Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,027

    Default Master Artificer Boss-Beater

    I am trying to craft a boss-beater for the Master Artificer Raid, specifically a repeating heavy crossbow to take down the titans. Now, I have already 2 tier-III greensteel weapons: an Aspect of Mineral II and one that goes frost/good/frost.

    The titans appear to be immune to frost, acid, and good, so my atacks looked like Base Damage/0/0/0/runearm damage no matter which repeater I used. I kniow the greensteel is supposed to have better base damage numbers but I'm not really sure(whenever I mouse-over it says 1d10 inatead of 2d10).

    The wiki is useless on information as it states "Resists/Immunities: Construct Traits" with no link to what the $#%& 'construct traits' are(I believe the technical term for this is "wiki fail"), which leaves me assuming they are likely immune to most damage prefixes.

    I was thinking of making a +5 Metaline repeating heavy crossbow of Greater Construct Bane, and just rely on deadly weapons and the construct bane to max damage(I'd really rather not carry around adamantine bolts or have to cast that on my weapons to break DR).

    Any better recomendations? I'd really like to be done with this stupid raid but theres no other way to get Toven's Hammer...

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    construct traits is mostly a pnp term, but it often applies to ddo
    the traits are listed here: http://ddowiki.com/page/Construct#Traits

    the monster information article has some info about the bosses
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Monster_Info...icer_.28The.29
    most notably: resistant: ALL, DR: adamantine

    so metalline/GCB on an epic (2[W]) heavy repeater sounds like a good option. Or look for epic smiting repeaters on AH and do the math if smiting > GCB+deadly

    I am going to edit the wiki to link the construct traits
    Last edited by cru121; 02-08-2013 at 02:44 AM.

  3. #3
    2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere ...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default Non Epic Version

    My general construct weapon (from cannith crafting) is an Axiomatic Burst adamantine bludgeoning of Greater Construct Bane.

    Adapting that - three part strategy (non-epic):

    1. +5 Axiomatic Burst Heavy Repeater of Greater Construct Bane
    2. with 75 House D Favor - +1 Adamantine Bolts
    3. Deadly Weapons

    Or

    1. +5 Metalline Heavy Repeater of Greater Construct Bane (ML:20)
    2. +1 Construct Bane Bolts (Cannith Crafting: 38 Divine)
    3. Deadly Weapons

    comparisons:
    1: TH: +9 (+5 plus +4 GCB);
    Damage: 2[d10] + 9 +2d6 +3d6 (Axiomatic Doesn't help) - bypasses DR

    2: TH: +11 (+5 plus +2 CB plus +4 GCB);
    Damage: 2[d10] + 11 +2d6 +3d6 - bypasses DR

    only thing I might do differently is viscous instead of metalline and use adamantine weapons instead of deadly (2d6 instead of d10) - but the d3 self damage per hit would hurt.

    note: I am not sure the bug for ranged bane weapons has been fixed - so you might get the TH bonus but not the damage bonus (This is concerning the +2 and +4 not the 2d6 and the 3d6). I included them in the damage assessment just in case.

    note: banes of different levels stack
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 02-08-2013 at 02:02 PM.

  4. #4
    2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere ...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default Epic Version

    +6 Annihilating Heavy Repeating Crossbow of Smiting
    (good luck finding it)

    Annihilating:
    Effect: This Weapon has a dark, insidious power deep within. Occasionally, this power lashes out violently at enemies and attempts to disintegrate them.

    2% chance of 15d20 + 300 untyped damage: 457.5 average damage, 9.15 average per hit. (testing)
    No saving throw to reduce damage
    Version on random weapons is Annihilating.

    Smiting:
    Effect: Constructs suffer 4d6 additional damage per hit with a 100HP bane damage bonus on confirmed vorpal strikes if the construct has 1,000 or more current HP (or is immune to instant death, such as the red-/purple-named bosses such as the Portals in The Shroud), else a vorpal strike will kill it outright.
    Over-all, this yields the average of four six-sided die plus a one in twenty chance for 100 damage = (4 * ((1+2+3+4+5+6)/6)) + (100 * (1/20)) = 19 damage on average (not counting instant death).

    Additionally, smiting weapons have an undocumented +2 enhancement bonus against constructs, much like a Construct Bane weapon [1].

    Alternative: Use DT armor with the Sovereign Rune of Smiting --- stacks with new version -

    use with adamantine weapons (spell) and constuct bane bolts or with deadly weapons (spell) and adamantine bolts.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    so metalline/GCB on an epic (2[W]) heavy repeater sounds like a good option. Or look for epic smiting repeaters on AH and do the math if smiting > GCB+deadly
    I have heard about these 2[W] weapons that you can blank and craft on, but how do you tell? What do you search for the find one with that trait on the auction house?

    I've already got an acid burst/greater construct bane repeater I can take and test the bug with. I'd much rather not have to use adamantine bolts or construct bane bolts because the final battle of master artificer tends to run quite long. I'd probably have to bring 4 or 5 denieth quivers along and swap them out mid-battle, remember to refil them later, etc. I already have multiple quivers full of silver bolts for Harry, and you know its just eating up way to much space now a-days.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    I have heard about these 2[W] weapons that you can blank and craft on, but how do you tell? What do you search for the find one with that trait on the auction house?

    I've already got an acid burst/greater construct bane repeater I can take and test the bug with. I'd much rather not have to use adamantine bolts or construct bane bolts because the final battle of master artificer tends to run quite long. I'd probably have to bring 4 or 5 denieth quivers along and swap them out mid-battle, remember to refil them later, etc. I already have multiple quivers full of silver bolts for Harry, and you know its just eating up way to much space now a-days.
    Unfortunately the AH search features are quite lacking in this regard.

    You have to search for the base weapon you want and then look through them to find one that has 2[dX] base damage listed (and AML 20 will come with that as well). The base damage will remain when you decon it for enchanting.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sqrlmonger View Post
    Unfortunately the AH search features are quite lacking in this regard.

    You have to search for the base weapon you want and then look through them to find one that has 2[dX] base damage listed (and AML 20 will come with that as well). The base damage will remain when you decon it for enchanting.
    Whats going to happen to the regular ML? The weapon I am crafting is also going to be ML20 thanks to Cannith's limitations to MLs, but I haven't seen how that interacts with AMLs. Its not all that big a deal, unlike most greater bane shards, construct is very easy to farm mats for, but it would kind of suck to craft this whole thing and then find out that its ML 25 for some reason.

    EDIT: if this works I'll be crafting a new Harry-Beater as well.

  8. #8
    2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere ...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    AML and you.

    when you craft on an item with an AML (Absolute Minimum Level) - you take the HCD (highest common denomonator)

    so if the item has an AML:16 and you craft it to be ml:12 (enchantments) then it is 16; however if you enchant it to have ML:20 through enchantments - it is ML:20.

    hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 02-08-2013 at 07:38 PM.

  9. #9
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,195

    Default

    I second the suggestion to look for an Annihilating of Smiting random lootgen repeater and to use it with adamantine bolts. Impellant will work too but does less damage per shot than Annihilating.

    All of those are common effects, you should be able to find the combination in time.

    If you want to craft instead, Vicious of Greater Construct Bane is probably optimal (though Vicious can be a pain on characters with no passive selfhealing). Craftable prefixes are awful for melee weapons that are not being used on evil mobs.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    AML and you.

    when you craft on an item with an AML (Absolute Minimum Level) - you take the HCD (highest common denomonator)

    so if the item has an AML:16 and you craft it to be ml:12 (enchantments) then it is 16; however if you enchant it to have ML: through enchantments - it is ML:20.

    hope that makes sense.
    I think I understand. If Canith Crafting cannot craft above ML20, so if I take an AML20 blank, no matter what I do, the ML is not going to go above 20? That makes sense.

    I know I should have been paying attention to my math twahcer when she explained all of that common denominator stuff... but at least I can still say I'm not using it in real life :P (J/K, I am actually quite capable at math)

  11. #11
    Community Member Jaid314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    AML stands for absolute MINIMUM level. if the item is AML 20, that means that no matter what you do to it, it will not go below level 20, even if it is just a plain unenchanted item.

    in general, AML only exists on items where the base item improves with level... for example, armours give more AC as they go up in level, and after level 20 weapons generally have 2[weapon damage] on them.

    to find an AML 20 repeater, just do a search for repeating crossbows, with the minimum level in the AH set to 20. every repeating heavy crossbow that pops up should have 2[1d10] as the base damage. if you want a crafting blank with that, just buy the cheapest lootgen one.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Just got through testing it: it works. I now havd a 2d10 +5 metaline repeating heavy crossbow of greater construct bane. Its ml20 and works quite well! Base damage is the same as my greensteel, it breaks DR without the need for special bolts, and construct bane does work on ranged(I was getting 3 damage numbers: 1 for base, 1 for bane, 1 for runearm).

    So, sucess! Now I have to decide whether or not its worth the expense to replace my harry beater in a similar fashion. I am currently using an Aspect of Mineral II greensteel(metalline+good burst to break DR), but if I made a Holy Burst Greater Eveil Outsider Bane and used silver bolts(a lot easier during a shroud run), that might be a lot better.

    But I don't know. I should bring my regular 1d10 repeater on the next run and see what happens.

  13. #13
    2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere ...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    Just got through testing it: it works. I now havd a 2d10 +5 metaline repeating heavy crossbow of greater construct bane. Its ml20 and works quite well! Base damage is the same as my greensteel, it breaks DR without the need for special bolts, and construct bane does work on ranged(I was getting 3 damage numbers: 1 for base, 1 for bane, 1 for runearm).

    So, sucess! Now I have to decide whether or not its worth the expense to replace my harry beater in a similar fashion. I am currently using an Aspect of Mineral II greensteel(metalline+good burst to break DR), but if I made a Holy Burst Greater Eveil Outsider Bane and used silver bolts(a lot easier during a shroud run), that might be a lot better.

    But I don't know. I should bring my regular 1d10 repeater on the next run and see what happens.
    muhahahahahaha!

    Brain: We must prepare for tomorrow night.
    Pinky: Why? What are we going to do tomorrow night?
    Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!


    good work!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload