Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default please add healing amp and exceptional fort

Could u please add healing amp and exceptional fort to the augment system.

I think ppl underestimate how goood those 2 r, u guys have done a wonderful job so far onn the augments.....but adding 10, 20, 30 healing amp, and 10 and 20 exceptional fort would be awesome.
    Azrreal / 28 completionist and epic completionist / Artificer 20
    Azrealla / 28 12 fighter / 4 monk / 4 pali
    Hoehoe / 28 ranger
    Twinkiee / 28 18 sorc / 2 pali
    Dingdong / 28 pali
    Razeall / 28 18 monk / 2 fighter

in my opinion they should add the exceptional fort to the system but not the healing amp or at most 10%, as how healing amp stacks things could get pretty out of hand if you could willy nilly slot in 10 20 20 healing amp where ever you wanted.

Community Member

Default How About Spell Resistance?

Not sure if this was suggested earlier, but I'd really like to see at least a 30 or 40 SR augment.

Quote Originally Posted by buddabopp View Post
    in my opinion they should add the exceptional fort to the system but not the healing amp or at most 10%, as how healing amp stacks things could get pretty out of hand if you could willy nilly slot in 10 20 20 healing amp where ever you wanted.
    Well, when you think about it, you'd have to give up those slots that you could put something else in, like +7 stats, exceptional +1/+2 stats, etc.

Also, IIRC, you can only have 1 each of 10/20/30% heal amp stack at a time from gear, something that most endgame players can already fit in with the current gear choices. I currently run full-time with 30% and 20%, and if I chose DT over my Redscale, I could put 10% on too. I don't think getting Heal Amp on gear (not syaing in a Colorless slot or anything) via Augments is too much to ask, or overpowered in any way.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Healing Amp is the best defensive stat in the game.

I'm fine with weak effects like 30-ish HP or 35 resists coming as free bonuses on gear, but much more powerful effects like 10% amp should actually cost an equipment slot.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Any decent melee is running around with 20% and 30% amp anyway. It would just give flexibility. which is the main purpose of the slots isn't it ?

Take for example 30% Amp, you basically have only two real slot choices, gloves and bracers, gloves are two named options, bracers is a random loot one. Yes there is the possibility of using an Armor or the Wall of Wood but lets be serious here, only S&B Tanks may use the Wall of Wood, and even less people would choose a random gen armor over a named one as that slot is a very valuable one that can hold a lot of effects.
    Desnol / Qerasuul / Lornkhal / Khazdar - Soko Irrlicht, Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Tevain View Post
    Any decent melee is running around with 20% and 30% amp anyway. It would just give flexibility. which is the main purpose of the slots isn't it ?

Take for example 30% Amp, you basically have only two real slot choices, gloves and bracers, gloves are two named options, bracers is a random loot one. Yes there is the possibility of using an Armor or the Wall of Wood but lets be serious here, only S&B Tanks may use the Wall of Wood, and even less people would choose a random gen armor over a named one as that slot is a very valuable one that can hold a lot of effects.
    Any decent melee is using some artifact +4 damage bonus (Claw set or Relic weapon or something), so why not include that as a slot?

It's a MUCH weaker effect than amp is yet noone is asking for it.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Any decent melee is using some artifact +4 damage bonus (Claw set or Relic weapon or something), so why not include that as a slot?

I'd love to have extra damage able to be slotted here and there. In fact, we do get that. Although, it's elemental, and 1d10 or so, it is still 5-6 damage on average, not including weaknesses/resists.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irongutz2000 View Post
    Could u please add healing amp and exceptional fort to the augment system.

I think ppl underestimate how goood those 2 r, u guys have done a wonderful job so far onn the augments.....but adding 10, 20, 30 healing amp, and 10 and 20 exceptional fort would be awesome.
    I would guess that the reason why those two effects are not available as augments is because of that fact that people are NOT underestimating their power.

Community Member

The difference between +4 damage and heal amp is that one has minimal effect overall and the other the game is balanced around. With the incoming damage we take the 20/30 heal amp is a necessity. With the change to augments enabling lower level players, putting in heal amp at lvl12/16 would help that level range(and their divines) and show new players the value of heal amp. It would also give value to the yellow slot, which is really lacking(deathblock and what? Nothing exciting). The game being balanced with heal amp in mind may be good or bad, but it's here to stay all the same.

Out of hand, how? None of the max values are changing. It would make it easier to gear, that's all. Particularly useful for newer players or weird builds. There's no Greater False Life stacking with Improved False Life of a different bonus. The norm of important stats will remain the same, maybe with some small bonus here and there like an extra permanent 30 resist(and with that superaugment of 4-5x30 resists, this probably isn't an extra bonus either). Hardly something to worry about.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Healing Amp is the best defensive stat in the game.

I'm fine with weak effects like 30-ish HP or 35 resists coming as free bonuses on gear, but much more powerful effects like 10% amp should actually cost an equipment slot.
    if it's slotted on an equipped item then it costs an equipment slot

stop being such a negative nancy all the time

Default Um

If any decent mellee has that, then why would i want it as a slot, they don't stack
    Azrreal / 28 completionist and epic completionist / Artificer 20
    Azrealla / 28 12 fighter / 4 monk / 4 pali
    Hoehoe / 28 ranger
    Twinkiee / 28 18 sorc / 2 pali
    Dingdong / 28 pali
    Razeall / 28 18 monk / 2 fighter

Community Member

perhaps have heal amp augments be 5 and 15 % values then not only is it not the big values for heal amp but the 5 and 15 values could concievably stack with what curent items alowing those who dont have heal amp to slot some value and thsoe who do have heal amp items to use slots to increase value

augmetn 5 percetn at lvl 8 and 15% at lvl 16 augment slots

I agree with Sirgog that amp is too strong to be a simple augment.

That said I think it would be great if more named items with 10/20/30 amp on them were released to give more flexibility for gearing.

10% exceptional fort in a blue slot would be good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Irongutz2000 View Post
    If any decent mellee has that, then why would i want it as a slot, they don't stack
    Because right now you have to make some serious sacrifices to get all that amp, putting it on a slot would make it really easy to fit in, and therefore a complete no-brainer best use of augment. It would be so much stronger than other augment options.

Quote Originally Posted by joeuhuh View Post
    perhaps have heal amp augments be 5 and 15 % values then not only is it not the big values for heal amp but the 5 and 15 values could concievably stack with what curent items alowing those who dont have heal amp to slot some value and thsoe who do have heal amp items to use slots to increase value

5/15 in augments would be insanely overpowered, even more so than 10/20/30...
    Last edited by Dolphious; 02-17-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Default Healing amp augments

Healing amp is extremely powerful, but @sirgog so is +4 damage. I mean, even though +4 damage may be a drop in the bucket for some players, it's still the equivalent of a +8 str item or whatever stat they use for damage.

I'd be all for healing amp being augmentable as it's just a modifier like anything else found on lootgen and named items and it'd just help us gear with more customization, which is always a good thing. If they feel it's too powerful, they should just make it available starting at lvl 16, 20, 24, IMO.
    Character Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by joeuhuh View Post

That would be totally wrong since they stack each other for different values and those would make 10-20-30-fleshmaker even more powerfull
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Community Member

Actually they could make healing amp require an orange or green slot. would really limit the areas it could be used but would let people try and use it on some gear.

Well if 10% is too OP,then give us a minor one,a 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by totalmir View Post
    Well if 10% is too OP,then give us a minor one,a 5%.
    That would gives us another item based multiplicative step, actually increasing the overall power of Healing Amp.
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Any kind of vampirism would be sweet to slot on weapons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast