Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok look

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    i have gave away at least 200 taps and i am always giving stuff away. up till last year the Guildless has had birthday bashes where we as a guild give and have given away billions of plat in loot and prizes.. for the last tree years we even gave away full sets of +2 tomes. so please dont come at me like that i myself have given so much to new players i have put myself into debt. i have 5 capped toons and less then 3 mill plat on all of them together. so you talking to me about giving. BLAH.. you have no clue what i give for lowbies and new players..

BTW sorry there was no Guildless event last year.. was a hectic time for me, and this year is not much better, but ill see if i can rally the gang once again for a Guildless Guild b-day event some time next month.. watch for the post!
    LOL why dont you get off your high horse and calm down, then re-read my post IN FULL as I am NOT having a go at you but saying you did not mention it. Tr'ing after the 1st few lives, especialy when you Tr as soon as rehit 20 is stressfull and can lead to meggar Burn Out, I know I was there now I enjoy the game once again and can have a laugh. So Calm down Shep, get that last TR done and enjoy the game

1) ask for share on a walk up quest or a quest where you have to talk to the quest giver to enter.. i.e. Gwylans.

2) you join my group that is clearly listed as a FRAMING quest and the after 2 or 3 runs you suggest any other quest.

3) You enter MY group and then try to tell me how to run a quest.

4) your lvl 10 or above and you dont have (what i feel) the hit points to be running said quest.

5) you join my quest and think that after 2 runs you can pike.
    Hippychick
    At least you didn't get an arti who goes in quest die by entrance then recall and drop group on ya and a fvs telling you that he'd rather finish the quest than getting conquest when he just followed your arse the entire quest not doing anything.

oh come on, ive have lots of people in my groups that will agree to what i just said, and now NONE of you want to step forward and agree here.. please!
    Common sense is usually best cloaked with humility. Not by trying to disarm the trinket of arseholery by arguing plain speech.

I've never had an issue with LFMs I put up or joined that didn't mean what you wrote implicitly. Maybe it's just me, but the 'no offense' argument usually implies offense.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly171717 View Post
    Insert boot here and you can remind me to squelch you and any one who thinks that what you are saying is ok or the standard norm on khyber.
    Hey guess what?

That's every good player on Khyber during a TR.

Enjoy.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

i have gave away at least 200 taps and i am always giving stuff away. up till last year the Guildless has had birthday bashes where we as a guild give and have given away billions of plat in loot and prizes.. for the last tree years we even gave away full sets of +2 tomes. so please dont come at me like that i myself have given so much to new players i have put myself into debt. i have 5 capped toons and less then 3 mill plat on all of them together. so you talking to me about giving. BLAH.. you have no clue what i give for lowbies and new players..

BTW sorry there was no Guildless event last year.. was a hectic time for me, and this year is not much better, but ill see if i can rally the gang once again for a Guildless Guild b-day event some time next month.. watch for the post!
    I sincerely doubt you have given billions in plat worth of loot and prizes away. Perhaps millions, tens of millions...

Anyways, it sounds like you are taking all these things too seriously... if you are doing what you say, then why are you letting these people on the forums get to you? You know what you are, you know what you have done, anonymous people flaming you on the forums don't mean anything, and you shouldn't respond in kind.

Just get back to having fun, and don't let DDO turn into too much of a job for you

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    Hey guess what?

Enjoy.
    wow you sure speak for a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by kelly171717 View Post
    wow you sure speak for a lot of people
    Doesn't sound too different from Argo, really.

Hippy, we ran once (I was on a FvS named Myssie) and I had a great time. Maybe I should spend some time on Khyber again; she's about ready for a TR (or will be once she farms some tokens...)
    Argonessen: Jhanrae, Weisen Heimer, Chaard O'Nay, Soulah, and more. Khyber: Dyzzie and Myssie for escape from Argo drama

Hippychick
    Howdy Hippychick! I know how you feel sometimes.... and if you boot somebody you have to deal with the tells....

Was just in a Tempest Spine run - clearly said know it - have FR30 and etc. Had a late comer (not all that late) - I asked over voice if they knew the way - and they clearly responded yes.

They died on the way in. Then they left the quest (released) without saying a word. I quickly booted them - and explained to the remaining that death penalties are not the worst thing - but re-entry penalties are.

Vent some more! It is a healthy thing.

It isn't too much to ask to post clear LFM instructions / expectations and it isn't too much to ask for people to read them and follow.

I find that when I personally start to grind my teeth - that is the time to take a break and switch it up. Sometimes just to hang out and spout wisecracks or helpful advice between wisecracks in the harbor or marketplace. :P
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 02-14-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

Sorry, but I don't understand why you come to the forums with this.

You boot folks for certain reasons (and the ones you mentioned are all fine by me) and now come here with a post like that trying to apologize to them or what ? What is it ? I don't get it.

I boot folks too, but why come out here and then ask for others to confirm that what you have done is right ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    Hey guess what?

Enjoy.
    Now now, mate. i wouldn't say that's entirely true... I know I like to give Das Boot even when i'm not TRing... o wait.. you said good players.. gotcha.

To the OP. Your party, your rules. No need to justify your decision to anyone but yourself and maybe your guild. But IMO, i see nothing wrong with your list of reasons. And if you explain your actions to those booted, all the more respect to you.
    Roldon - L16 Whirling tempest of gimp.. now TR3'd for extra super double gimp : Lauralis - L22 FvS: Roldocron - L20 ArchFail : Roldobot - L20 LotB FvS: Roldyn - L21 Rogbarian, i can has disable.. after i find trap with face... : Roldyne - L20 Bardouge, i can has disable... after someone else finds trap with face... Proud gimp of BeiberLu.. i mean Wanderlust

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

I can understand almost all of it except for the piking hate ,,, piking is a skillful playstyle often underappreciated. Really, this level of rejection is hurtful and will only have a chilling effect on the entire piking community. I think you should reconsider. Perhaps it is just that you had a bad run of 'psuedo pikers' who smear the name of true pikers everywhere. Give it another shot - in fact - I will be happy to jump in your next group to show what a true piker can do!
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

I'm a newish player and ran a lot of quests with hippychick, I don't see any problem with him expecting common sense in his groups.

It's not even a question of being a skill player, there were a lot of things I didn't know about this game and still don't know, but if people are bashing him for expecting this you should probably go play tetris or something.

He never had a problem with me asking what and where to go (so long as I knew where to pick up the quest, it seems ;D) and answered any question I had about the game.
    Last edited by w0rstn4m33v3r; 02-14-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    Officer of Nomadic (Khyber)

lol.... your only on life 17 thats why your being sooo nice... at round 25 you just post in your lfm's be perfect or go back to korthos... at bout 30 you will start to punish your rule infractors with verbal grief to make up for the last 4 freetards that joined your group that day............ and that is just the build up, cause.. wait for it.... you got other toons to work on now

trust me your being nice..... how do i know ... ask everyone ive been an a$$#o!e since my first life...
    punt em and good riddens... dont appologize on the forums
    Last edited by wyldeweeman; 02-14-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Rippin it up since release, dont cry you all lose once in a while....

and p.s. hordo is only a butthole when you have a full inventory..... throwing away good ish to carry his stone to the shrine
    Rippin it up since release, dont cry you all lose once in a while....

Community Member

oh come on, ive have lots of people in my groups that will agree to what i just said, and now NONE of you want to step forward and agree here.. please!
    I think their silence speaks volumes. You do know this is just a game right? If your life is that bad that a game means this much to you maybe seek some help?

Oh and BTW thanks for the funniest read i've had in a while. If your just joking for a few lols then I retract my comennt about you needing help but if you're serious it's even funnier!

Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by wyldeweeman View Post
    lol.... your only on life 17 thats why your being sooo nice... at round 25 you just post in your lfm's be perfect or go back to korthos... at bout 30 you will start to punish your rule infractors with verbal grief to make up for the last 4 freetards that joined your group that day............ and that is just the build up, cause.. wait for it.... you got other toons to work on now

trust me your being nice..... how do i know ... ask everyone ive been an a$$#o!e since my first life...
    punt em and good riddens... dont appologize on the forums
    You're not an @$$#ole. Neither is hippy. I work with old people in various stages of dying, so I've seen @$$#ole. Neither one of you qualifies. Just my 2 cp.
    --Pealea, Peawee, worldpeas, givepeas achance, and whoopea on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by wyldeweeman View Post
    and p.s. hordo is only a butthole when you have a full inventory..... throwing away good ish to carry his stone to the shrine
    thanks for the laugh while waiting (are we there yet!!)

hippy won't let me pike
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

I booted someone in an epic VoN a few weeks ago, because they died running off somewhere which wasn't where the main group and thus healers was, and without saying anything released. In my book, releasing without approval = instant boot. They then sent me a mail asking me all my toon names so they could avoid me. The sad thing is this person is a regular here on the forums and so I'd expect better from them really.

As far as Hippychick, back when I was a stupid little first lifer on my first toon, I have memories of them getting me through most of the VoN flags, or DQ flags or somewhere around that range. So they can't be all bad~

if you MY LFM and get booted before the quest start this is a list of the reason why.

1) ask for share on a walk up quest or a quest where you have to talk to the quest giver to enter.. i.e. Gwylans.
    2) you join my group that is clearly listed as a FRAMING quest and the after 2 or 3 runs you suggest any other quest.
    3) You enter MY group and then try to tell me how to run a quest.
    4) your lvl 10 or above and you dont have (what i feel) the hit points to be running said quest.
    5) you join my quest and think that after 2 runs you can pike.
    P.S. I reserve the right to BOOT anyone i see as a non-helping party member.
    Hippychick
    1) Sometimes, the quest giver just has a really long conversation. (But, I do agree it shows how lazy they are).

2) Sometimes, fARming can get boring and you can bounce back and forth between a couple of quests. And, they just asked..geez!

3) If you are farming, you may not be doing it very efficiently.

4) If you judge purely on HPs, you are seriously lacking any skills. Most quests don't need a lot of HPs on certain classes.

5) I guess that is your job.

PS You have the right to be an A$$. You say boot BEFORE the quest, yet several boot reasons are for AFTER running quests.

PPS You forgot
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast