus. Do you have a screenshot of this?

I didn't realize that slotting a red for spellpower into a weapon or shield gives you implement bonus. Do you have a screenshot of this?
    Not shields, only weapons.

It's on Lamma. Doesn't work for throwing weapons (I made an epic noxious fang and slotted it with a cheap spellpower crystal trying for the +27 Implement bonus, but no joy).

Good to know, that changes things for sure

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    With the servers down, it's as good a time as any to try and figure my endgame cleric gear. He'll essentially be an evoker cleric who does a small amount of melee with forgotton light. Gotta love wisdom mod for to-hit and damage.

I was unable to fit in a ToD ring for an extra 20% amp, but oh well, everything has trade-offs.

Thanks, this is a very useful list and gives me ideas as to what I should be shooting for.

Nice to see you sneaking a guild slot into your gear, and the old reliable Cannith boots .

Just a quick thought but if your grinding and looking forward to it, why not epic Abashi set? Envenomed, scorched bracers or charged gauntlets and boots of corrosion:
    +3 str
    +3 evo DCs
    2 green augment slots or 1 green 1 yellow
    1 blue augment alot
    1 colorless augment slot
    Disenegration Guard
    Greater Poison Guard
    And if gauntlets instead of bracers greater shocking blow while melee
    Last edited by smithj_2020; 02-20-2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Wrong augment slots
    I feel at home in the darkness, when its just me and my blades...when the hunter takes over!

The change to the augment system has made a lot of formerly "meh" items into something worthy of serious consideration. Abishai items are a good example; they always had too many green slots before, and there wasn't that much to do with them once you had Toughness and Heavy Fort filled in.

But now, if I had slots in every body location, I probably will still not run out of things to put in them. This also makes multiple slot items extra juicy. Even items which might not normally appear to be for a caster can be slotted to make them good.

Arkat's Cord - EE version comes with Toughness, Reinforced Fists, and a Green/Yellow slot. The Yellow comes pre-slotted with Insightful Con +2. Sure, that seems like it's for a monk, but with 2 slots, that's now for almost everybody.

Mountain's Fist. A dwarven axe isn't a caster item...is it? Well, EE has a Red, Orange, and Purple Slot. With the base item being +7, you could put spellpower into each of those slots and now you have a +21 Implement, +114 Radiance/Devotion/Impulse one handed weapon with lots of style!

And then of course, there are the specific caster items...plus slots. Is there any better option than a blue dragon helm? +8 Enhancement [Wis/Cha/Int] or +3 Insight [Wis/Cha/Int], Green Slot, Yellow Slot. Even completely disregarding the set bonus with blue dragon armor, I cannot think of anything I'd rather wear (hell, that probably beats any 2 other helms combined).

Quote Originally Posted by smithj_2020 View Post
    Just a quick thought but if your grinding and looking forward to it, why not epic Abashi set? Envenomed, scorched bracers or charged gauntlets and boots of corrosion:
    +3 str
    +3 evo DCs
    2 green augment slots or 1 green 1 yellow
    1 blue augment alot
    1 colorless augment slot
    Disenegration Guard
    Greater Poison Guard
    And if gauntlets instead of bracers greater shocking blow while melee
    I am working on the abashai set, but it's a long and slow process. I have most of the seals/shards, but I still need all the scrolls.