Post Air Savant Gearlist for U17

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out an optimal gearlist for an Air Savant build. After taking a quick look at new loot i came up with this list hypotesis:

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Z.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Nice writeup.

What caught my eye is the cloak, just the best in slot for a sorc.

Belt and ring are more of a 18 to 22 lvl things imo (though my sorc at lvl 25 is using it atm), Seal of House Szind is an option as well as planar focus and twilight with set bonus.

I play an ice savant and what bugs me a little is that superior ice lore is still not available on any other item except the frozen tunic and weapon. Hoping they will buff up the Epic Silver Necklace of Prophecy and ad superior ice lore on it.
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir

You might want to consider the Reavers tablecloth for cloak. It adds +2 to all DCs so you don't have to waste slotting induvidual +2 augments and it adds int and charisma + 8.

And the Ring of the Djinn is another nice ring if you looking at lots of DR. It also combines some of the other things like 33% lightning absorb with Sovereign lightning resist (50).

Community Member

This is what I'm planning to have on my build, link in signature but will have to LR to add 3 Ench feats:

Head: Helm of the blue dragon (Green:144 PRR, Yellow: +2 Insight con)
    Necklace: Iron beads (Yellow: +7 STR/Con, Colorless: Globe of Imperial blood )
    Trinket: Planar focus for the set most likely, stats will be redundant/Litany
    Cloak: Ghost-Waking Cloak
    Belt: Calitomes' Sash
    Ring1: Calitomes' Ring slotted with 20% Heal amp
    Boots: Kundarak Delving Boots
    Gloves: GS +45 HP Gloves with +10 Concentration, +3 Con skills.
    Bracers: Greater convalescence bracers of Superior Parrying (30% Heal amp + 4 stacking to saves)
    Armor: Flawless blue dragonscale robe (Blue:Heavy fort )/Cormyrian Green Dragonscale Robe just for long fights
    Goggles: GS +5 Cha skill with Concordant Opposition
    Main Hand: Twilight, +120 Impulse, +120 Glaciation, +114 Fire in the red slot
    Ring2: +8 Con random generated ring probably, might go with a exceptional Fort or GFL Ring
    Ring 2 swap: EE Ring of the Djinni (I have the normal one and I'm already in love with the EE version, 50 Elec resistance + 15 from Air savant + Energy Sheathe from Draconic + 33% Elec absorption from ring + GS Elec absorption item makes you immune to elec damage pratically).

You are missing Heavy fort from there. It's pretty much the same as yours, I just can't see why you are using Ingot Arcanum over Twilight (it's just 6 more Implement bonus).

I might add GFL into the helm instead of 14 PRR, depends on how that works out. 14 PRR is just about a 8% damage Reduction. On a 100 hit (and in EE they hit harder), a 100 damage hit will be a 92 damage hit, not that much of a difference but it might add with the 15 DR/Evil of the cloak. Still not sure.
    Last edited by Tid12; 02-11-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purkilius View Post
    Nice writeup.

What caught my eye is the cloak, just the best in slot for a sorc.

Belt and ring are more of a 18 to 22 lvl things imo (though my sorc at lvl 25 is using it atm), Seal of House Szind is an option as well as planar focus and twilight with set bonus. [...]
    Thanks for the cool suggestion. Actually i could use as swap-able slot for my archmagi item the ring and not the belt: I can use stable the Calitome's Sash and swap after consuming the mana the House Szind ring (it gives more than archmagi). All benefit .
    Regarding the savant set, well remember that +2 max caster level is most of the time better than +30 spellpower of any kind for the signature element, so damage-wise it is almost a must.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    You might want to consider the Reavers tablecloth for cloak. It adds +2 to all DCs so you don't have to waste slotting induvidual +2 augments and it adds int and charisma + 8.

And the Ring of the Djinn is another nice ring if you looking at lots of DR. It also combines some of the other things like 33% lightning absorb with Sovereign lightning resist (50).
    Well, enchantment and evocation are the only schools i really use. Furthermore if i want to have all DCs i can simply switch to Ice One-handed scepter with superior ice lore + Wizard's Ward Orb that gives as well +2 to all DCs. It's just a little DPS penality loosing the implement spellpower , but i'd rather loose damage than survivability (ghostcloak has the DR and incorporeal 10% which seems much like vital to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    You are missing Heavy fort from there. It's pretty much the same as yours, I just can't see why you are using Ingot Arcanum over Twilight (it's just 6 more Implement bonus.
    Gloves HP are mineral so they have heavy fortification and protection +5 . I miss dexterity though, i was thinking to place it in the blue robe slot. Ingot has the superior ice lore if i recall correctly and has more spellpower implement bonus, like you say.
    Last edited by Zerkul; 02-11-2013 at 10:06 AM.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkul View Post
    Gloves HP are mineral so they have heavy fortification and protection +5 . I miss dexterity though, i was thinking to place it in the blue robe slot. Ingot has the superior ice lore if i recall correctly and has more spellpower implement bonus, like you say.
    Imho it's not worth it. With Twilight + Planar, you have the 15 Psionic bonus + 250 SP (getting rid of Eardweller and Rakhir's), 2 +120 Spell powers and 1 +114 to another one. It also has Major evo and Ench, your two main schools, without you actually needing a slot for Greater focus and leaving you with a free Yellow slot to put Dexterity/STR in. You also won't need to swap it everytime for Breath and Burst.

Blue robe has Major Arcane lore, it's enough for Ice imho.

I forgot about Mineral gloves, I should make mine with fort too. So I could actually have 2 blue slots (Helm and robe): one for GFL and the other for 14 PRR, leaving the Ring slot for Exceptional fort/ +8con and the boots for Kundarak boots or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Imho it's not worth it. With Twilight + Planar, you have the 15 Psionic bonus + 250 SP (getting rid of Eardweller and Rakhir's), 2 +120 Spell powers and 1 +114 to another one. It also has Major evo and Ench, your two main schools, without you actually needing a slot for Greater focus and leaving you with a free Yellow slot to put Dexterity/STR in. You also won't need to swap it everytime for Breath and Burst.

Blue robe has Major Arcane lore, it's enough for Ice imho.

I forgot about Mineral gloves, I should make mine with fort too. So I could actually have 2 blue slots (Helm and robe): one for GFL and the other for 14 PRR, leaving the Ring slot for Exceptional fort/ +8con and the boots for Kundarak boots or anything else.
    The staff choice is a natural consequence of the robe we want to use most of the time: i want to use the Cormyrian Green Dragonscale Robe mostly, you want to use the Blue one.

For me 10% discount is invaluable and it is a must almost always, especially if you have Epic Ring of Spellstoring: each mana clickie gets amplified in this sense.

I think i'll actually carry a double setup . I don't mind switching sometimes to your trinket+staff+robe configuration. When we finish this kind of gearlist i think i'll go play around with both and check which one makes me feel more comfortable.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkul View Post
    The staff choice is a natural consequence of the robe we want to use most of the time: i want to use the Cormyrian Green Dragonscale Robe mostly, you want to use the Blue one.

For me 10% discount is invaluable and it is a must almost always, especially if you have Epic Ring of Spellstoring: each mana clickie gets amplified in this sense.

I think i'll actually carry a double setup . I don't mind switching sometimes to your trinket+staff+robe configuration. When we finish this kind of gearlist i think i'll go play around with both and check which one makes me feel more comfortable.
    Yeah I learnt to love the 10% SP discount on the green robe. However, I don't find it absolutely necessary with 4k SP already. There are some quests where I'd wear it (e.g. Fall of Truth, maybe in Detour EE, Outbreak/Overgrowth) but with Twilight + Planar set + Blue dragonscale/Helm set there is a gain of 30 Spell Power plus the various Spell powers.

Of course I'm gonna carry both of them, haven't tried eGH yet so the discount might come in handy but I think I will mostly use the Blue robe + Planar set. 10% discount on 4k SP is 400 SP, 1 Major mana pot and 1 pot isn't gonna be a make-or-break.

Always imho. Green robe has still Toughness so gonna miss it.

So, is the scale set bonus to spellpower stacking with glaciation etc.?

From the description, I read it as a stacking bonus to universal spell power i.e. potency. Not meaning to de-rail; I think it's pertinent to the gearing question.

Quote Originally Posted by knockcocker View Post
    So, is the scale set bonus to spellpower stacking with glaciation etc.?

From the description, I read it as a stacking bonus to universal spell power i.e. potency. Not meaning to de-rail; I think it's pertinent to the gearing question.
    Technically universal spellpower should stack with glaciation (artifact and psionic are the only bonuses right now): click xacosian without CitW set bonus and feel the difference it should be visibile. I bet bluedragon robe works like the psionic bonus.

Default Teensy nitpick

Just wanted to note that you'll probably start with Rahkir's/Szind and blue helm+blue robe for the archmagi/wizardry IX and SP artifact bonus and then switch to Calitome's/other ring and green robe, switching back to blue scale for spell pen as you noted.

Also, I think the cunning trinket will always give more SP to a sorcerer than an extra charisma bracket from litany so that might be something to note for shrining.

Otherwise, looks top-end to me.
    Character Compendium