Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

[QUOTE=Syrrah;4893003]

A bad cleric does not watch red bars, forgets to turn on his aura, does not have the DCs to do any real casting etc. A hireling then functions better.

Furthermore playing a "good" divine is expensive, not to be underestimated for a first toon. Buying 100 Heal, scrolls 50 raise scrolls and a bunch of wands drains your money pretty quick. My first toon was broke on several occasions.

[QUOTE]

Agree with most except the DCs bit - most Clerics have no hope of landing spells in Epic Elite due to SR, let alone DCs. That doesnt make them a bad Cleric.

Most general PuGs just want a healer - being able to CC/ Insta is just icing to many PuGgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    You can only become a good divine if you have played a melee before.
    You have this bass ackwards ( my new favourite English word ) !
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Basically any toon that fits the bill for a certain group.

[QUOTE=Ryan220;4893056][QUOTE=Syrrah;4893003]

A bad cleric does not watch red bars, forgets to turn on his aura, does not have the DCs to do any real casting etc. A hireling then functions better.

Furthermore playing a "good" divine is expensive, not to be underestimated for a first toon. Buying 100 Heal, scrolls 50 raise scrolls and a bunch of wands drains your money pretty quick. My first toon was broke on several occasions.

Agree with most except the DCs bit - most Clerics have no hope of landing spells in Epic Elite due to SR, let alone DCs. That doesnt make them a bad Cleric.

Most general PuGs just want a healer - being able to CC/ Insta is just icing to many PuGgers.
    Most new player PUG's, and far too many experienced players who honestly should know better, will not want the cleric throwing ANY spell that does not move their red bar. And they will tell them so. Repeatedly. Loudly. Using language that would have made my daddy pull out the soap.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zemuze, Zeeby

In my small personal experience... I have a lvl 9 shield fighter and a lvl 7 assassin

My Dwarf defender has never ever gotten whispered to join a group, never, ever ,ever, (but asked in guild chat occasionally).

My Drow rogue with her short swords and ninja look about her (I got this neat returning Shuriken when I did The Seal of Shan-To-Kor and keep it equipped on her when she's hanging around in the crafting hall) gets whispered again and again to run the low level packs.

btw I know the Shuriken doesn't do much damage but it's her racial exotic weapon so I use it to blow up those pesty explosive barrels. I like to role play a bit. :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123