Default What are some self healing dps builds

My fighter is almost level 20 and I wanted to TR him into something, more specifically something that can dps and self heal. As I like to run a quest on elite with a group the first time then solo it (w/ hireling in my fighters case) on hard and normal.

As I'm still newish to the game, out of playing for 8 months I would say I have about 3 combined months of decent experience and understand most concepts so far, I don't know what combinations are good/bad and have only had experience with my PM Wizard, Pure THF Paladin, Pure Kensai Fighter, and a failed Ranger/Rogue to base decisions off of.

I'm slowly buying TP at $20-35 at a time when I have the money (and permission from the girlfriend x_x) so any build/class/etc isn't out of the question.

I'm just wondering what types of character combinations would be as self sufficient as my ## Wiz/2 Rogue Pale Master was leveling up. As this character would be a fighter past life it would make sense to be some sort of melee/ranged build.

Also any other caster combinations are also helpful as eventually I will TR my wizard too (she's still 28 point =\), but for now she's my main source of gear/epic token farming.

Should also note that I would prefer melee/ranged dps focused classes to continue gaining past lives on my fighter, this character slot is going to be my melee/ranged dps character and would like him to focus on that.
    Last edited by w0rstn4m33v3r; 02-14-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    Officer of Nomadic (Khyber)

Hey,

this is what you have been looking for: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=404822

I'm sure Haek will have a talk with the girlfriend if she isn't convinced it's worth buying the TP for artificer/monk. He sure as hell knows how to sell his build =P

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Community Member

Are you TWFing or THFing?
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by w0rstn4m33v3r View Post
    My fighter is almost level 20 and I wanted to TR him into something, more specifically something that can dps and self heal. As I like to run a quest on elite with a group the first time then solo it (w/ hireling in my fighters case) on hard and normal.

As I'm still newish to the game, out of playing for 8 months I would say I have about 3 combined months of decent experience and understand most concepts so far, I don't know what combinations are good/bad and have only had experience with my PM Wizard, Pure THF Paladin, Pure Kensai Fighter, and a failed Ranger/Rogue to base decisions off of.

I'm slowly buying TP at $20-35 at a time when I have the money (and permission from the girlfriend x_x) so any build/class/etc isn't out of the question.

I'm just wondering what types of character combinations would be as self sufficient as my ## Wiz/2 Rogue Pale Master was leveling up. As this character would be a fighter past life it would make sense to be some sort of melee/ranged build.

Also any other caster combinations are also helpful as eventually I will TR my wizard too (she's still 28 point =\), but for now she's my main source of gear/epic token farming.
    be a halfelf have a 14 wisdom it will give you the cleric dilly and will have a 95% chhance on heal scrolls take recovery and scroll mastery to go with it and you can self heal well enough

Community Member

oh and make/get an irem for healing amp too
    Last edited by tasslehofff; 02-14-2013 at 05:47 PM.

I'm a big fan of 12 levels of Wizard on a Warforged build, but that's only because I'm lazy and hate pulling out scrolls. Unfortunately, while I'm perfectly satisfied with the combined spell and melee DPS, I'd never try to sell it as a DPS build to anyone.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    Hey,

this is what you have been looking for: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=404822

I'm sure Haek will have a talk with the girlfriend if she isn't convinced it's worth buying the TP for artificer/monk. He sure as hell knows how to sell his build =P
    I still have about 1800 TP banked, was waiting to see what next weeks sales were to spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Are you TWFing or THFing?
    Fighter is THF, but between my other characters I could farm up the gear needed to level with TWF.

Quote Originally Posted by tasslehofff View Post
    oh and make/get an irem for healing amp too
    Ive been trying to pull a pair of Levik's Bracers on my fighter, got them on my paladin but haven't had much luck on my fighter. I'll have to look around for more options or craft a green steal healing amp weapon to swap during potions/heals

Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    I'm a big fan of 12 levels of Wizard on a Warforged build, but that's only because I'm lazy and hate pulling out scrolls. Unfortunately, while I'm perfectly satisfied with the combined spell and melee DPS, I'd never try to sell it as a DPS build to anyone.
    If I was gonna play my wizard over again I would most like just go Pale Master again, but as for when I decide to do sorc levels I'd probably got warforged for that. I'd also probably want Cleric Levels for the extra DC's to conjure (I went acid this life) and FvS for the spell points and penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by w0rstn4m33v3r View Post
    If I was gonna play my wizard over again I would most like just go Pale Master again, but as for when I decide to do sorc levels I'd probably got warforged for that. I'd also probably want Cleric Levels for the extra DC's to conjure (I went acid this life) and FvS for the spell points and penetration.
    I presume you mean Cleric Past Lifes? Hmmm... I've got too many clerics, and not enough WF Sorcs
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    I presume you mean Cleric Past Lifes? Hmmm... I've got too many clerics, and not enough WF Sorcs
    yea, I meant cleric past lives for the conjure DCs, I would probably get a past life or two of sorc before I would roll a cleric though, for the extra evocation DCs. That way I can dps my way to 20 if I can't find groups to heal, which I don't think will be a problem but some of the times I play the LFM is pretty bare.

I've recently played an 18barb/2rog to 25, and had lots of fun. Used greatswords or -axes, have full points in the search, disable and UMD skills (with some other points elsewhere), so can use heal scrolls no fail, and get traps on EH questing no trouble (even some EE, but not much testing done there).

If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll send more information about the build once I can log in again.
    Argonessen: Jhanrae, Weisen Heimer, Chaard O'Nay, Soulah, and more. Khyber: Dyzzie and Myssie for escape from Argo drama