Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Hey Devs: What the heck happened to Trapmaking?

Trapmaking is a huge joke in this game, and literally has ZERO uses (although I feel like someone somewhere has probably used noisemakers for something, not enough to justify the whole system).

I mean I'm always collecting these useless trap parts that fill up my ingredient bags (SO ANNOYING) and there's literally nothing to do with them.

I don't know if Rogues need the boost but Arty's might in end game so why don't you make some interesting expanded Epic recipes? It wouldn't take much, just more mats higher DC, and more damage or effects.

It's a really cool potential system that adds to crafting but right now it's just a waste.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

This is how anything in this game works.
    They got cool idea, they release partially finished system, and abandom it after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    They got cool idea, they release partially finished system, and abandom it after a while.
    Even this "mindless" fanboi has to 100% agree with this...

This game is chock-full of unfinished projects.

Still fun though... Imagine how awesome this game would be if the devs ever followed through on something!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Even this "mindless" fanboi has to 100% agree with this...

This game is chock-full of unfinished projects.

Still fun though... Imagine how awesome this game would be if the devs ever followed through on something!
    lol so true.

Stone of change crafting - pretty much forgotten

Epic Augments 1 - nm, lets start a new system

Guild Augments - nm, lets start a new system

PrEs - nm, we're working on a new system

Cannith crafting - pretty much forgotten by the devs

Guild levels and titles - pretty much forgotten by the devs

Guild ship buffs - "we will get back to adding higher level ship buffs once guilds start getting over 70"...forgotten

MyDDO beta - speaks for itself

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    lol so true.

Guild ship buffs - "we will get back to adding higher level ship buffs once guilds start getting over 70"...forgotten

It's actually pretty depressing when you put it that way =/

This game would be so different if all of those things had been finished...

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    The last Dev activity I can recall on player-made traps was when they took away the ability to put them down in public and use them like stairs. Please note that this was also taking away the only practical use traps ever had.

I wanted to like making traps, I really did. And I tried to find a use for them, I really did. But - they were nothing but a disappointment from day-one. I almost feel like the Devs got tired of seeing the headline in the Suggestions & Ideas forum of "Let Us Make Trapz!", and did as little as possible to make it seem like at least a halfhearted effort went into putting traps in the game, then forbade the topic from coming up at morning meetings from that point hence.

They really suck. Did I mention that?
    Lol I forgot about that... Stairway to Velah haha

Founder

lol so true.

Yep, very sad

lol so true.

MyDDO beta - speaks for itself ...when it works...
    Fixed this one for you...
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Even this "mindless" fanboi has to 100% agree with this...Imagine how awesome this game would be if the devs ever followed through on something!
    This will be the only time I ever say this - I agree with thrudh.

EDIT: Whoa - I need to lie down a bit.
    Last edited by fco-karatekid; 02-10-2013 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Yup.

That is classic system team. They constantly make unfinished systems which are abandoned on the live servers.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Doesn't matter how fun or interesting something in the game is, it will get ignored by players if it doesn't help zerg faster. Why bother setting traps when most would just zerg past them to finish the quest that much faster on their way to farm or TR? Heck, most players just run through enemy traps anyway. It's a neat system, but why waste development time on something players will ignore anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by tfangel View Post
    Doesn't matter how fun or interesting something in the game is, it will get ignored by players if it doesn't help zerg faster. Why bother setting traps when most would just zerg past them to finish the quest that much faster on their way to farm or TR? Heck, most players just run through enemy traps anyway. It's a neat system, but why waste development time on something players will ignore anyway?
    Hence why they created spell wards, which slow you at the same time as damage/poison.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Quote Originally Posted by tfangel View Post
    this is true. there was a thread recently that the 5 second search for a trap was too long and people wanted it shortened. if people cant wait 5 seconds for a search, another 5 seconds for a disable (which may or may not include switching gear) than a group cant wait the time it takes to place a trap for mobs.

trapmaking seems to be more for a rogue who solos and if the rogue actuallys puts use to it. do rogues zerg? sneak zerg?

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    this is true. there was a thread recently that the 5 second search for a trap was too long and people wanted it shortened. if people cant wait 5 seconds for a search, another 5 seconds for a disable (which may or may not include switching gear) than a group cant wait the time it takes to place a trap for mobs.

trapmaking seems to be more for a rogue who solos and if the rogue actuallys puts use to it. do rogues zerg? sneak zerg?
    Instead of traps, give rogues and artificers the ability to create a wide variety of grenades, which can be used as throwing weapons, or in turn used in recipes to create magical ammunition for bows and crossbows, if desired. I can see grenades being used by rogues when sneak attacks aren't practical against some mobs.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to see epic traps in EE content, where fighting mobs in small groups and doing as much damage as you can while taking as little damage as possible is paramount.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    Instead of traps, give rogues and artificers the ability to create a wide variety of grenades, which can be used as throwing weapons
    Well, until they give us the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, at least we have these. My Rogue and Artificer uses all 3 types of the major ones in EN and EH very successfully.

Instead of traps, give rogues and artificers the ability to create a wide variety of grenades, which can be used as throwing weapons, or in turn used in recipes to create magical ammunition for bows and crossbows, if desired. I can see grenades being used by rogues when sneak attacks aren't practical against some mobs.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to see epic traps in EE content, where fighting mobs in small groups and doing as much damage as you can while taking as little damage as possible is paramount.
    It might be interesting if your artificer or rogue could make a summon tool (like the Snow Elemental Gem, The Mabar Gems, or the Cove Gems) that brought out different types of Iron Defenders for a time. You could use mechanical parts and then there are different recipes using the other trap parts. It would even be thematic.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    It might be interesting if your artificer or rogue could make a summon tool (like the Snow Elemental Gem, The Mabar Gems, or the Cove Gems) that brought out different types of Iron Defenders for a time. You could use mechanical parts and then there are different recipes using the other trap parts. It would even be thematic.
    ZOMG, yes! That would be so cool, to make summoned pets out of parts. For a rogue, it would be the perfect agro diversion.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

You mean like Pokeballs?

Community Member

It's not only that they're worthless as is, but it's a matter of convenience also. In terms of ingredients, it's overly complex- it's not just essences and parts that you pick up automatically, but having to buy scrolls and bottles. And it's nowhere near a bank or scroll vendors, so it's out of the way on top of everything.
    At least with cannith crafting you can make those nifty petrify runestones.

That would be cool, as long as they didn't spam grease.

OOH! OOH!

I can make explosive-tipped bolts and arrows with my Arti? Pleeeeeeeeze?
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    there was a thread recently that the 5 second search for a trap was too long and people wanted it shortened.
    Wow, just wow.

P.S. Please shorten bard songs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast