Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok look

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragonScale View Post
    I haven't seen you play Dukkie in like forever!
    well let me tell you what happen to Dukkie.. the poor child was running the Abbot raid and left with the goggles on.. way back when that was a huge mistake.. after that, she could get into any raids at all.. never could figure it out, so i deleted her. but kept the name as a reminder of the mistakes i have made in the past
    Proud Member Of the Guildless Guild.

Littlefoot / Jayne / Dukkie / Windowlicker / Hippychick / Merrada

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    bye.

remind me not to play with people like you when I do play on khyber.

The main thing that op is saying is just, ya know, play the game.

She/he/it doesn't say dont die or must be a better player then she/he/it, they just say participate.

Is that really that hard?

hob
    to dismiss someone cause you dont think their hit point are high enough is rude and bad form so bye hob no worries never seen you wont miss you either

Sigh, I guess it's finally time to pitch in 2cp. With today's game, many people fail to realize that each server has had it's own type of play style for a while. When when Riedra was taken from us and we were plunged into the depths of Khyber, we had to adapt quickly and our expectations have had to be raised. Over the years many of us Riedrians have had to become "hardcore players" to keep up. Now on the topic of the OP; What they are saying is that fun IS still out there, but at the moment, it is work. People work towards a goal and when you have others that make that goal more of a hassle to achieve, it becomes discerning. Once they can achieve aforementioned goal, then I believe the stress will be greatly alleviated and they can go back to enjoying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly171717 View Post
    First off i also apologise it just makes me hot to see this stuff. I ve been playing over 4 ,5 years 1 toon except a couple bank toons and

have done every quest with all sorts of groups. you take the good with the bad but youll always get to sample a new flavor. I agree on

the piker issue like carryin your own weight , not being a burden etc. But we are all new once and its people like you and me that have to

teach and lead the way so people are able to teach the next generations after us (gaming wise) i mean. You really boot ppl for not enough

hit points cmon, maybe they are new and unawares. I learn new stuff all the time from different people. I had no idea wheni pop a batch

of gold seal hires and complete a chain before i use them up i can put them in the bank and the countdown on their contract doesnt tick

down while i do a quest with a group. Isnt that great? And i wasted tons on hires by letting them tick away while im in a raid or random

pug now i get to use them fully. Just saying lots of different people have different perspectives it may relieve your boredom to try to see

the humour in things.
    well the next time you have a 2 life Barb come into your quest, at lvl 13 and have LESS hp the you hireling FvS, you will see what i mean. not going to say names, but a 13 Barb, 2nd lifer should have more then 160 hp.

FOR THE LAST TIME.. CON IS NOT A DUMP STAT!
    Last edited by jayne; 02-14-2013 at 03:57 PM.

to dismiss someone cause you dont think their hit point are high enough is rude and bad form so bye hob no worries never seen you wont miss you either
    After 22 TR's i know what is and is not acceptable for every class and when someone joins my party with the kind of HP i normally have at level 4 well they just have to go.
    Vertabreaker On Steam
    Vertabreaker's Power Hungry Quest TR 29 Of 40
    Encourage Self Sufficiency
    Power Gamer - Meta Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Ok, so I know over the pass few weeks i have not been the nicest of people in my groups. But you should know i have tried VERY hard to get to where i am at right now on Hippychick. So with this said, I will warn you. if you MY LFM and get booted before the quest start this is a list of the reason why.

1) ask for share on a walk up quest or a quest where you have to talk to the quest giver to enter.. i.e. Gwylans.

2) you join my group that is clearly listed as a FRAMING quest and the after 2 or 3 runs you suggest any other quest.

3) You enter MY group and then try to tell me how to run a quest.

4) your lvl 10 or above and you dont have (what i feel) the hit points to be running said quest.

5) you join my quest and think that after 2 runs you can pike.

look all i have a GREAT couple of gamers that run with me, and we will do what we can to help you lvl faster. but we will NOT do all the work.. If you join my group. do you part. thats all i can ask for.

P.S. I reserve the right to BOOT anyone i see as a non-helping party member.

Hippychick
    ZOMG, you mean it's not okay for people to join your lfm (which quest you could probably solo) and then expect you to change things to fit them?

Huh.

In all seriousness, you're exactly right. When you're running a group, it's your show. Period.

Don't feel like you have to justify yourself to others though. Haters are going to hate. Those that don't understand what you're saying, are going to as well, and in all likelihood it's going to be a good deal of everyone. Taking that attitude that you don't cater to everyone will only get you scorned... (believe me I know). But go you!

+1
    Last edited by eden2760; 02-14-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Orien Characters
    Kierkan - Bladeforged 12/6/2 Shiradi Favored Soul/Wizard/Monk| Dragonnbaito - Half-Elf Legendary Dreadnought 12 Monk/6 Paladin/2 Fighter

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Just whatever you do don't group with Hordo...he's a real @$$#*!(

waitaminnit...
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

well the next time you have a 2 life Barb come into your quest, at lvl 13 and have LESS hp the you hireling FvS, you will see what i mean. not going to say ands, but a 13 Barb, 2nd lifer should have more then 160 hp.

FOR THE LAST TIME.. CON IS NOT A DUMP STAT!
    enjoy your GAMING experience Sir/Madam and feel free to post my name to everyone you know that feels the same way and is just as

closeminded. The topic for me is now closed. And just so we are clear you win server bully lol your better than most and dont have time

for questions from the population at large

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hordo View Post

waitaminnit...
    Wow i heard that about him.. now i know it must be true.

enjoy your GAMING experience Sir/Madam and feel free to post my name to everyone you know that feels the same way and is just as

closeminded. The topic for me is now closed. And just so we are clear you win server bully lol your better than most and dont have time

Ok, so I know over the pass few weeks i have not been the nicest of people in my groups. But you should know i have tried VERY hard to get to where i am at right now on Hippychick. So with this said, I will warn you. if you MY LFM and get booted before the quest start this is a list of the reason why.

1) ask for share on a walk up quest or a quest where you have to talk to the quest giver to enter.. i.e. Gwylans.

2) you join my group that is clearly listed as a FRAMING quest and the after 2 or 3 runs you suggest any other quest.

4) your lvl 10 or above and you dont have (what i feel) the hit points to be running said quest.

look all i have a GREAT couple of gamers that run with me, and we will do what we can to help you lvl faster. but we will NOT do all the work.. If you join my group. do you part. thats all i can ask for.

Hippychick
    It's not your fault. Look at me son, it's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault.

Oh hell no.. i am always willing to help and give advice you anyone that need or want to hear it.. but there is a time and place for everything. and when im grinding i.e. farming, its not the time for me to slow down in the middle of my xp grind, and let my xp points burn down to nothing while i set for 20mintes trying to help you build a better toon. sorry. but not going to happen

Oh hell no.. i am always willing to help and give advice you anyone that need or want to hear it.. but there is a time and place for everything. and when im grinding i.e. farming, its not the time for me to slow down in the middle of my xp grind, and let my xp points burn down to nothing while i set for 20mintes trying to help you build a better toon. sorry. but not going to happen
    Agreed, and that's part of the problem, imho.

Everyone wants to start at the top. They think they have to learn every new quest on elite (opener plz!!111!) instead of working their way up to actually learn the quest (versus a backpack ride), or play at the skill level that their eq/knowledge/ability allows them to.

I didn't start out running all quests on elite. I expect nothing less of the inexperienced than I expected of myself at that level of play.
    Orien Characters
    Kierkan - Bladeforged 12/6/2 Shiradi Favored Soul/Wizard/Monk| Dragonnbaito - Half-Elf Legendary Dreadnought 12 Monk/6 Paladin/2 Fighter

I agree completely. I don't log on to be hassled by lowbie quests. Honestly, all I ask is that people read the LFM. I usually write something along the lines of "be able to solo the quest expediently while I dual box pike" and lo and behold, I still inevitably get people who don't even know where the quest is!

waitaminnit...
    Hmmm, that's not what I heard. I heard he like the soft warm pocket in your pack next to the ale.

Guess I heard wrong.

Sorry to hear about Dukkie, that is sad.
    Last edited by Enoach; 02-14-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Hmmm, that's not what I heard. I heard he like the soft warm pocket in your pack next to the ale.

Guess I heard wrong.
    No, no...you heard right.
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

No, no...you heard right.
    Hordo can teach all those new to the game, the many many ways of properly dying. I heard he's a grandmaster of that art...

Agreed that its most annoying
    Nothing so annoying
    I may do if I have learnt something that you have not, like a shortcut, and yes I have learnt some new things
    Usualy told wow you have high HP for your level (GS helps lol)
    Only ever piked in reavers but you cant do that now

Hippychick
    Not sure if I have ever run with you or not as in my playing time I have run with so many different people who seem to know my toons but very few of them I remember.
    The one thing I did note from your post is that you did not offer to help anyone who had low hp like give them 20 taps to get a helm, or tier 1 and 2 shround ingrediants so they can increase there HP. With the ammount of lives you have you should be awash with these items, I know I am and often give stuff away

I don't know if Hippy remembers me, but we have grouped together, and I found that they were very classy and forgiving. We were running a harbinger of madness chain and life got in the way and I had to step into a quest and pike for a minute. I dont believe that they are talking about a situation like that. I have never had a problem with hippy, and I think that they are correct in asking someone to contribute to their groups.

A certain player may have the skills to Zerg through a quest while five other people pike, but it gets annoying when you feel like you're doing all the work and other people are just enjoying a free ride. I would be willing to bet that many people have experienced similar feelings in other aspects of their life.

And bestie, I'll claim any and all large devils scales you have...just throwing that out there.

Edited for silly autocorrect
    Last edited by wildbynature; 02-14-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    --Pealea, Peawee, worldpeas, givepeas achance, and whoopea on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    Not sure if I have ever run with you or not as in my playing time I have run with so many different people who seem to know my toons but very few of them I remember.
    The one thing I did note from your post is that you did not offer to help anyone who had low hp like give them 20 taps to get a helm, or tier 1 and 2 shround ingrediants so they can increase there HP. With the ammount of lives you have you should be awash with these items, I know I am and often give stuff away
    i have gave away at least 200 taps and i am always giving stuff away. up till last year the Guildless has had birthday bashes where we as a guild give and have given away billions of plat in loot and prizes.. for the last tree years we even gave away full sets of +2 tomes. so please dont come at me like that i myself have given so much to new players i have put myself into debt. i have 5 capped toons and less then 3 mill plat on all of them together. so you talking to me about giving. BLAH.. you have no clue what i give for lowbies and new players..

BTW sorry there was no Guildless event last year.. was a hectic time for me, and this year is not much better, but ill see if i can rally the gang once again for a Guildless Guild b-day event some time next month.. watch for the post!
    Last edited by jayne; 02-14-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast