Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    I wouldn't bother with a red slot. It's not getting you anything useful. For a debuffing item, is an extra 1d4 or so of element damage actually going to produce a bonus that you will ever notice?

You could put a spellpower augment into it, I suppose...but Implement bonus doesn't work on throwers, and you don't want to enchant it very much anyway. Doesn't seem worth the trouble.
    I was considering Adamantine for durability purposes, but as a the previous poster pointed out (which I thought used to be the case, but was changed), returning throwers don't take damage. The reason for the red slot was to put good DR bypass on it, thinking that some effecs require damage to be done in order be produced. I'm probably working off outdated information/memories, as the game changes all the time and it's hard to keep up. Especially when you're old like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Do I even need an Enhancement bonus crafted onto a weapon like this? After all I'm fishing for natural 20's for the Cursespewing effect, so any time that's going to proc, will be a natural hit anyway right?
    Good point, with a stated zero interest in damage, if you are only shooting for a natural 20 anyways, the +X bonus won't do anything.
    Dystopia Starchucker
    Castaspella Practiced Spellcaster
    Ought Machinist

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    I was considering Adamantine for durability purposes [...] The reason for the red slot was to put good DR bypass on it, thinking that some effecs require damage to be done in order be produced. I'm probably working off outdated information/memories, as the game changes all the time and it's hard to keep up. Especially when you're old like me.
    You could kill two birds with one stone and just go with flametouched iron.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    You could kill two birds with one stone and just go with flametouched iron.
    Yep that seems to be the logical choice now. I will use a heroic blank too, to keep the ML down in case I ever TR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12