Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Default Items to Boost Heals.

Lets assume I hate healing.

I respect the living Heck (yes, Heck), out of anyone who can do almost nothing but heal a party/raid group. I could never do it, and I think those who do need to be rewarded more and better, by party members and the game itself.

Lets go on to assume that I have a toon that could heal, in a pinch, and more and more frequently I'm encountering the need. Now, I'll show willing and step up when needed, I'm even willing to carry some items that I can equip that will help me do it better, but I'm slightly unmotivated to spend the time researching this area than I would virtually any other area of the game.

Please give me the quick and painless guide to equipping the pinch-healer who hates healing.

Devotion of Healing Lore.

I've nabbed a Devotion(120) of Superior Healing Lore Scepter for my bard.

In general the devotion item is the tricky one. Signet of the Shining Sun is a fairly easy item to nab once your up there.
    Hart o Gold Hart o Song
    14 RaS , 6 SaD Guildmaster
    Heroes of Gallifrey | Sarlona
    14 KoTC, 5 DWS 1 Ftr

Devotion 120 can be found on lots of random lootgen scepters or q-staves now. Just run the higher epics(not old Eberron ones, just the MotU or later stuff) on the higher diffs. Or, you can add it to Twilight on tier 3 of upgrades with Heroic Comms.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zemuze, Zeeby

Epic Mask of Comedy is really nice too.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    Epic Mask of Comedy is really nice too.
    If you can, snag this (or another option that doesn't go in the hands). That way you can wield something that allows you to hit things (effectively) in a pinch, or at least a different spell stick that lets you evoke/conjure/charm/whatever.

I wear the Shining Sun signet ring (Healing Lore 12%) and a lootgen Cowl that gives me Devotion +108. Easy peasy. Just a lil' Comm farming and a cheap trip to the AH.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

TY for responses.

Heal and Mass Heal receive 50% of your spell power
    What exactly does that mean?

I am using a Wall of Wood. ( http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Wall_of...%28Level_22%29 )
    A realy nice devotion item. It has no healing lore, but crits make me overheal anyway and I don't rely on them. The passiv DR blocks most ranged attacks and I am seldom in close combat. I use the level 22 version because the 20% healing amp stacks with the 30% from the dragon knight gauntlets. Good active blocking DR and AC make the wall my favroite healer item. (Until the U17 stuff comes maybe)
    Clever & Smart Agent - Pure Drow Mechanic: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...arper-Mechanic
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Two things:

1. The devs hate divines. (Just one minor sympton among many.)

2. Normally, every 1 spellpower means 1% more output from a spell. For those 2 spells, 2 spellpower only gives 1% more output.

I means that getting a 120 Devotion item isn't very important, as you won't be able to tell the difference between a 108 and 120 Heal/Mass Heal.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

For leveling, I'm a big fan of the gauntlets of eternity. Major healing lore and Devotion 72 is pretty good for slot consolidation at level 13. I'll even periodically slip them on at late levels if I have a tough time configuring my gearset.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Two things:

1. The devs hate divines. (Just one minor sympton among many.)

2. Normally, every 1 spellpower means 1% more output from a spell. For those 2 spells, 2 spellpower only gives 1% more output.
    Yup- this. Just a symptom of a larger problem, I am afraid. I am not really sure where the future of divines lies, but as long as this kind of symptom exists, there will be fewer and fewer people playing divines. And therefore, more and more need for "non-traditional" classes taking more of a healing role. So, while you did not specify your class, I am going to assume you did not plan on healing on that toon.

EVERYONE needs to do what they can to help themselves heal up. It may be something as simple as putting 1 full point into the heal skill so you can use a "sustenance" item to get more out of a shrine for you and your party, or as complicated as equipping a devotion item and actually throwing spells rather than hitting the bad guys.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzor View Post
    For leveling, I'm a big fan of the gauntlets of eternity. Major healing lore and Devotion 72 is pretty good for slot consolidation at level 13. I'll even periodically slip them on at late levels if I have a tough time configuring my gearset.
    This. ^

Upgraded, the gauntlets are very nice at lvl 13. I use those on my cleric/fvs lives and don't take them off until 20+ where I've found devotion/healing lore scepters and other items.