Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Community Member LoneWolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    211

    Default Spells without DCs???

    Anyone have a list of spells without dcs.

    Looking for a list of wizard/sorc, one for bards, and one for clerics. Any help would be appreciated. I seem to fail at searching.

  2. #2
    Community Member gphysalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Many damage dealing spells, and all buffs don't have DCs
    When picking spells, it should say if it has a DC.

    If you are looking for crowd control spells without DCs, there aren't many.

    The entire Power Word series
    Otto's Irresistable Dance
    Enervation / Energy Drain

    I don't know of others
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

  3. #3
    Community Member Ganolyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    On A Sailing Ship To Nowhere, Leaving Anyplace...
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Ray of Enfeeblement has no DC. Most force based or enhanced spells don't have DC's or have component that hits always. This doesn't mean they aren't affected by SR or have some other saving throw.
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Generally speaking the above spells, while they have no DC are subject to spell resistance. If a spell effects an enemy it will almost always be subject to SR or a save or both, with very few exceptions.

    There are a few spells that have some components that are subject (and usually others that are). Like solid fog imposes a -5 to reflex saves and concealment but is itself not subject to a save or SR, and it also imposes other penalties that red and purple named mobs are immune to.

    Some combat spells have no save or SR, like Niac's Biting Cold, Polar Ray, Black Dragon Bolt, Eladar's Electric Surge. Magic missile also fits in here, but it is blocked 100% by any kind of shield spell, which many enemy casters have (not all, and generally only casters).

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inouk View Post
    Generally speaking the above spells, while they have no DC are subject to spell resistance. If a spell effects an enemy it will almost always be subject to SR or a save or both, with very few exceptions.

    There are a few spells that have some components that are subject (and usually others that are). Like solid fog imposes a -5 to reflex saves and concealment but is itself not subject to a save or SR, and it also imposes other penalties that red and purple named mobs are immune to.

    Some combat spells have no save or SR, like Niac's Biting Cold, Polar Ray, Black Dragon Bolt, Eladar's Electric Surge. Magic missile also fits in here, but it is blocked 100% by any kind of shield spell, which many enemy casters have (not all, and generally only casters).
    Most DOTs and persistent AOEs dont have a save, or save only on the first tick. If you're looking to build a caster hybrid that can get by without maxing DCs or something, look at Earth Savant. There's a couple of Acid spells that are no-save, and DOTs tend to be SP-efficient DPS, especially of course in longer fights (ie, bosses, or as fights just get generally longer at higher levels).

  6. #6
    Community Member tharveysinjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    373

    Default Arcane spells with no saves allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfie View Post
    Anyone have a list of spells without dcs.

    Looking for a list of wizard/sorc, one for bards, and one for clerics. Any help would be appreciated. I seem to fail at searching.
    Well, here is a list of arcane, wiz/sorc spells that do not allow an enemy to make a saving throw. I have included level and school, for you, but, I do not know how well the formatting is going to work, since I am copying this from a query in my own database.

    Level Name School
    1 Shocking Grasp Evocation
    1 Magic Missile Evocation
    1 Disrupt Undead Necromancy
    1 Ray of Enfeeblement Necromancy
    2 Fog Cloud Conjuration
    2 Melf's Acid Arrow Conjuration
    2 Scorching Ray Evocation
    3 Sleet Storm Conjuration
    3 Chain Missiles Evocation
    4 Solid Fog Conjuration
    4 Ice Storm Evocation
    4 Force Missiles Evocation
    4 Enervation Necromancy
    4 Burning Blood Necromancy
    5 Eladar's Electric Surge Evocation
    5 Niac's Biting Cold Evocation
    5 Waves of Fatigue Necromancy
    6 Acid Fog Conjuration
    7 Power Word: Blind Enchantment
    8 Black Dragon Bolt Conjuration
    8 Incendiary Cloud Conjuration
    8 Power Word: Stun Enchantment
    8 Polar Ray Evocation
    8 Symbol of Death Necromancy
    9 Power Word: Kill Conjuration
    9 Energy Drain Necromancy


    Now, the list of spells that do not allow saves AND that are not subject to spell resistance, is shorter:

    Level Name School
    1 Shocking Grasp Evocation
    1 Magic Missile Evocation
    1 Ray of Enfeeblement Necromancy
    2 Fog Cloud Conjuration
    2 Melf's Acid Arrow Conjuration
    2 Scorching Ray Evocation
    3 Sleet Storm Conjuration
    3 Chain Missiles Evocation
    4 Ice Storm Evocation
    4 Force Missiles Evocation
    4 Burning Blood Necromancy
    5 Eladar's Electric Surge Evocation
    5 Niac's Biting Cold Evocation
    6 Acid Fog Conjuration
    8 Black Dragon Bolt Conjuration
    8 Incendiary Cloud Conjuration
    8 Polar Ray Evocation


    I have not compiled a list of divine or artificer spells yet
    Treachery wears many masks, but none so treacherous as the mask of virtue.

  7. #7
    Community Member LoneWolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tharveysinjin View Post
    Well, here is a list of arcane, wiz/sorc spells that do not allow an enemy to make a saving throw. I have included level and school, for you, but, I do not know how well the formatting is going to work, since I am copying this from a query in my own database.

    Level Name School
    1 Shocking Grasp Evocation
    1 Magic Missile Evocation
    1 Disrupt Undead Necromancy
    1 Ray of Enfeeblement Necromancy
    2 Fog Cloud Conjuration
    2 Melf's Acid Arrow Conjuration
    2 Scorching Ray Evocation
    3 Sleet Storm Conjuration
    3 Chain Missiles Evocation
    4 Solid Fog Conjuration
    4 Ice Storm Evocation
    4 Force Missiles Evocation
    4 Enervation Necromancy
    4 Burning Blood Necromancy
    5 Eladar's Electric Surge Evocation
    5 Niac's Biting Cold Evocation
    5 Waves of Fatigue Necromancy
    6 Acid Fog Conjuration
    7 Power Word: Blind Enchantment
    8 Black Dragon Bolt Conjuration
    8 Incendiary Cloud Conjuration
    8 Power Word: Stun Enchantment
    8 Polar Ray Evocation
    8 Symbol of Death Necromancy
    9 Power Word: Kill Conjuration
    9 Energy Drain Necromancy


    Now, the list of spells that do not allow saves AND that are not subject to spell resistance, is shorter:

    Level Name School
    1 Shocking Grasp Evocation
    1 Magic Missile Evocation
    1 Ray of Enfeeblement Necromancy
    2 Fog Cloud Conjuration
    2 Melf's Acid Arrow Conjuration
    2 Scorching Ray Evocation
    3 Sleet Storm Conjuration
    3 Chain Missiles Evocation
    4 Ice Storm Evocation
    4 Force Missiles Evocation
    4 Burning Blood Necromancy
    5 Eladar's Electric Surge Evocation
    5 Niac's Biting Cold Evocation
    6 Acid Fog Conjuration
    8 Black Dragon Bolt Conjuration
    8 Incendiary Cloud Conjuration
    8 Polar Ray Evocation


    I have not compiled a list of divine or artificer spells yet
    thank you very much. This is what i was looking for. very helpful
    Last edited by LoneWolfie; 02-15-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload