Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Neverwinter Feels great

one thing i hated about DDO other then outdated graphics was the controls i believe neverwinter got them spot on, got to play in beta and it feels great!

Hey look, I posted before it was locked...yay!
    Cevon - Nature's Arrow (17 Dru/2 Mnk/1 Wiz HE AA), Shorlong - Pale Master (18 Wiz/2 Monk)
    Gorgnak - Frenzied Barbarian, Krazig - Dark Knight Paladin
    Xanapheia - Fighting Soul (18 FvS/2 Ftr), Addanc - Bearbarian Tank (12 Dru/6 Ftr/2 Brb)
    Thelanis - Leader of The Dark Creed

Default Ok??

You like a game... Want a cookie?
    Darkrune TRx2 lvl 20 FvS, Darkdivinity lvl 20 cleric, Darkaxe lvl 20 fighter, Darktune TRx1 lvl 4bard, Darkbow lvl 20 AA Ranger, Darksoldier TRx1 lvl 20 Barb, Darkspells TRx2 lvl 20 Wizard, Darkbattle TRx1 lvl 20 artificer, Darktemper lvl 17 Ranger, Darkfists TRx1 lvl 20 Monk, Darkherald lvl 5 paladin Guild Leader of No Politics Thelanis Server

Quote Originally Posted by Shadus79 View Post
    one thing i hated about DDO other then outdated graphics was the controls i believe neverwinter got them spot on, got to play in beta and it feels great!
    If i want that kind of a game, i pick up my remote and watch a movie

Quote Originally Posted by FZTopaz View Post
    This should be in offtopic not general, but other than that, why would it be locked? People discuss other games all the time

A comparison between controls to another game should not get this locked in the General area. But I've seen stranger things. How is the combat compared to DDO's run and slash. I heard/seen video about stand and fighting

Are the character customization options any good?
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

one thing i hated about DDO other then outdated graphics
    Most MMOs release an area of content once and very rarely is it ever updated. The reality is DDO has very good graphics potential and can easily make use of the latest graphics hardware.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Can you get in Beta without buying a founders pack?

I logged on to SWTOR yesterday and revved up ol' Flan Solo the Smuggler out of boredom and remembered how much I hate the feel of the movement.

Side note - I doubt this will be locked but I'm sure it will be moved to "off-topic".
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    Can you get in Beta without buying a founders pack?
    You can sign up for the beta but the only guaranteed way to gain access is to buy a Founders pack.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    You can sign up for the beta but the only guaranteed way to gain access is to buy a Founders pack.
    gotcha thanks
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

You are safe,
    No-one from Turbine is policing the forums today - they are all too busy running around tearing their hair out/counting their OT money/hiding under their desk or clearing said desk after getting the blame for today's long term visit from Mr ****-up
    "Im-plo-sion: For when you just absolutely HAVE to kill every M*****-F***** in the room".
    (Samuel L Jackson)
    Alts: Mercilless, Relenttless, Maliciouss: The Silence sisters.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

There are a few threads on the NW boards that talk about DDO too. Makes sense really.

Does the 'have to stop moving to attack' thing feel weird, Shadus?
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

remove a steak from a dog's mouth

then give it feed

it would like it more than the steak, is the only it has

100% guaranteed
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

I love the fact that in this day and age of gaming, you like to be forced to stand still, and do NOT move, in order to swing a weapon.

It gives such a great feel of.... turn based in real time. All while everything else just moves/dodges away from you laughing at your lead feet.

Granted maybe it is just standard MMO which means as soon as the attack is engaged, it doesn't matter if they are next to you or 3 miles away. You are hit. Why do we love that? Because it is so realistic man!

Eye candy is great and all... but I just cannot get enthusiastic about anything that hews close to 4e.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Eye candy is great and all... but I just cannot get enthusiastic about anything that hews close to 4e.
    Which is why I've stopped trying to compare it to D&D. It may contain some lore, it may contain some similar named concepts, it may have the logos and licenses behind it. I find if I try to compare it to D&D I end up disappointed. So I prefer to compare it to other MMOs it would be competing with like Guild Wars 2.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Character creation in that game looks like something that crawled out a dogs butt.

Combat looks okay.

I don't mind 4th edition, and always felt it would work better in an MMO, but still, pathfinder/3.5 are better (so I am waiting for pathfinder online, and still like DDO a lot).

My main issue for combat is that it requires you to stand still.........honestly GW2 looks better than that game (and probably is better).

It does look pretty, but it also seems like it would take a high end computer, which half the time I do not have, so less accessible.

Also, I really hope there are more classes than that at release, otherwise the game will be boring as hell from too few classes.

And the biggest issue: female dwarves don't have beards
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I love the fact that in this day and age of gaming, you like to be forced to stand still, and do NOT move, in order to swing a weapon.

It gives such a great feel of.... turn based in real time. All while everything else just moves/dodges away from you laughing at your lead feet.

Granted maybe it is just standard MMO which means as soon as the attack is engaged, it doesn't matter if they are next to you or 3 miles away. You are hit. Why do we love that? Because it is so realistic man!
    Or the inflexibility of being cornholed into a class. With a fighter I can easily change from tank to full bore DPS, but with Neverwinter you pick Guardian (tank) or greatsword figther and once that choice is made the only way I can play around with a different type or role is if I create a whole new different class.

Controls are terrible, customization nearly plain 0, all in all terribly dull ... really sad to say, but that's how it is, and coming from someone who really enjoyed the original game and had some expectations on the new

Combat is like hit left mouse button watch all die around, if you strain yourself hitting keys simply speeds up the process

All in all ... unworthy, very

Quote Originally Posted by Luxgolg View Post
    A comparison between controls to another game should not get this locked in the General area. But I've seen stranger things. How is the combat compared to DDO's run and slash. I heard/seen video about stand and fighting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeromio View Post
    Are the character customization options any good?
    Proud member of Lotusfly's squelch list!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast