Default Divine Archer for Third Life Build?

I always wanted to try this build. After tr'ing my 13 cleric/7 wis to a pure cleric with a main focus on heals and secondary on light, (at level 9, but would've reached 10 if not for the down day), so now I'm thinking about a build for a third life. I don't really want to run the same build as the current second life because there's no challenge in designing the build, so I figure trying a Divine Archer would be perfect.

I found this link here. It's a little old so i wanted to ask questions first:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=258785

I prefered this build over the others because of the extra wizard feat at the start. I'm also going to keep the race human for a total of three feats at the start. But I have questions about taking a second Ranger level. I never played a Ranger, so what exactly is the purpose for the second Ranger level?

Here are more links for other Divine Archer bulds I found:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=258715
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=271340
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=277926

Here's the first 9 levels i've created using ddo character generator. All suggestions are welcome, including whether or not I should play this build as a third life.

Divine Archer:
    1st Level-
    Wizard
    Feats:
    Toughness
    Dodge
    Quicken Spell
    Action Points:
    None Taken

2nd Level-
    Ranger
    Favored Enemy:
    Undead
    Action Points
    None Taken

3rd Level-
    Cleric
    Feat:
    Zen Archery
    Action Points:
    Follower of the Silver Flame
    Cleric Energy of the Zealot I
    Improved Heal I
    Cleric Life Magic I
    Cleric Divine Vitality I
    Ranger Favored Damage I
    Ranger Favored Defense I
    Racial Toughness I
    Human Improved Recovery I
    Cleric Extra Turning I

4th Level-
    Cleric
    Ability Point:
    Wisdom
    Action Points:
    Cleric Divine Cleansing I
    Cleric Wisdom I
    Cleric Smiting I

5th Level-
    Cleric
    Action Points:
    Cleric Divine Healing I
    Cleric Prayer of Life I
    Human Adaptability: Dexterity

6th Level-
    Cleric
    Feat:
    Empower Healing Spell
    Action Points:
    Improved Heal II
    Racial Toughness II
    Cleric Prayer of Smiting I

7th Level-
    Cleric
    Action Points:
    Cleric Improved Turning I
    Cleric Life Magic II
    Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life I

8th Level-
    Cleric
    Ability Point:
    Dexterity
    Action Points:
    Silver Flame Excorcism

9th Level-
    Cleric
    Feat:
    Precision
    Action Points:
    Cleric Radiant Servant I

First Level Wizard I put 4 skill points into Concentration and 2 points into Heal. As Ranger I put all skill points into Jump. Then as Cleric I balanced the two skill points into Heal and either Diplo or Concentration every other level.

Thanks!
    Last edited by kilagan800; 02-15-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Fixed information

Howdy. From reading your post, you mentioned you wanted to try an Arcane Archer. Assuming you're more or less following Unbongwah's Radiant Archer build, there's a couple things I'd like to point out.

Firstly, you can't take AA without at least 6 ranger or race:Elf/Half Elf. You also can't get the best imbue (Slayers) without 18 of ranger/Elf/Helf. So while Human would grant you that nice extra feat, you'd still lose AA.

Ranger 2 does a couple things for you; The first level give you Bow Strength. Any build serious about using a bow wants that. Second level gives you Rapid Shot. This is another must-have feat, and is required for Manyshot. Ranged is slow enough as it is, so we like Rapid Shot. If you're not planning on a high strength build, you could swap 2 ranger for either 2 fighter or 2 monk, as long as you're still fitting in Rapid Shot somewhere. On a helf with ranger dilly, this is basically a moot point, so you'd be better off trading out the 2 ranger for one of the other classes. If you're feeling brave, you could attempt to squeeze in Zen Archer on the monk splash, with a high wisdom.

The first Wizard level is so you can use the Wizard sp enhancement for AA pre-req's, effectively freeing up a feat for another meta (Maximize/Extend would be my preference).

Finally, I'd suggest not putting points into the Heal skill. I've never found it very worthwhile. Personally, UMD/Balance/Jump/Haggle take priority (In that order). It is your build, though, so you make the final call.

Unless you're a min-maxer, there's no reason NOT to play this, especially as a third life. If you're a decent player then the minor loss in sp and spell slots won't hurt you much. You'll likely have all the healing gear needed by the time you roll this up, so you can focus on getting any ranged gear. Quiver of Alacrity and a Lit II are the first things I'd suggest. If there's something I've been unclear on or something you have a question on, I'd open to explain.
    I am the one without the pants!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Set the bar low. Minimize the risks, and youll always win.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsont View Post
    Howdy. From reading your post, you mentioned you wanted to try an Arcane Archer. Assuming you're more or less following Unbongwah's Radiant Archer build, there's a couple things I'd like to point out.

Firstly, you can't take AA without at least 6 ranger or race:Elf/Half Elf. You also can't get the best imbue (Slayers) without 18 of ranger/Elf/Helf. So while Human would grant you that nice extra feat, you'd still lose AA.

Ranger 2 does a couple things for you; The first level give you Bow Strength. Any build serious about using a bow wants that. Second level gives you Rapid Shot. This is another must-have feat, and is required for Manyshot. Ranged is slow enough as it is, so we like Rapid Shot. If you're not planning on a high strength build, you could swap 2 ranger for either 2 fighter or 2 monk, as long as you're still fitting in Rapid Shot somewhere. On a helf with ranger dilly, this is basically a moot point, so you'd be better off trading out the 2 ranger for one of the other classes. If you're feeling brave, you could attempt to squeeze in Zen Archer on the monk splash, with a high wisdom.

The first Wizard level is so you can use the Wizard sp enhancement for AA pre-req's, effectively freeing up a feat for another meta (Maximize/Extend would be my preference).

Finally, I'd suggest not putting points into the Heal skill. I've never found it very worthwhile. Personally, UMD/Balance/Jump/Haggle take priority (In that order). It is your build, though, so you make the final call.

Unless you're a min-maxer, there's no reason NOT to play this, especially as a third life. If you're a decent player then the minor loss in sp and spell slots won't hurt you much. You'll likely have all the healing gear needed by the time you roll this up, so you can focus on getting any ranged gear. Quiver of Alacrity and a Lit II are the first things I'd suggest. If there's something I've been unclear on or something you have a question on, I'd open to explain.
    I'm building a Divine Archer, not an arcane archer. I apologize for the confusion, I was writing pretty late last night. I edited the error in the op. Thanks for answering my question about taking the Ranger level 2. The upside to this is I'll kick rear end with a bow. But the downside would be having to wait till level 10 for Radiant Servant I, and won't get RSII till 16, unless I can take Ranger 2 at level 10 -- but I imagine playability from levels 3 through 9 would suffer? Hmm, something to consider.

I have a question about UMD. If i'm going to take a level of wizard and playing a cleric, would I still need to raise my UMD score?

Thanks