What changes would YOU make to improve / update guild airship amenities?
My very small (6 person) guild just recently hit level 55 and we upgraded to the Stormglory Tempest airship. Very nice ship, and I'm loving the additional hookpoints. But as I was filling up the ship, I started to realize that for the most part, the available amenities are rather limited. I don't expect my guild will ever get to the level 80 or 85 ship (the renown requirements and decay are way too high for a 6 person guild to get there), but from the perspective of ship amenities, there doesn't even seem to be any need for a better ship. For instance:
Stormglory Tempest has 9 crew points. There is really no need to ever get more. Right now, we have every single crew available, except for the planescaller, because we are too low a level. Even if we could get a planescaller, there is no need for extra crew, since the Silver Flame priest is bugged out and does nothing anyways. Just swap him out.
The ship also has 4 large hookpoints. This seems to be a bit overkill. There really are only two large amenities that I consider to be VERY useful, those being the XP shrine and perhaps the stone of change. Other than that, we added the device crafting station (rarely used, thus mostly useless), and the large guild chest (arguably even more useless, since you could just mail any item to a guildie, and the chest doesn't let you put BTA items in it. I guess the shroud altars might be nice, but are still rather unnecessary for such a small guild, and are way beyond our level at this point. It would be much better if we could use small amenities on the extra large hookpoints, but that's not possible.
Small amenities are the only area where I could see a few more being useful. Right now we have enough for all the stat shrines, pretty much everything else OTHER than the resist shrines.
Still, as I was thinking about this, I came up with a few ideas of what could be done to refresh the amenities a bit, as it seems like they are getting a bit stale.
- First, it's time to add a few more crew. The selection of available buffs is just getting a bit old. Why not add a number of other crew buffs options? Don't need ships with more crew slots, just more potential choices, so guilds have to make choices about what crew best serve their needs.
- With U14 and the power creep now in the game, as well as more easy access to +4 tomes and in some cases, even +5's, the +2 shrine buffs have fallen a bit behind the power curve. How about adding +3 shrines or maybe even +4 shrines for very high guild levels? Could also drop the level requirements for the +2's by a few levels to balance things out, as right now ALL the best amenities for a guild happen between level 57-62 more or less.
- Why not allow small amenities to be attached to large ship hookpoints?
- How about making a guild chest an actually useful item? Right now, the chest does nothing that can't already be accomplished by the in game trade window or sending an in game mail, and a large guild chest is probably the most expensive guild amenity available (just very little value for a guild in getting it). You could significantly lower the cost of this amenity, or how about considering allowing some limited trading of BtA items amongst guild members? Could even be turned into a money making item for turbine if you required a certain amount of shards to be paid for each BtA item either put in or taken out of the chest.
- Lastly, maybe a new type of hookpoint for trophies, or something like that. We now have a monster manual in the game, why not the guild equivalent of monster manual achievements. Could be some kind of trophy case, etc, that would allow various trophies to decorate the ship when the guild accomplishes certain achievements.
- While we are at it, how about reconsidering the timing and function of guild buffs. Perhaps extend the timers to 2 or 3 hours, or make the timers count down only when you are in a quest.
Anyone else with some ideas to share?