Default Help with Druid build

I have my original character that is a 28 point level 20 pure wizard. He was built when the cap was just raised to 12. I ground (read "had guildies drag me to") him to 20 and now want to TR him into a Druid. I hear that with PL wizzy I would probably be better served going the caster route. Anyone druid savvy who can point me toward a build link on here? Any advice on the level of "don't do this cause I did and regretted it" appreciated as well.
    Dungeon Alert and difficulty scaling killing LFMs since 9-1-2009.

Community Member

Well there are tons of Druid builds so knowing what you want to do and why you did not enjoy the Wiz life would help.

PL wiz is nice but it shouldnt be the reason to choose a playstyle.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    Well there are tons of Druid builds so knowing what you want to do and why you did not enjoy the Wiz life would help.

PL wiz is nice but it shouldnt be the reason to choose a playstyle.
    I enjoyed the wizard life, but the game is NOTHING like it was then (in 2007). Nerfs and changes and nerfs have basically rendered it beyond playable (or salvagable), and all its gear obsolete. I have actually rolled up a new wizard and TR-ed it to wizard again and am working on EDs there. I just don't want to grind out TR XP and not end up with a good build and have to buy another heart.
    I know there are a TON of builds out there. I am looking for one that makes the most of the PL, and with multiple discussions with guildies who know my playstyle it sounds like that is a caster type build. I was hoping for a few people throwing out some ideas on builds they play/like and narrowing the field to a few choices. I just don't want to randomly pick one from the masses and find out by level 15-16 that "everyone knows that build is no good", or "you wasted your PL because...". Not afraid to multi-class, I have access to tomes and gear, and I have 6 other characters that are level 21+. 2 hybrid melees (first lifers one is button masher blitz build/other big dumb swinger barb), a wizzy (TR21), a hurtlocker self sufficent trapper-melee(TR level 25), a Favored soul (TR23), and a bard (first lifer). So a druid and a monk are really two things I am missing. Rolling my wizzy into a druid (when I find a build) and my cleric into a monk (when he gets to 20).

Do you have caster Druid build(s) that make use of PL wizzy viable at current end game? Any help sorting through and finding a good build or 3 to choose from would be great!
    Dungeon Alert and difficulty scaling killing LFMs since 9-1-2009.

Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar

Here is a carefully thought through caster druid build (first post in this thread):

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=390912