Thread: GS questions

Default GS questions

I am on my second life at 20 actually ready to TR and zerg for my last wiz life. I zerg'd 3 wiz pls on my FvS but didn't take time to search out find opt gear setup for WF wiz.

Some gear questions:
    Where for 2nd GS?
    What is best option for docent?
    Any other gear suggestions...comments

Gear I have that Im keeping for final life and spot:

Staff of Necromancer
    Torc - will get epic sometime
    ConOpp goggles - Spell points
    Epic Darkstorm Helm - +1 int
    Seal of House Szind - +7 int

I'm thinking GS triple pos gloves, +6 ChA skills.
    Have eaten +2 tomes everywhere.

Any comments questions directions to other links appreciated!
    Last edited by smithj_2020; 02-14-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    I feel at home in the darkness, when its just me and my blades...when the hunter takes over!

It depends a lot on what you're trying to do with this slot.

"Triple Positive" narrows down a weapon, but means little for a pair of gloves. Hitpoints? Spellpoints? 3 tiers of regeneration? Minor/Lesser/Regular Good Guard?

What form is your Conc-Opp item? It's in the goggle slot, but what does it DO? There are probably over 100 different configurations that can still be made as Conc-Opp.

You want Greensteel HP, you want Greensteel SP, you want Concordant Opposition. Ok...

You could make a Triple-Air Spellpoint item and swap it with your Conc-Opp when you shrine/enter a quest, then swap it out after you're finished buffing. Then you don't need to cleanse the items. Triple air is dirt-cheap to make, although you could consider Triple-positive, since the clickie effect on Air is not as useful for a Wizard.

Did you want Heavy Fort? A disabling guard? Instakill guard? Permablur?

Once you've picked the slot to put the item in, you're just getting started. Oh, and bear in mind that a great slot today could be terrible in a few months when some new uberitem is released for that location. Cloaks used to be one of the best places to put greensteel...now I wouldn't make a GS cloak if you paid me.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

The conopp gives bonus SPs, it's +3, +2 CHA skills, +1, +3 int skills, wizardy vi, +100 SPs, +50SPs, diplo, haggle+10, wisdom +6.

I want to go HPs of course with my second and it's going to be cleansed as I have a cleansing stone ready to go and the stuff to make whatever I want whether it be Min II, Triple Positive or whatever just looking for suggestion for best fit for caster, also heard enervation guard is nice.

Some other info:
    Don't need heavy fort I can slot it on epic augment which I'm going to do soon, I was actually leaning towards aspect of ash gloves which gives enervation guard which is a nice bonus, but was just seeing what the majority think or suggest.
    Last edited by smithj_2020; 02-15-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    I feel at home in the darkness, when its just me and my blades...when the hunter takes over!