Default "Caught in the Lag"

I am fully aware about 'DDO lag issue'.
    I know that it gets worse and worse and it's hard to do something about it (or is it?).

But this isn't even ridiculous - it's pathetic what's happening now on all servers.

After nearly two hours we did CitW raid. I don't think i will handle more raids like this.

Is there a chance that devs will grow some balls (EDIT: with all do respect) and do something about it? Or shall we just buy popcorn and watch party wipes all day?

Last edited by Tinman.pl; 02-03-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    And that was without even a single drop of rum.

Orien player. Main: Youuta - pretty much everything so far, Mamoru - shiradi wiz, Salhad - rogue and more.

Definitely my last citw run in the weekend ... -_-

Where is my kill count? =(

Community Member

did you happen to /loc to find the instance you were in? alot of times i2049-2050 are horribly laggy due to poor design.

also, I have noticed if 1 person is lagging it can effect the entire group bug is back in force again.

If you run with folks that all have good rigs/net connects, you will experience crippling lag much less. I guess its time for ISP/GPU checks to join LFM's....

I think that I am going to begin a campaign of DAILY bug reports. With any luck and some community backing, perhaps these daily bug reports will start generating some metrics for them to a degree that they will no longer be able to ignore these performance issues.

Stay tuned for a couple of threads from me in an effort to track and bug report these performance issues.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    did you happen to /loc to find the instance you were in? alot of times i2049-2050 are horribly laggy due to poor design.
    CitW does not use the i2049 series. So that workaround doesn't apply.

Lagwise, I've had much better luck with the 4pm EST dailies than the 8pm dailies. But there seems to be one place in particular where lag hits, sometimes gamestopping restarting level lag: where the driders and a mass of archer-spies and mistresses spawn. Same place almost every time. Only a matter of degree.
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

The lag is definitely spreading to other instances.

I was in i2055 for a litany and was unable to move for the better part of 5-10 minutes. We were in the doomsphere fight and somehow managed to finish it, but the lag was ridiculous.

It used to be you could usually expect to be in i2049 or 2050 for lag, but it's *everywhere* now.

It's a good thing you didn't allow that gimpy rogue who died 6 times to complete.

This way, she* could witness a normal wipe caused by lag today, at around 6pm EST.

A bug report was written, and an automated "Thanks for reporting this lag, your help is appreciated" message was sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicstorms View Post
    Where is my kill count? =(
    Over 9k, iirc.

*Actually, the ranger wiped today, not the rogue. Gimps anyway!
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    But there seems to be one place in particular where lag hits, sometimes gamestopping restarting level lag: where the driders and a mass of archer-spies and mistresses spawn. Same place almost every time. Only a matter of degree.

Curious if the degree of cripple-lag is lower with groups only running 'top end rigs/ISP's', since this spot seems like a static lag inducing area.

Community Member Sunarch_Kunari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman.pl View Post
    (EDIT: with all do respect)
    Oh, the giggles.
    Khorgain (Orien) - Nearc (Orien) - Sunarch (Khyber)
    Quote Originally Posted by danzig138 View Post
    I want a small planetary system orbiting around my cranium.
    Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Congratulations, you made a high priestess into a heretic - here's your XP.

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    Curious if the degree of cripple-lag is lower with groups only running 'top end rigs/ISP's', since this spot seems like a static lag inducing area.
    It's not. My Internet connection is a 50 Meg FIOS connection. My rig is running Win 7 64bit, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, Samsung 256GB SSD, and an Intel Core i7-3770 3.50 GHZ CPU. The lag is just as crippling on this rig as it is on a lesser system my wife plays on. I moved from a house with a Comcast 30 Meg connection. The lag has not changed.

I even get it when soloing instances.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Completionist Sorceror XVIII
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

Are you saying you had lag bounce?

Lag bounce is a state of where we are and then we get teleported, (Teleported after hitting 3 to 7 hot keys and get nothing in return), and to find out that we hate the game for letting us hit hot keys, engage an enemy, then BAM! We are lead to think we just killed an enemy, but then a HUGE let down, because the game cannot keep up! Even though the cool down says we did!
    Last edited by Zorth; 02-09-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Since when DDO has lag?

I joined a group, which already had 155 deaths.
    Easy completion for me, died just 2 times, lag never hit us, no lag at all, it doesn't exist.
    Thanks for a free chest and those Heroic Deeds at end reward

Community Member

We had a terrible time in the End of the Road quest this weekend. It was like we were all in separate instances as we weren't able to rez one another... It was sooo strange. At one point everyone had multiple soul stones belonging to themselves.