Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok look

Default Ok look

Ok, so I know over the pass few weeks i have not been the nicest of people in my groups. But you should know i have tried VERY hard to get to where i am at right now on Hippychick. So with this said, I will warn you. if you MY LFM and get booted before the quest start this is a list of the reason why.

1) ask for share on a walk up quest or a quest where you have to talk to the quest giver to enter.. i.e. Gwylans.

2) you join my group that is clearly listed as a FRAMING quest and the after 2 or 3 runs you suggest any other quest.

3) You enter MY group and then try to tell me how to run a quest.

4) your lvl 10 or above and you dont have (what i feel) the hit points to be running said quest.

5) you join my quest and think that after 2 runs you can pike.

look all i have a GREAT couple of gamers that run with me, and we will do what we can to help you lvl faster. but we will NOT do all the work.. If you join my group. do you part. thats all i can ask for.

P.S. I reserve the right to BOOT anyone i see as a non-helping party member.

Hippychick
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 02-14-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: profanity in title of thread
    Proud Member Of the Guildless Guild.

Littlefoot / Jayne / Dukkie / Windowlicker / Hippychick / Merrada

Community Member

im sorry, but this thread made me lol.

Last edited by Pape_27; 02-14-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

What's a FRAMING quest?

Community Member

He needs a necro 4 flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallyn View Post
    What's a FRAMING quest?
    and out comes the boot!!

Aww, someone needs a hug.

I forgive you.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatt72 View Post
    Aww, someone needs a hug.
    prolly get u booted

oh come on, ive have lots of people in my groups that will agree to what i just said, and now NONE of you want to step forward and agree here.. please!

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Ok, so I know over the pass few weeks i have not been the nicest of people in my groups. But you should know i have tried VERY hard to get to where i am at right now on Hippychick. So with this said, I will warn you. if you MY LFM and get booted before the quest start this is a list of the reason why.

1) ask for share on a walk up quest or a quest where you have to talk to the quest giver to enter.. i.e. Gwylans.

2) you join my group that is clearly listed as a FRAMING quest and the after 2 or 3 runs you suggest any other quest.

4) your lvl 10 or above and you dont have (what i feel) the hit points to be running said quest.

look all i have a GREAT couple of gamers that run with me, and we will do what we can to help you lvl faster. but we will NOT do all the work.. If you join my group. do you part. thats all i can ask for.

Hippychick
    Sounds like you are getting burned out, hun. Maybe take a break or run with known quantities for a bit. I've run with you on your TR runs, they've been superfun and it's a shame if you aren't enjoying that any more. Hopefully you will find your mojo again. There are some good PUGGles out there amongst the, um, interesting ones that want a free ride
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Terebinthia View Post
    Sounds like you are getting burned out, hun. Maybe take a break or run with known quantities for a bit. I've run with you on your TR runs, they've been superfun and it's a shame if you aren't enjoying that any more. Hopefully you will find your mojo again. There are some good PUGGles out there amongst the, um, interesting ones that want a free ride
    you are right.. i did get burned out there for a while, but please understand this is my 17th tr on Hippy and i only have 1 more to go.. im so close and would just love to get her done.. i love playing the game.. but im so close with her "end life" i can taste it.

oh come on, ive have lots of people in my groups that will agree to what i just said, and now NONE of you want to step forward and agree here.. please!
    Don't think I've ever ran with you.. I agree that when you farm non stop for an entire day (or weekend), every little thing can start annoying you, such as people who pike or people who don't listen.. What I don't agree with is your current attitude about it or even booting people..

My advice to you sir is:
    - solo when you get those terrible feelings of hatred.. khyber is a good place
    - run TRs with friends
    - join PUG Groups.. yeah I do that every now and then, sometimes it makes you want to solo a lot more, some other times you meet fun people that you can have a chat with
    - be more tolerant, this is a game. If the only thing it gets you is frustration, maybe take breaks and do something else

Finally, I have come to realise not everyone can be a hardcore gamer and play for many hours non stop. Especially in DDO where the community is mature.. many people are married, with kids, and they have stuff to do every now and then. I don't mind if people go afk for RL stuff, I don't mind if people suggest things (I actually encourage it.. it means the group is active and looking for more than just one quest), I don't mind if people have low hitpoints or are new players (I'm actually really happy when a curious new player joins, they ask questions I'm glad to answer, makes it interactive and fun).
    I do mind though disrespectful players or people who join expecting me to get them easy and fast XP while they pike. But then, those are super rare and I usually don't boot them for the sake of intertainment

Good luck to you.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Thumbs down

Im on khyber too my toons name is kellyssss and thank god i read the forums to know what kind of $%&$#@*&^ are out there. Insert

boot here and you can remind me to squelch you and any one who thinks that what you are saying is ok or the standard norm on khyber.

i have never nor will i ever run in a group with you. Good luck with your grind and when you and your friends are done doing whatever

you do everyone here on earth will still not care.

Wow, you've come a long way towards the serious since I once ran with you regularly as a Guildless

Ok, nothing to get your shorts in a bunch over. I know I just politely let them know the quest giver is your ride in.
    But I do agree, it is a bit rude to ask for a share when the rest of the party is IP.

I assume you mean FARMING . Yep, I agree that it is wrong to suggest anything else unless asked by PL. If your done running the quest then you can leave. But wow taking to just dismiss seems a bit over-the-top/heavy handed.

But this is fun . Seriously though it is funny to get people who know how to do it better, or that's not how my guild does it...

I still feel this is too arbitrary and a good leader knows the difference between lower than expected HP and "Dang that is low". Honestly I think many power gamers would be surprised at how many No-Death quests done in very reasonable times I've done with people that they would consider the HP to low. But it does take leadership to do it. I was once refused in a group because my sorcerer didn't have 250 HP at level 13. When I put up my own group they even sent tells that insinuated I couldn't do Chains of Flame on Elite because my HP were so low. Group was rather successful with no deaths... Also same person joined me later and taunted everyone in the group for not have as many HP as they did, only to have them also be the least contributor to the quests success (and I'm not talking kill count even though that was even behind the hireling cleric)

Agree, one should only pike with permission, and even then should consider leaving group if one must attend to RL stuff. Emergency being the exception - Don't wait for my permission to rush your kids to the hospital ok...

You do have a great group that runs with you, hope you all the best.

As a PL you have the right to BOOT anyone you want. However, the situation/circumstances behind your reasoning is what will taint others opinions.

Good Luck and happy hunting. Don't forget the fun in gaming.
    Last edited by Enoach; 02-14-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly171717 View Post
    Im on khyber too my toons name is kellyssss and thank god i read the forums to know what kind of $%&$#@*&^ are out there. Insert

boot here and you can remind me to squelch you and any one who thinks that what you are saying is ok or the standard norm on khyber.

i have never nor will i ever run in a group with you. Good luck with your grind and when you and your friends are done doing whatever

bye.

remind me not to play with people like you when I do play on khyber.

The main thing that op is saying is just, ya know, play the game.

She/he/it doesn't say dont die or must be a better player then she/he/it, they just say participate.

Is that really that hard?

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Standard operating procedure in my book my list is far more extensive.
    Vertabreaker On Steam
    Vertabreaker's Power Hungry Quest TR 29 Of 40
    Encourage Self Sufficiency
    Power Gamer - Meta Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by kelly171717 View Post

Kelly i am really sorry you feel this way, but after over 2 years of hard work, i dont feel like i should'nt have to care a group of pikers.. i mean its not everyone that does it, and i love to join into pugs when my lvling groups aint on. and i really enjoy meeting new people. but i have have an lfm up. im all about xp per minute.
    Last edited by jayne; 02-14-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    bye.

remind me not to play with people like you when I do play on khyber.

The main thing that op is saying is just, ya know, play the game.

She/he/it doesn't say dont die or must be a better player then she/he/it, they just say participate.

Is that really that hard?

hob
    ty Hob

Community Member RedDragonScale's Avatar

I haven't seen you play Dukkie in like forever!

Thumbs up

First off i also apologise it just makes me hot to see this stuff. I ve been playing over 4 ,5 years 1 toon except a couple bank toons and

have done every quest with all sorts of groups. you take the good with the bad but youll always get to sample a new flavor. I agree on

the piker issue like carryin your own weight , not being a burden etc. But we are all new once and its people like you and me that have to

teach and lead the way so people are able to teach the next generations after us (gaming wise) i mean. You really boot ppl for not enough

hit points cmon, maybe they are new and unawares. I learn new stuff all the time from different people. I had no idea wheni pop a batch

of gold seal hires and complete a chain before i use them up i can put them in the bank and the countdown on their contract doesnt tick

down while i do a quest with a group. Isnt that great? And i wasted tons on hires by letting them tick away while im in a raid or random

pug now i get to use them fully. Just saying lots of different people have different perspectives it may relieve your boredom to try to see

the humour in things.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast