Community Member

Default How do u stack a Damage Over Time spell?

To answer my question please from another thread.

From what I can tell the first cast should be max damage and stacking it after 1st can be min damage min sp but still give a max damage result triple stacked? And u just keep casting minimally to keep it going?

Does that go for wearing a lore item too? So after the first cast with lore on as long as I keep the DOTs going I can take off my lore item and even some spell power items??
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

you have it backwards. the last casting spell power overrides the previous ones.

if anything, you want the first two times to be without metamagics, then use metas on the third.

For dots you just need to cast it before the 16second timer runs out and that will put another counter.

If you are like me and just leave metas on when you get to the 3rd tier it can be 3-4 times stronger than just tier 1.

I cast recast them as soon as they are off cooldown and then watch the examine screen for when timer gets to 3 seconds and recast.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

For best sp management, leave the meta's off for the first two stacks and use the fully meta'd cast on the last stack(and subsequent stacks). Many people have multiple hotkeys, one for un-meta'd and another for meta'd.

Another thing that helps in DoT timing is locking the examine window. There is a button in the corner of it that locks it. So you can even switch targets and you can watch the DoT tick for re-application.
    Bhask the Unseen 21 Rog(tr 3), Tangoh 15 Barb(tr life 3),Domand d'Jorasco 18/2(tr4 )sorc/paly BF, Nilock 20(tr life 3), Domandi 20/8 1st life shuriken thrower.

Lancashire UK - Keeper Refugee, Played since beta

1 Spell
    2 Spell
    3 MAX/EMP/SPELL
    4 MAX/EMP/SPELL
    5 etc
    Dex - Leader - THΣ ЏΠΣΔЯТΗΣÐ ΔЯСΔΠΔ
    I don't do serious, it no fun