Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by delsoboss View Post
    You mean like Pokeballs?
    Nothing as powerful as capturing a monster and then leveling it up as you go, though it would be nice if they sometimes had attacks that were super effective.

The gems from the events are only CL 10, with CL 15 coming from the Mabar Items. The Snow Elemental Gem has no ML, the Cove Gems are ML 4, and the Mabar CL 15 item is ML 8. They aren't really all that powerful, and they would be fairly useless once you got up around time to run the Shroud (if not sooner). They would, however be something useful for lower level Rogues and Arties to spend trap parts on. Or pass to lowbie alts.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

I'd like to see web grenades, slow grenades, blade traps, dog traps...

A dog trap is a trap hidden in my artificer's dog that does off when it does, damaging the foes surrounding it. THAT would be useful~

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    no, that definitely would be broken.

let's suppose a quick gear swap brings your int high enough to have a +7 mod (i don't think that's unreasonable, but YMMV).

now, let's add 23 ranks, 20 competence item 5 epic levels, 4 greater heroism, 3 enhancement item, 2 rogue skill boost.

we'll stop there, but if we were to add every possible buff (like +4 for enhancements, up to +5 from skill boost instead of +2, +2 from bard song, +1/2/3 exceptional from greensteel item, +3 alchemy from collectible pots, etc) it can get pretty ridiculous.

so far, you'd be up to 57 DC just from that. that's with basically no sacrifices made whatsoever. do you have any idea what a wizard has to give up just to get that DC in a single spell school? and that is with very little investment.
    not really, each type of trap would take up a slot in inventory
    they're consumables
    you can't boost the damage
    you can't boost the caster level on the duration of CC traps
    takes time to set them, and you get interrupted if damaged while setting

damage will be nowhere near what casters can do
    cc will be nowhere near as long as casters
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    there was a thread recently that the 5 second search for a trap was too long and people wanted it shortened.
    Wow, just wow.

P.S. Please shorten bard songs

Community Member

It would be nice if we actually got trap parts from bear traps and spell wards as well.

I have never gotten a trap part from either. Not on my rogue, not on my artificer.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    It would be nice if we actually got trap parts from bear traps and spell wards as well.

I have never gotten a trap part from either. Not on my rogue, not on my artificer.
    I'm sure i got fire, magical and unholy trap parts from Spell Wards in EN-EH MotU quests.

Need to check bear traps to be 100% sure but i remember getting mechanical parts from them.

On my assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    This is how anything in this game works.
    They got cool idea, they release partially finished system, and abandom it after a while.
    Yup.

That is classic system team. They constantly make unfinished systems which are abandoned on the live servers.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

I'm sure i got fire, magical and unholy trap parts from Spell Wards in EN-EH MotU quests.

Need to check bear traps to be 100% sure but i remember getting mechanical parts from them.

On my assassin.
    I get parts from wards all the time. Can't recall with certainty on bear traps... I don't THINK I do from bear traps, though.

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    I get parts from wards all the time. Can't recall with certainty on bear traps... I don't THINK I do from bear traps, though.
    For some reason I only get fire trap parts now regardless of what kind of trap I disable. Anyone else experiencing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    For some reason I only get fire trap parts now regardless of what kind of trap I disable. Anyone else experiencing this?
    You get fire trap parts in addition to the other parts, but you see only the fire parts on screen. Check general and youll see the others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    You get fire trap parts in addition to the other parts, but you see only the fire parts on screen. Check general and youll see the others as well.
    No kidding? Thanks, I'll check on that!

Community Member

let us make bear traps with a shorter set up and cool down. i know a lot of time my artty would love to set up a cc to slow uncoming mobs.

Community Member

On my assassin.
    Maybe I am just unlucky on the spell wards, but I spent a day checking for parts from the bear traps, I specifically went looking for them, and I got zero parts from any. I must have disabled a few hundred. To be sure I even checked how many parts I had before I started and compared them after each disable, they never went up. I am 100% sure that I have not received any parts from bear traps, either in King's Forest, in quests, or anywhere else.

I haven't done the same methodical thing with spell wards, so it is possible I have just been either unlucky or didn't notice parts.
    Last edited by MrkGrismer; 02-13-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by carll78 View Post
    Well... The only good reason I see to keep those trap parts is to be able to craft Shards of Masterful Craftsmanship .

For example you can take 25 Fire Trap parts + 25 Sonic Trap parts + 1 Mark of House Cannith and bingo!

Why use Greater Essence or Lesser Essence to make those while those useless Trap parts can be used ?
    Wow.. That's awesome, I had no idea this worked.. Thank you!
    Now I have a use for that junk! Woot!
    +1
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    Maybe I am just unlucky on the spell wards, but I speny a day checking for parts from the bear traps, I specifically went looking for them, and I got zero parts from any. I must have disabled a few hundred. To be sure I even checked how many parts I had before I started and compared them after each disable, they never went up. I am 100% sure that I have not received any parts from bear traps, either in King's Forest, in quests, or anywhere else.

I haven't done the same methodical thing with spell wards, so it is possible I have just been either unlucky or didn't notice parts.
    what's your build?
    in order to get trap parts, you have to have the trapmaking feat
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    not really, each type of trap would take up a slot in inventory
    they're consumables
    you can't boost the damage
    you can't boost the caster level on the duration of CC traps
    takes time to set them, and you get interrupted if damaged while setting

damage will be nowhere near what casters can do
    cc will be nowhere near as long as casters
    the damage ones are pretty lousy (i think they should be boosted by wand and scroll mastery, personally, but that's neither here nor there).

the CC ones will do just fine. web is a set duration, for example. as is charm, and i think hold... in any event, the number of save attempts over time will lead to those traps lasting longer.

most important is just how much DC you could squeeze out of a spell trap that way. if it was just based on straight disable skill, it would be way too good. an almost-guaranteed CC effect is a very powerful thing, ask any bard.

Community Member

I like traps. My solo rogue uses them all the time to weaken groups of mobs. She can sneak in, set one, leave, have it go off, sneak in and set another if she wants.

Not much use in a group. They just take too much time for too little returns.

Quote Originally Posted by emtp View Post
    let us make bear traps with a shorter set up and cool down. i know a lot of time my artty would love to set up a cc to slow uncoming mobs.
    I agree. Bear traps are pretty much like Web but for 1 mob. Give it a higher DC than the web trap and boom, done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Quote Originally Posted by tfangel View Post
    Doesn't matter how fun or interesting something in the game is, it will get ignored by players if it doesn't help zerg faster. Why bother setting traps when most would just zerg past them to finish the quest that much faster on their way to farm or TR? Heck, most players just run through enemy traps anyway. It's a neat system, but why waste development time on something players will ignore anyway?
    This is a sad truth and very unfortunate. The DDO developers and in part the players demands (to be fair) have decided that the true D&D system of class roles in parties is a hinderence and an anti-zerging manuver.

DDO has taken steps to make the inclusion of rogues and clerics into parties an option. As a result traps in quests are pretty much optional to disable if only as a result to get some extra XP for those that even care about it. There are a very few quests that have a trapped optional where the trap must be disabled or a high open lock chest or door that can only be opened by a rogue. These are good things but minimal.

Most quests on Heroic Elite (generally for levels 01-20) and quests on Epic Elite (generally for levels 20-25) should have mandatory traps to disable or doors to open that is rogue/artificer skill level to bypass. In addition DDO has to create incentives unique to the trapsmith classes in regards to their trap disabling and/or trap making as an idea. Their DPS is fine and does not need further applification. Other ideas on this are very welcome.

In addition clerics/favored souls are the games supreme healers and to not have most elite (heroic or epic) quests need them to help keep a party alive is just anti-D&D in my opinion. In the same light as mentioned in the rogue suggestions there needs to be something done here.

In summary these ideas will help to enhance the game experience for most players as DDO is in my opinion a different kind of MMO than others. I know many will say that DDO is not D&D but it is themed after it and some incentives need to be made to utilize all characters abilities.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    No, I get various parts.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast