Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    If your cleric/fvs can heal only with mass heal- reroll
    If your melee can survive only because of mass heal- reroll

I wish more people would know how awesome druid's HoTs, and HoTs in general, are.
    Yeah most of my wipes are due to only casting mass heal. When I am leading a raid and I do not know the healers I tell them to use their mass cures now though I might sound rude...

Yeah the HoT´s are amazing
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir

Druids can heal.

The problem IMO is that healing abilities that "tick" at certain times don't account for spike damage.

If your group is strong and can avoid such things then you are golden.

If the content delivers much damage in unpredictable clusters and spikes then a druid may not suffice.

I admit, I may be very wrong because I don't think I've ever played with a Druid healer who had the thing down (its still a pretty new class and a very diverse class as well).

Also, a Druid's healing is a bit more subtle than a big aura burst or giant mass-heal and the Druid may not get "credit" for the healing they are doing.

As far as the mass heal thing, I use Mass-heal primarily when I want to remove other things like poison, disease or stat damage as well as heal HP damage.

In that regard, it is very helpful.

Having to take care of that stuff yourself is part of the big difference between having a FVS or Cleric healing you compared to a Bard or Druid.

Yes, players can take care of that stuff themselves.

Yes, a Bard/Druid can get around lack of mass-heal with other spells/scrolls.

It's just slower and less efficient.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chobo View Post
    So druids are not true healers, because they lack mass heal and they can't heal undead wizards.

What other thing that cleric/FVS has that druid doesn't? Why is one healing class (cleric) a true healer, but druid is not?

(Also druid scroll heals are weak)
    Druids are not true healers because they are built to do so VERY much more than just heal.
    Clerics are not true healers because they are built to do so VERY much more than just heal.
    FvS are not true healers because they are built to do so VERY much more than just heal.

The entire premise of this thread is incorrect.

Characters in each of those classes can heal just fine in a wide variety of quests and raids (as can a few other classes).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post
    They do not have mass DW or fast rezzes. [snip] If you add all the ticks of mass regen together, you will be impressed with the amount of hp you got back. AND, with all the time they saved, the druids can get CC going to control some of that incoming damage
    Quoted for emphasis. Mass regen is the best healing spell for most situations. It heals in total about the same hp as mass heal, but it keeps the party using the top half of their hp bars for more of the time.

If your raid needs more than one healer, I don't think I would take a second druid because of the way multiple hots stack, but the first is always welcome.
    Cannith: Officer of Legit
    Beyt, Varsuvius, Lucznik, Ordeith, FirebatHero, Koniec

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    Druids can heal.

The problem IMO is that healing abilities that "tick" at certain times don't account for spike damage.

If your group is strong and can avoid such things then you are golden.

If the content delivers much damage in unpredictable clusters and spikes then a druid may not suffice.

I admit, I may be very wrong because I don't think I've ever played with a Druid healer who had the thing down (its still a pretty new class and a very diverse class as well).

Also, a Druid's healing is a bit more subtle than a big aura burst or giant mass-heal and the Druid may not get "credit" for the healing they are doing.

As far as the mass heal thing, I use Mass-heal primarily when I want to remove other things like poison, disease or stat damage as well as heal HP damage.

In that regard, it is very helpful.

Having to take care of that stuff yourself is part of the big difference between having a FVS or Cleric healing you compared to a Bard or Druid.

Yes, players can take care of that stuff themselves.

Yes, a Bard/Druid can get around lack of mass-heal with other spells/scrolls.

It's just slower and less efficient.
    And it's costlier, in terms of SP.

If a Druid has specced for heals, that's one thing. Druids who are specced for other purposes are going to have a challenge healing.

Druids can't use mass heal scrolls easily (and investing in UMD takes away from other abilities), or even raise dead scrolls.

With the limited number of SP and options that don't play well with each other I don't see any point in comparing a Druid to a Cleric, perhaps to an FvS who is specced for damage and not heals.

As a secondary/back-up healer, I think the Druid is just fine.

I don't really see the point of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    And it's costlier, in terms of SP.

If a Druid has specced for heals, that's one thing. Druids who are specced for other purposes are going to have a challenge healing.

Druids can't use mass heal scrolls easily (and investing in UMD takes away from other abilities), or even raise dead scrolls.
    Can Clerics and FvS use Mass Heal scrolls easily?

Also, Clerics and FvS who aren't specced for healing will have quite a challenge healing as well.

I have been messing around with a druid/cleric - I liked the cleric advantages but also enjoyed the druid melee abilities, so I am seeing how I feel about a combination of the two...This may take some time as I am new to the game

There is nothing like a bit of stress-free slaughter to wind down after a busy day...and cake, there must also be cake.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Can Clerics and FvS use Mass Heal scrolls easily?

Also, Clerics and FvS who aren't specced for healing will have quite a challenge healing as well.
    They don't sell mass heal scrolls at vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Druids are not true healers because they are built to do so VERY much more than just heal.
    Clerics are not true healers because they are built to do so VERY much more than just heal.
    FvS are not true healers because they are built to do so VERY much more than just heal.

The entire premise of this thread is incorrect.
    I think it is about perception.

"druid is not a true healer"

and perception is completely different from reality. "dude we're not running with druid-only heals or im not coming"

i actually wanted to ask is druid SP->heal ratio that bad? I think it is on-par with cleric. Given equally geared-characters, shouldnt they heal around the same amount before depletion?

That's what I thought. I was just wondering if there were some new source of Mass Heal scrolls that I didn't know about.

Community Member

Healing is easy regardless of cleric/druid/fvs.

Click, click, *ding* (lol) click, click…

Make sure the “lol” goes over voice, that is the important part.

I have to say running in a normal group, a Druid's regeneration goes a very, very long way to keeping a party afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Fight Club Method or Full Run?
    It was full run. We had no wizzy or sorc our only CC was as bard and druid a healer. There was also a tank who grabbed agro first.
    It was "tank agroing -> bard fascinating -> others come in method, and went really smooth.
    done with no real problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    It was full run. We had no wizzy or sorc our only CC was as bard and druid a healer. There was also a tank who grabbed agro first.
    It was "tank agroing -> bard fascinating -> others come in method, and went really smooth.
    done with no real problems.
    Awesome I love hearing stories like this after hearing all the druids are gimp lines when they came out. I love my druid, he doesn't do anything quite as well as other toons but he can do them all at once.

I am going to go back to my statement about druids are not all built the same. They are not all played the same. I have both evoker and healer druids.

NOTE: My evoker druids are not as good at healing as my heal-specced ones. They are about on a par with an evoker FVS or a SS bard for the healing spectrum. My healer druids, however, are about as good as a cleric or heal-specced FVS.

If built to heal, druids make perfectly adequate healers for all but the most challenging content. But, you have to ask. No assuming someone is heal-specced. It requires communication.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

NOTE: My evoker druids are not as good at healing as my heal-specced ones. They are about on a par with an evoker FVS or a SS bard for the healing spectrum. My healer druids, however, are about as good as a cleric or heal-specced FVS.
    How much difference is there between your evoker FVS's Heal and your heal-specced FVS's Heal?

Because there isn't anything significant that you can do unless you're failing to spend the only 7 AP that matter for FvS healing. Serious question - what would you not take on an evoker FvS that you would take on a "healer" FvS?

Well, so far this life (first as a druid - caster variant ) I am not seeing a real difference in healing power between Cleric / FVs / Druid.

What I am seeing is: it most certainly is different in the way they heal.

Of course I make a really bad healer ... I have a hard time remembering to heal myself (mostly because I don't need to ). So how do you expect me to remember to heal you?

and perception is completely different from reality. "dude we're not running with druid-only heals or im not coming"

i actually wanted to ask is druid SP->heal ratio that bad? I think it is on-par with cleric. Given equally geared-characters, shouldnt they heal around the same amount before depletion?
    Druid is pretty good at healing...

But an equally geared FVS or Cleric (all three being healing specced to make this an even argument) will be better.

FVS has Mass Heal. I know people want to act like mass heal is not needed blah blah blah. Mass Heal is great.

If Mass Heal was not great...how come you do not see any popular 17FVS/3anything else or 16Cleric/4 anything else builds?

A Cleric's Radiant Servant Abilities pull them even further ahead.

That being said...I think to play a Druid as a "Healer" only is a huge mistake. Go rip things to shreds as a Wolf. Then cast Earthquake to CC those mobs...then run and Reaving Road those mobs to death.

Druid is awesome. I just don't see it as a "Healer" only.

A healer only bard is a bad toon.
    A Bard should be able to do at least 4 of the following...
    *Sing Songs
    *Crowd Control
    *Heal Heal
    *Add some melee DPS
    *Get Traps
    *Restore SP
    *Buff Party members with Hage

Druid is similar...
    Druids should be able to do at least 3 of the following
    *Melee DPS
    *Crowd Control
    *Heal others
    *Buff others
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

When I see an FvS with more than double the amount of SP than my same lvl Druid, or a Cleric with almost 150% more SP than my cleric?

Maybe if I had invested in Maximize Heals, but I took Evocation and arranged my enhancements to make low-cost spells like Sunbeam more effective.

My Druid is better at doing harm, but that's what I specced him for. I only recently started using greater vigour and mass regen as I didn't have enough spell lots. All my spontaneous casting slots are for summons, most of which I'll never use again at this level. While a cleric's spontaneous casting slots are all heals. Clerics don't have to chose as much between healing spells and other spells, they're stuck with them.

Who knows? As I progress in my Epic levels, I may get better. I haven't earned the cocoon thing.

Community Member

with all the time they saved, the druids can get CC going to control some of that incoming damage or insta-kill something that is irritating them. Clerics and FVS that heal lack that. They have to kite mobs to effect any real CC.
    *blink*
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

I have a wolf based melee/healing druid. She alone doesn't do a lot of damage , but it is the CC effects from wolf based spells + earthquake and then the nice chunk my pet who is almost always out. I've solo healed tons of high level quests , sometimes I have to pay extra attention to the ones with lower healing amp or 'weaker' saves. But when you don't have to... Cast a single spell every 10 seconds , makes healing way easier and you can do more stuff in battle.

The primary reason I think people don't think of druids as capable healers is the whole 'lack of Mass heal.' There are only a tiny handful of quests where I think it would be great...I'll tell you one 'Don't drink the water' the reason... It cures the dragon's dot!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast