Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok look

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    The sad thing is this person is a regular here on the forums and so I'd expect better from them really.
    Really? You read what people on here post and expect better from them? Haven't been playing online games very long have you?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ttizz View Post
    Sigh, I guess it's finally time to pitch in 2cp. With today's game, many people fail to realize that each server has had it's own type of play style for a while. When when Riedra was taken from us and we were plunged into the depths of Khyber, we had to adapt quickly and our expectations have had to be raised. Over the years many of us Riedrians have had to become "hardcore players" to keep up. Now on the topic of the OP; What they are saying is that fun IS still out there, but at the moment, it is work. People work towards a goal and when you have others that make that goal more of a hassle to achieve, it becomes discerning. Once they can achieve aforementioned goal, then I believe the stress will be greatly alleviated and they can go back to enjoying the game.
    Wow, this has got to be a troll. Riedrans had to 'adapt' and become 'hardcore players' to keep up? Really?? My recollection is that rather than being surrounded by a small but extraordinarily skilled player base on Riedra, joining Khyber was like a descent into a mediocrity pit until we could all find the right people to group with.

Vallin.

<reads thread title>

<Checks server, yep Khyber...>

<reads posts by OP>

<scratches chin>

Son, if you walk like a duck, and quack like a duck, you're probably a duck...

Seriously, if one guy thinks you're a jerk, maybe it's just that guy... If a ton of people think you're a jerk... well maybe you're a jerk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThromX View Post
    Really? You read what people on here post and expect better from them? Haven't been playing online games very long have you?
    Mm, touche.

This has my vote for "best, yet lamest thread of the day".
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Community Member

Default Its a game

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    1) ask for share on a walk up quest or a quest where you have to talk to the quest giver to enter.. i.e. Gwylans.
    I often join pugs and do this for laugh. I know many others that do. Please don't kick us!

Well, if you expect all the new players to first read wiki upon joining your group, as opposed to asking you for a share, that's not being very helpful. Sharing a quest let's the new player use the in game quest guide to see where he needs to go. Is that so horrible, is it that difficult to share a quest? If you really can't be bothered with sharing a quest, don't post up on LFM, keep to your guild and your private channels and friends that know your personal rules for running and the "no share walkup" policy.

2) you join my group that is clearly listed as a FRAMING quest and the after 2 or 3 runs you suggest any other quest.
    I am assuming you mean FARMING quest? It is pretty easy to just tell said person they are free to go do that on their own. Do you really expect all party member to be silent about what they would like to do? If that is your rule, don't post an LFM, keep to your guild runs, private channels and friends that know your personal rules for running and the "do not express the quests you would like to run to the party" policy.

3) You enter MY group and then try to tell me how to run a quest.
    I admit there are many quests people know how to run better than myself. I also know how to run some quests better than others. After so many years I will listen to any suggestion on how to run a quest, if I am leading then its my option to do it that way or my way. If you are going to make the rule that no party member can offer advice on quest strategy and tactics, I suggest you again stick with guild runs, private channels, and friends that know your personal rule of "follow orders no opinions from party members allowed".

4) your lvl 10 or above and you dont have (what i feel) the hit points to be running said quest.
    Please state your min HP lvl in the LFM. You won't waste people's time that way and offend people when you kick them because they dont' meet your subjective opinion on minimum HP lvl for a quest. You will save yourself and the community a lot of hassle.

When I post an LFM, I pretty much assume that there will be a newer player join. Could be shy of HP, no CC, build wrong, not able to heal himself, whatever. Good vets can carry these players, and many times these new players get much better very quickly after getting advice on builds, tactics, gear, ED, whatever it may be that they get from the vets in the party. It is the only way the game will stay alive, is that new players brought up to speed as this game has a pretty big learning curve.

We had a first life Wiz join for ee High Road quests the other day. After quick discussion about his low HP, lack of any viable CC, the advice to him was buff, haste, and stay alive. He did just that, sure he died a couple of times but nobody is going to cry about that. I think he got some good advice about how to build for CC, what he needed to do to improve his toon, advice for his TR next life. What's wrong with vets carrying a new player through for a couple hours and showing them effective tactics, strategies, builds, teamwork, gear, etc.? Again, it is the only way the game will survive and that is if the playerbase grows and not dwindles into few vets that refuse to run with low HP newer players.

5) you join my quest and think that after 2 runs you can pike.
    It is so easy to kick a piker between runs this is not even worth mentioning on a forum.

Piker is a subjective label however. I've seen new players labeled pikers even though all they are trying to do is stay alive and learn the quest. So I try to stay flexible and not fast to judge someone a "piker".

look all i have a GREAT couple of gamers that run with me, and we will do what we can to help you lvl faster. but we will NOT do all the work.. If you join my group. do you part. thats all i can ask for.
    Seems fair, you can just put in your LFM "contribute to the party", as putting this on forums is probably only going to reach maybe 1-5% of the people that ever join your LFM.

P.S. I reserve the right to BOOT anyone i see as a non-helping party member.
    "Helping" can mean a lot of things, i.e.: helping new players learn to build their characters for today's content; helping new players identify gear that will make them more effective; helping players get flagged for quests they don't know how to flag for solo; helping players get favor; helping players get gear; helping players with quest strategies; etc. etc. etc. If any of these are in your definition of "helping" in the above statement, perhaps a look in the mirror would be "helpful"?
    RTFM on Khyber

Community Member

Default Server merge

My recollection was that at that time it was like.....50-80 total players on Riedra at any given time, sometimes less. After the merge it really did not feel any different player wise, just bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    Wow, this has got to be a troll. Riedrans had to 'adapt' and become 'hardcore players' to keep up? Really?? My recollection is that rather than being surrounded by a small but extraordinarily skilled player base on Riedra, joining Khyber was like a descent into a mediocrity pit until we could all find the right people to group with.

Vallin.
    RTFM on Khyber

Community Member

Default A few things

First off I'll agree on ONE thing you said. Don't ask for a share when you have to get into the quest via the quest giver. Man up and admit you don't know the quest or where it is. Share please most of the time is someone trying to pass off that they don't know the quest or where it's at and isn't willing to admit it.

Other than that you're way off base on a few things. I know If you're still farming quests your using an obsolete method to TR. Other than huge XP quests like Von 3, wiz king, Deleras 4, and a couple others. You're wasting your time with your coveted "XP/Min." farming the other stuff. There's way mor XP/min to be had by running E, H, and maybe N the first time one time getting full BB then moving onto another quest. The first time BB run on almost any elite run on any quest is going to be worth more XP than a 5th ish run on hard of quest XYZ. Time wise any quest that's not epic is ran rather fast these days. So XP/min is greater than bleeding out 8 runs on hard. There's a list on here that shows 85 quests that only have to be ran once on elite no H or N and you'll cap a 3+ lifer. Which kind of proves my point.

Next I've been playing non stop since March of 06 the same number of years as you have. I cut my teeth on this server in 06. I'm pretty much known on here for only pugging over the last 7 years. Most pugs I'm in I have the star. Also I've never been in a guild. So pugging is something I know a bit about. I have 18 toons all Tr'd and most are 3+ lifers. So I can assure you I have just as many Tr runs thru the rotation, if not more, than you do on your last life of a completionist.

I can also assure you that if I know a better way to run a quest faster, or for more XP/min, you can damn well bet your ass I'm going to let you know about it. If you want to boot me, that's your loss and it obviously means you're an obtuse tool if you were to boot me for making a suggestion. There will always be someone who at some point in time, will know a trick to save some time, or make something easier than what you know about one quest or another, somewhere along the way this is going to happen. The most recent example that's universal server wide would be Shroud part 2. What if the person who brought the idea over from another server to pull the mobs to south central prep them and split was in you group ans you booted him for making the suggestion? We'd still be doing it the old slow way of trying to time and prep and communicate over voice. What if we booted him out of every Shroud run because he "told you how to do the quest"?

It might be worth it to listen and open your mind every now and then instead of instictively booting someone for making a suggestion on how to run a quest. Or for that matter suggesting where you could go get more XP/min in another quest as opposed to beating a dead horse for the 5th hard run. Example most people will farm the snot out of quest xyz at level 12 when they can go run B.A.M. or the quest right next to Tempest Spine (the name is slipping my mind right now I think it's called The Path to Madness or something like that). Most people don't even know that quest exists or MORE IMPORTANTLY that it will get you almost 30K for about 12 minutes of effort (4-6 minutes with a full party that can split up and go down different corridors as others are doing the same). They'd rather bleed quest XYZ for the 7th time and get 7-8K for 9 minutes of work. I'd much rather do the above quest on E for almost 30K, then maybe H for another almost 20K, get my almost 50k. Then move to the next E quest that delivers about the same XP or even if it yeilds 20K for E and 15K for H it's stil more XP than most 5th runs on H.

I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a fork than run this junk over and over for less XP than I can get for running something different as a change of pace and get MORE XP/min in the process. Farming quests to TR up to level 20 is an obsolete/antiquated process when it comes to XP/min. At least now that there's a bravery bonus. It also proves that just because you've been here for 7 plus years WE don't know it all.
    Last edited by Beer_Dude; 02-15-2013 at 04:07 AM.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelly171717 View Post
    I learn new stuff all the time from different people. I had no idea wheni pop a batch

of gold seal hires and complete a chain before i use them up i can put them in the bank and the countdown on their contract doesnt tick

down while i do a quest with a group. Isnt that great? And i wasted tons on hires by letting them tick away while im in a raid or random

pug now i get to use them fully. Just saying lots of different people have different perspectives it may relieve your boredom to try to see

the humour in things.
    I've been playing for 7 years and I didn't know this either. TY for the info.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Machination View Post
    My recollection was that at that time it was like.....50-80 total players on Riedra at any given time, sometimes less. After the merge it really did not feel any different player wise, just bigger.
    Could be that since there were so few on Riedra we just KNEW everyone and how they played - I suppose that familiarity could have trumped skill in some way

Vallin.

Community Member

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    Could be that since there were so few on Riedra we just KNEW everyone and how they played - I suppose that familiarity could have trumped skill in some way

Vallin.
    If you think about it. Back in the Reidra days we were were more like one big guild than a server. It was rare that you went into a group and hadn't ran with one of the peeps in a different PUG earlier in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    LOL why dont you get off your high horse and calm down, then re-read my post IN FULL as I am NOT having a go at you but saying you did not mention it. Tr'ing after the 1st few lives, especialy when you Tr as soon as rehit 20 is stressfull and can lead to meggar Burn Out, I know I was there now I enjoy the game once again and can have a laugh. So Calm down Shep, get that last TR done and enjoy the game
    sorry i got worked up, but it just seems that in-game i am always defending myself and my actions over my own play style
    Proud Member Of the Guildless Guild.

Littlefoot / Jayne / Dukkie / Windowlicker / Hippychick / Merrada

Quote Originally Posted by jillie View Post
    Doesn't sound too different from Argo, really.

Hippy, we ran once (I was on a FvS named Myssie) and I had a great time. Maybe I should spend some time on Khyber again; she's about ready for a TR (or will be once she farms some tokens...)
    Myssie, i do remember you and we hope to be ready to tr again on sunday night monday day, sometime. and you are welcome anytime

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow7375 View Post
    Sorry, but I don't understand why you come to the forums with this.

You boot folks for certain reasons (and the ones you mentioned are all fine by me) and now come here with a post like that trying to apologize to them or what ? What is it ? I don't get it.

I boot folks too, but why come out here and then ask for others to confirm that what you have done is right ?
    i came to the forums as to let everyone know that im not normally this way. and i do enjoy the game to fun, but when i do end up booting people i have my reasons. not JUStT cuz im an arse

Quote Originally Posted by wyldeweeman View Post
    lol.... your only on life 17 thats why your being sooo nice... at round 25 you just post in your lfm's be perfect or go back to korthos... at bout 30 you will start to punish your rule infractors with verbal grief to make up for the last 4 freetards that joined your group that day............ and that is just the build up, cause.. wait for it.... you got other toons to work on now

trust me your being nice..... how do i know ... ask everyone ive been an a$$#o!e since my first life...
    punt em and good riddens... dont appologize on the forums
    17th on Hippychick, 5th on Littlefoot, 3rd on Jayne, and 2nd on Blurry and Littlefuzzy

Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    First off I'll agree on ONE thing you said. Don't ask for a share when you have to get into the quest via the quest giver. Man up and admit you don't know the quest or where it is. Share please most of the time is someone trying to pass off that they don't know the quest or where it's at and isn't willing to admit it.

Other than that you're way off base on a few things. I know If you're still farming quests your using an obsolete method to TR. Other than huge XP quests like Von 3, wiz king, Deleras 4, and a couple others. You're wasting your time with your coveted "XP/Min." farming the other stuff. There's way mor XP/min to be had by running E, H, and maybe N the first time one time getting full BB then moving onto another quest. The first time BB run on almost any elite run on any quest is going to be worth more XP than a 5th ish run on hard of quest XYZ. Time wise any quest that's not epic is ran rather fast these days. So XP/min is greater than bleeding out 8 runs on hard. There's a list on here that shows 85 quests that only have to be ran once on elite no H or N and you'll cap a 3+ lifer. Which kind of proves my point.

Next I've been playing non stop since March of 06 the same number of years as you have. I cut my teeth on this server in 06. I'm pretty much known on here for only pugging over the last 7 years. Most pugs I'm in I have the star. Also I've never been in a guild. So pugging is something I know a bit about. I have 18 toons all Tr'd and most are 3+ lifers. So I can assure you I have just as many Tr runs thru the rotation, if not more, than you do on your last life of a completionist.

I can also assure you that if I know a better way to run a quest faster, or for more XP/min, you can damn well bet your ass I'm going to let you know about it. If you want to boot me, that's your loss and it obviously means you're an obtuse tool if you were to boot me for making a suggestion. There will always be someone who at some point in time, will know a trick to save some time, or make something easier than what you know about one quest or another, somewhere along the way this is going to happen. The most recent example that's universal server wide would be Shroud part 2. What if the person who brought the idea over from another server to pull the mobs to south central prep them and split was in you group ans you booted him for making the suggestion? We'd still be doing it the old slow way of trying to time and prep and communicate over voice. What if we booted him out of every Shroud run because he "told you how to do the quest"?

It might be worth it to listen and open your mind every now and then instead of instictively booting someone for making a suggestion on how to run a quest. Or for that matter suggesting where you could go get more XP/min in another quest as opposed to beating a dead horse for the 5th hard run. Example most people will farm the snot out of quest xyz at level 12 when they can go run B.A.M. or the quest right next to Tempest Spine (the name is slipping my mind right now I think it's called The Path to Madness or something like that). Most people don't even know that quest exists or MORE IMPORTANTLY that it will get you almost 30 for about 12 minutes of effort (4-6 minutes with a full party that can split up and go down different corridors as others are doing the same). They'd rather bleed quest XYZ for the 7th time and get 7-8K for 9 minutes of work. I'd much rather do the above quest on E for almost 30K, then maybe H for another almost 20K, get my almost 50k. Then move to the next E quest that delivers about the same XP or even if it yeilds 20K for E and 15K for H it's stil more XP than most 5th runs on H.

I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a fork than run this junk over and over for less XP than I can get for running something different as a change of pace and get MORE XP/min in the process. Farming quests to TR up to level 20 is an obsolete/antiquated process when it comes to XP/min. At least now that there's a bravery bonus. It also proves that just because you've been here for 7 plus years WE don't know it all.

Sorry your like the chick from Gwylans.. to long winded to read.. so i relly have nothing to say here.. wheres the start quest button?

Community Member

Default Server merge

Well the server merge was done less than 6 months after release of Gianthold. I wonder if anyone at Turbine even thought about that and the odds of history repeating itself. After all, player base plummeted in the months after the first release of Gianthold!

Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    If you think about it. Back in the Reidra days we were were more like one big guild than a server. It was rare that you went into a group and hadn't ran with one of the peeps in a different PUG earlier in the week.
    RTFM on Khyber

Community Member

Default Exactly My Point

Sorry your like the chick from Gwylans.. to long winded to read.. so i relly have nothing to say here.. wheres the start quest button?
    Your not capable of seeing the forrest thru the trees. Instead of trying to learn something you'd rather be obtuse and keep banging your head into the wall doing things the older obsolete way. At the same time try to come accross as an elitist who's better than everyone else at DDO and they should worship the chance to be in your PUG.

Grats on being the self proclaimed king of DDO. Just keep in mind this is a game for nerds and geeks. Be proud that you're the bestest nerd/geek of DDO. It's a true accomplishment to tell your grandkids about.

Community Member

Default asdf

Quote Originally Posted by Machination View Post
    Well the server merge was done less than 6 months after release of Gianthold. I wonder if anyone at Turbine even thought about that and the odds of history repeating itself. After all, player base plummeted in the months after the first release of Gianthold!
    Ya it did. I think that had to do more with the 1 year of now new quests, gear, and higher levels than anything. As i still think GH is one of the best releases they've done. It's kind of why I'm glad there's free to play. It forces them to come out with new stuff to keep folks spending TP on stuff.

Community Member

Default Why bother responding?

You know you come here, post up a rant about expectations to people who hit your LFM's (which is senseless anyway since probably less than 5% of the population reads the forums), then a vet responds with the intent of providing you with some constructive criticism. If you don't like the post and can't be bothered to read and parse the input yourself, fine. Don't bother responding either.

Responding with a rude comment about someone being "long winded" just shows that you don't take the time to actually read someone's post, but yet take the time to slam them with a post of your own.

Anyway, good luck on your final life there, getting out of the TR grind might do you some good. You might be reminded that there is a community here and being respectful goes a long ways with how you are treated by that community.
    RTFM on Khyber

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast