Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

agree on the other bugs - I just made an observation during my brief daily visit into lamdaland.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Texlaw1992 View Post
    The update wiped all my EDs, and I'm not the only one.

I think it's still there, since the ED and twists I had before the update are still working. However, according to the Fatespinner, I have no epic destinies.

Do not let this update go live without fixing this, and please fix it on Lam ASAP.

Putting back the AH scroll bar does not makeup for loss of all EDs!
    I thought this as well but when I talked to the fate spinner and went to the list view I was able to claim a destiny and everything was back. (At least for me)

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

I think it's still there, since the ED and twists I had before the update are still working. However, according to the Fatespinner, I have no epic destinies.

Do not let this update go live without fixing this, and please fix it on Lam ASAP.

your EDs are not lost, It's just the Flag : Has Talked to Fatespinner and Chosen an Active Destiny that got reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I thought this as well but when I talked to the fate spinner and went to the list view I was able to claim a destiny and everything was back. (At least for me)
    For me too. Everything was back where it was once I talked and selected my active destiny.

There is a reason for that Flag reset, but it's Fight Club material. ( hint : a DDO store item that disappeared from live a few week ago is involved )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Unhappy

most of my characters where fine just had to go to the fate spinner and click make active but a few that had 24 points now show they have none available made out a bug report hope they get this fixed if it gose live that will not be good

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Lamannia is back up!

Release Notes will be updated in a day or so.
    great...so...where are they....?

I would suggest posting this in the bug forums after bug reporting it (assuming the bug reporter still works).

So far, I've found after transfering Ziind Stargazer (who is STILL a WF FVS on Orien), the Fatespinner tried to say that he also did not have any epic destinies (or levels in any of them) until after I clicked on a destiny, then I saw the levels that were supposed to be there. Gonna try TR'ing to see just what happens to the destiny exp after a TR.

After TR'ing on Lamannia, I've found that all of my destinies remained in tact, however, I did speak to the Fatespinner for the first time since copying Ziind over to lama while he was level 25... There may still be a bug and I just haven't encountered it? >.>
    Last edited by Ziindarax; 02-08-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Happened for me too... had everything the same as I left it... just had to talk to her first
    I am a refugee of Devourer, abandoned by Coadmasters and washed up on the shores of the new world Thelanis under the rule of the Turbine empire. The locals are primative, the monsters are tough, and to survive in this savage land i must live by one philosophy... trust no one.

Community Member

Default Thanks

I was afraid that if I clicked on the Fatespinner, the change would become irreversible.

I'll visit her later tonight - hopefully that will do the trick.

Edit: Yes, it worked! Thanks all.
    Last edited by Texlaw1992; 02-09-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Gotta love the postponing of update 17 from going live for 2 weeks or so for no real reason. Maybe they can push update 18 back until June now.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

it didn't wipe it out go to the fatespinner to reset it

Squeak,s Army
    Last edited by whiteline; 02-09-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Default where did you see the orig date?

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Gotta love the postponing of update 17 from going live for 2 weeks or so for no real reason. Maybe they can push update 18 back until June now.
    i have been looking to see when u17 drops but didnt see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleep_Wurp View Post
    They have never really given a release date. So it hasn't been "pushed back" per se. Many ppl speculate that it'll be released on Turbine's anniversary, which is the 24th iirc. This would make sense, but wouldn't particularly mean anything more to me. I just want it to be released when it's ready.

edit: for those looking for the release notes, here is a link:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774

notice that everyone is getting a free birthday cake. this supports the anniversary release theory.
    Last edited by Ginarrbrik; 02-10-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

Quote Originally Posted by Gleep_Wurp View Post
    This has nothing to do with a release date but rather update 17 has been on lammania since 1/17/13 and there has been very few changes really to the build on lammania which indicates that this update has been close to release the whole time, but Turbine has held the update's release up to the live servers. It will have been on lammania a month at a minimum before release = lousy.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    This has nothing to do with a release date but rather update 17 has been on lammania since 1/17/13 and there has been very few changes really to the build on lammania which indicates that this update has been close to release the whole time, but Turbine has held the update's release up to the live servers. It will have been on lammania a month at a minimum before release = lousy.
    I wouldn't call it lousy, I would call it buggy. The hit to ED exp is something a lot of people would walk from. Some big issues to fix before it goes live.

On top of the whole snowed out thing.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Since this is our first Heroic/Epic Adventure Area, we put U17 on Lamannia early so we could catch more bugs. We were able to get in the tweaks to the Adventure Area, fix some flagging issues, etc. Also, we know that people have been looking forward to Epic Gianthold for a while.

Also, The guide is currently in the Harbor near the Trainers. Hopefully he'll stick around there for a while.

I ran my U16 script last night. It still has a few quirks that I'm trying to work out. I'll run it again tonight.

Lastly, I would like some more information regarding this issue with the Epic Destinies/Fatespinner. I know for most of you talking to the Fatespinner fixed everything. However, some lost their Epic Destiny XP. If you lost your XP, had you recently Reincarnated? (If so, which kind?) Did you gain that XP just before logging out before Lamannia was brought down? Did you do any of these things but still retained your Epic Destinies?

I did lose my Destiny XP. I ran several Gianthold quests w/o my destiny. I then talked to the Fatespinner and not only got my original XP back, but received all I should have gotten while adventuring.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Since this is our first Heroic/Epic Adventure Area, we put U17 on Lamannia early so we could catch more bugs. We were able to get in the tweaks to the Adventure Area, fix some flagging issues, etc. Also, we know that people have been looking forward to Epic Gianthold for a while.

Also, The guide is currently in the Harbor near the Trainers. Hopefully he'll stick around there for a while.

I ran my U16 script last night. It still has a few quirks that I'm trying to work out. I'll run it again tonight.

Lastly, I would like some more information regarding this issue with the Epic Destinies/Fatespinner. I know for most of you talking to the Fatespinner fixed everything. However, some lost their Epic Destiny XP. If you lost your XP, had you recently Reincarnated? (If so, which kind?) Did you gain that XP just before logging out before Lamannia was brought down? Did you do any of these things but still retained your Epic Destinies?
    Based on that is said in the OP's and a few other responses here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=407069
    I will try to get some reproductions of the bug as long as the guide is around.

For planning, I was thinking of trying the following:
    1. Gather max exp, spend on ed's, fates, etc, buy a +2 to make sure all variables that were mentioned are in place. Then TR and get max exp and attempt to manipulate EDs at lvl 20/21.
    ~Results: Made a single class toon, leveled to 20+epic for destiny, got a fate +2 tome, spent it, and levelling afterwards, I have to talk to guide each level until lvl 14. Then it gives to 20. At each stage, the ED's stayed and didn't lose anything.
    2. different character, get 20 lvls and eds, lesser reincarnate +5 into something split, check to make sure ED's are running, LR +5 again (pulling the origional 18/2 into a 10/8/2), and then TR and get to 20 again and see if it repros.
    ~There are no +5 hearts on the ddo store and I don't have one, so I can't get it to be done yet. Will try with the normal lesser heart. Need to wait until tomorrow for tp to buy another true heart.
    3. Try the same lesser tr and main tr in a singular row, so get to 20, get sme ed's, then lr, then tr. Repeat checking eds after each reincarnation.
    4. repeat scenario 2, but checking eds at each reincarnation.
    Last edited by Seikojin; 02-12-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Lamannia should be getting a new build within the next few days. Everyone will likely have to talk to the Fatespinner again to reclaim their Destinies at that time. I would certainly appreciate it if some of you have various characters left in various states (Combinations of: Level 20-25, Reincarnation(s), recent XP gain, etc.) to help me further test this issue.

Thank You!

ok

As a suggestion, perhaps disable the Reincarnation timers and drop the price of hearts in the store to 1 tp, let people Reincarnate as much as they can, to see if we can help find this bug. Having to wait a week between TR's won't help.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast