Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Ill answer these:

Yes aoe can proc shiradi. Only on initial cast or re-entry of the aoe spell. Best to kite mobs thru them constantly while throwing other spells.

Yes, spellpower does affect shiradi damage. The spellpower used to determine the dmg is the same as the proc. For example, if you throw magic missle and proc necrotic cloud it will use negative energy spellpower not force. Same goes if you were to throw a firewall and proc the 7% force dmg it would use force spell power not fire. Now to add to this, although it may seem a bit confusing, is the crit chance. All shiradi procs have a chance to crit for more damage. This differs in spellpower in that the shiradi proc crit chance is determined by the spell that procced it, not the proc itself. For example if i throw magic missle and proc absolute zero, it will use cold spellpower to determine the damage, but it will use my force crit enhancements/gear to determine if each tick will crit for more damage. Hope this is clear.

Yes metamagics affect shiradi procs. Keep in mind if you have your metamagics turned off when you cast a spell the shiradi proc will do less damage than if you had your metamagics. So finding balance between mana conservation and damage you want is never ending. Still to note: keep all metamagics on for the cheap SLA's.

Also note: most shiradi casters max force since those spells produce the most procs and there is a tasty tier 5 shiradi ability that procs force damage.

Hope all this helps and sorry of the long stuff!
    Thanks teth.

Out of curiosity, do you know how it works for meteor swarm? Which spell lore boosts crit chance of shiradi procs, and is it 8 procs or 4 procs?

Community Member

off topic but does anyone know if metamagics affect procs when using ranged weps?

Community Member

As far as I can tell it does not as there is no parent spell from which to inherit the properties. Could be wrong, haven't extensively tested specifically.

this is a very exciting ED. I've dusted off my long banked ranger/wizard spellsword. I'm currently lvl 19. I want wait to access Shiradi.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaga View Post
    Based on your underlined comments then, am i right in assuming that instead of the standard 7/1/1 that many casters use to buff their direct dmg nukes, if you want to max shiradi damage, you should go 1/5/5?
    Theory aside, 1/5/5 is not possible, is it?
    No longer reading the Forums.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    On mine I tend to max the whole force line crit and potency, take 1 tier in spell power of everything else, get the bare minimum in archmage for chain missle, all other points are in efficient metamagic max, emp and quicken for cheap nuking.
    I might be a little late on this but from my own experience it is MUCH MORE (and I mean it) effective to just boost up the damage of spells instead of efficient metas. Id start with boosting the ones that procs the most (fire, sonic, force) then the less (ice, acid). As someone mentioned before the more you cast = the more CC = the better.

So now you will be casting for about the same damage (maybe more but maybe less), only difference is that you won't waste as much SP and add more CCs cause you won't need to hold back at all. That's how I see it.

I'm playing a human 18/2 sorc/pal and can solo some eeGH atm without pots (maybe 1 or 2 depending on procs) because of that. I think what makes those shiradi oriented builds shine is to have mobility + crazy firepower that last forever.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    I might be a little late on this but from my own experience it is MUCH MORE (and I mean it) effective to just boost up the damage of spells instead of efficient metas. Id start with boosting the ones that procs the most (fire, sonic, force) then the less (ice, acid). As someone mentioned before the more you cast = the more CC = the better.

So now you will be casting for about the same damage (maybe more but maybe less), only difference is that you won't waste as much SP and add more CCs cause you won't need to hold back at all. That's how I see it.

I'm playing a human 18/2 sorc/pal and can solo some eeGH atm without pots (maybe 1 or 2 depending on procs) because of that. I think what makes those shiradi oriented builds shine is to have mobility + crazy firepower that last forever.
    Edit: I keep maximize and empower only for the magic missles from Wiz PL and SLAs but i'm really thinking about dropping empower for more sp/hp so I can twist more saves

Also too early in the morning... sorry for the double post

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    Edit: I keep maximize and empower only for the magic missles from Wiz PL and SLAs but i'm really thinking about dropping empower for more sp/hp so I can twist more saves

Also too early in the morning... sorry for the double post
    I dropped Empower to take Epic Toughness.

I don't miss it at all.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by MnaSidhe View Post
    Theory aside, 1/5/5 is not possible, is it?
    It's not and it doesnt make sense. What teth said is correct from what I can tell but I think Iaga misunderstood this.
    For max. damage you want the force crit. line maxed out (most of your procs come from force spells adn therefore you will see more crits on those procs for all elemental damage procs).
    For the damage of the procs itself you just want the spellpowerline of the elements. No real need for the critlines. Critchance comes from your forceline (unless you cast another spell than MM/FM/CM)).

My Sorc looks like this:
    - Maxed out force line (Spellpower and crit line)
    - Maxed out lightning (for Air Savant 3)
    - Tier 7 Fire, Repair, Cold Spellpower (and some crit in cold for Niacs)
    - No Acid (is there something good in shiradi that does acid damage?)
    - Pre Reqs for Savant, Warforged Inscribed Armor, some toughness etc.
    Last edited by Eth; 03-05-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    I dropped Empower to take Epic Toughness.

I don't miss it at all.
    You seem to have played quite a bit around with the toon.
    What is your tier 4 twist? I used to twist the big draconic aoe burst but I switched to reduce 15% cooldown on evocation school and find it much better. I can chain cast meteor swarm and chain missile non stop when needed.

And yea I dropped empower too earlier today, went for epic mental tougness (had tougness already)
    So now that frees me 1 twist spot from the 10% SP one I don't need to carry anymore.

One more thing, have you tried twisting tier 1 magister abilities that allows you to tumble through mobs (add 6 reflex to that). It's awesome, most of the mobs are so slow you can spam spells, wait till they get close, tumble through... makes it a bit different than using wings. Good fun and the glowing effect rocks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12