Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    For stats, I think that it's not a bad decision to invest into Dex until you have 21 Dex, including tomes (to qualify for ISA), and then invest in Int or Str. I wouldn't invest in Con for level-ups or epic feats. 14 Con will get you to 400+ HP at level 20, if you are using items to increase your HP.

I wouldn't say that Str isnt a strong point for rogues per say, but without tomes and ISA requiring 21 Dex, Dex-based has the better damage potential if you need to decide between Str and Dex on a first life without tomes.

I think you mean Epic Destinies. These need to be bought at the shop and are something like additional Prestige Enhancements for level 20+. They add a lot in terms of versatility, damage and survivability.
    Well I'm currently rearranging stuff on the build, and I'm looking at the level 19 class feat. Considering this is a drow the character gains 10 spell resistance + the characters level, if I understand this right the character has a natural spell resistance 35. This would make a feat like slippery mind sort of useless, since it only gives a rogue a second chance to resist harmful enchantments. If I'm right enchantment resistance falls under spell resistance correct ? Another thing I was considering is to replace skill mastery with either die hard, or lightning reflexes. Die hard would auto stabilize the character, while lightning reflexes would bring the reflex save up to +20. I've also noticed at lv 21 - 25 my ability scores go up by one point automatically, is that supposed to happen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Evex View Post
    Well I'm currently rearranging stuff on the build, and I'm looking at the level 19 class feat. Considering this is a drow the character gains 10 spell resistance + the characters level, if I understand this right the character has a natural spell resistance 35. This would make a feat like slippery mind sort of useless, since it only gives a rogue a second chance to resist harmful enchantments. If I'm right enchantment resistance falls under spell resistance correct ? Another thing I was considering is to replace skill mastery with either die hard, or lightning reflexes. Die hard would auto stabilize the character, while lightning reflexes would bring the reflex save up to +20. I've also noticed at lv 21 - 25 my ability scores go up by one point automatically, is that supposed to happen ?
    spell resistance is not a saving throw, it's a different mechanic altogether. not all monsters have spell resistance, and with a level 25 drow running level 25 content, your spell resistance won't likely stop much.

slippery mind is a different thing altogether; it's an extra saving throw when you're hit by enchantments. you can benefit from both spell resistance and slippery mind at the same time, it's just an extra layer of defense. however, slippery mind is not terribly useful unless you've already got a decent chance to make your saving throw; for many rogues, that won't be the case. still, it's up to you whether you pick it up or not.

skill mastery is a special rogue feat. it can't be replaced with either die hard or lightning reflexes (and both of those are pretty lousy feat choices anyways). and if by ability scores from 21-25 you mean skills (in particular the skills you have at least one rank in), then yes, that is supposed to happen.

Posted build 2.5 in the first post. I'm actually happy with where the ability and skill points are right now. I'm still questioning the feat selection for levels 6, 18 and 19. Currently at level 6 I have sap, lv 18 I have precision, and at lv 19 I have skill mastery. Any suggestions to any feats that could replace these ?

Posted build 2.5 in the first post. I'm actually happy with where the ability and skill points are right now. I'm still questioning the feat selection for levels 6, 18 and 19. Currently at level 6 I have sap, lv 18 I have precision, and at lv 19 I have skill mastery. Any suggestions to any feats that could replace these ?
    I decided not to take Crippling Strike, but 2 skill masteries, but the other two are decent choices. Other nice options include: Power Attack, Skill Focus:UMD.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

I've decided to go with the last build I posted. The funny thing is I created the character and now have a birthday box, which gives +2 tomes. I'm not sure which one will be more beneficial, so should I take the dex, int, or con tome ?

I've decided to go with the last build I posted. The funny thing is I created the character and now have a birthday box, which gives +2 tomes. I'm not sure which one will be more beneficial, so should I take the dex, int, or con tome ?
    if you're still leveling up, probably the int tome. the other two are not time-sensitive, really; if you get them later, they'll be just as good as if you get them now (well, provided you have enough dex to qualify for your feats). the int tome, however, starts adding skill points when you get it, and does not add skill points retroactively if you get it later.

Community Member

I'm about to make a drow assassin.

This build seems to be the only one out there that is put together really well. (v2.5) (yes I do know it's a slight necro)

I am still fairly new, so please excuse me if I sound naive.

However, would anyone mind telling me why Weapon Finesse isn't taken somewhere on the build?

IT appears to be Dexterity based...

Also, if you have anything to add please do.

Your advice is much appreciated, as if your superior experience with the game.

-Dove

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

This thread predates the current Enhancement system, although the stuff I said here still basically applies. I recommend using a more recent one; see my Mechassin for one option.
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadowdove View Post
    I'm about to make a drow assassin.

This build seems to be the only one out there that is put together really well. (v2.5) (yes I do know it's a slight necro)
    Yeah this thread is definitely outdated. Check out Hassan's Assassin in my sig. It is a human assassin but you'll find suggestions for converting it into a drow at the end of the OP, as well as the pros/cons of human vs drow vs halfling.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadowdove View Post
    would anyone mind telling me why Weapon Finesse isn't taken somewhere on the build?

IT appears to be Dexterity based...
    Regarding weapon finesse, assassins apply dex to hit and damage for daggers/kukris. As long as those are the only types of weapons you intend to use, weapon finesse is not needed. With weapon finesse, however, you can apply dex to damage with any finesse weapon. This is most useful for using light maces against skeletons (dual triple positive greensteel ideally). For all other purposes, daggers/kukris will offer the most dps for an assassin with knife specialization.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12