Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

A timer sort of method may be acceptable......yes I think I could actually go along with that....but it could only start once all people in the party regardless of size are in the dungeon.

You would also want to extend this to wilderness areas mainly because if you have 5 people waiting in or at the quest entrance and the other person is a problem you can't fill their spot because they are in a private area still and can't be booted.

Also there would have to be a like 2-3 day timer on doing it to the same player again....this would at least keep the awareness factor of who you are partying with in place.

Otherwise it just turns into another form of self righteous slop.

Scratt for president!!!!

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

No one who would ever want to kick someone should have the power to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

The problem with all of the workarounds for preventing abuse are way more complicated, and perhaps consume more time than simply finishing the quest, exiting out, and dropping said person from the group.

I'm all for giving party leaders options because I've had a few jackwads join my groups as well. However, given the irritable nature of many people these days, I can see the abuse of this power from a mile away.

If anything, I'd like to see an account-wide squelch option. Because a person will be a jackwad regardless of wht toon they are on.
    Antipan, Pandargon, Pandolin, Panifin, Panmorgan, Pangrael, and all other things "pan-ed"...

I like the votekick idea

+1 to that
    Gimpfest
    Gorlacon 6th life BF Assassin ~ Gyristroula 6th life Human Disciple of Light ~ Reepz 5th life PDK Kensei ~ Gorlaxz 5th life BF Pala
    Orien

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default vote

Sorry. This is not a good idea. The same guy that is doing the piking will be the same guy doing the "booting" . Just reform, squelch and move on. .
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

I don't see the need to add this feature back in for any reason.

One thing I do miss is when summoned creatures became "active" on recall. We use to leave a few around an unauthorized piker. While they got the experience they would be denied loot. Of course now that doesn't happen and we have cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    No.
    What? No pic?
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    What? No pic?

No need to install another griefing button into the game. We already met our recent quota with the all new super hyper global omni megga detonating potions of wonder.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    I still support the idea (comes up regularly) of allowing the booting of someone who has gone AFK long enough for the game to mark them AFK.

For those who have agreed with their party members to pike, it's fine. For those who silently go absent without a word to anyone, once the AFK timer kicks in, the leader gets a notice and can dismiss them from party.

It wouldn't help for the pikers who are still sitting there and moving from time to time to stay active, but it would help with the ones who just walk away.
    This is a very good suggestion. If piking without the consent of others requires even a little work, then it will happen less often.

Linking a "vote - kick" to the AFK timer seems important to limit griefing, particularly for a game in which most of the XPs usually come right at the end of each mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorth View Post
    ... full of bullies!
    To derail this thread (welcome to my brain all day long)... what is the DEAL with the redefinition of the word BULLY? That used to mean a person who physically assaulted or battered someone. There's no such thing as a bully in a virtual world where you can remedy the situation with any number of tools available in-game... We are wussifying our culture.

Carry on with the thread already in progress.

Default If used in this narrow instance

Quote Originally Posted by lucasphi View Post
    So, I don't know if this has been suggested before, but here goes.

I'm tired of ppl joining the group just to pike at the entrance of the quest.... Or even ppl that start and after 40 seconds leave the pc. There should be a way for party leader to kick or for anyone to start a vote kick to get someone unwanted out of the group inside the quest.

What do you guys say?
    I would be 110% for it. But what stops all the griefing that could ensue from this change? It would become a popularity contest, with guild groups being able to overwhelm votes against them to keep pikers in or kick people who are trying in earnest to learn the game.

I would LOVE to kick lazy piking d-bags from the quest. I would also greatly enjoy kicking people who whine, join then ask what gear I have with the express purpose of showing their stuff off when I didn't ask/ don't care what they have, the e-peen measuring, people who eat over voice chat, people with high whiny voices... where would it end? In most of those instances I would be the jerk, and in most of my groups I have more guildies than PUG members, so I could win every vote and randomly kick people. Since there is no clean way to describe this in any other way, although for the rare instances someone DESERVES to be kicked would make this a great suggestion, I will have to say /notsigned because for every instance like that there's a jerk like me who would do it for much less valiant reasons. Better to keep a tool like this out of the game as there's enough drama as it is.

Also think about this: every time you do that you make another enemy. What if the reason I went AFK is because something happened in RL I can't control? What if someone is banging on my door? If I run downstairs and deal with that then come back up and I'm kicked, I would remember that. What's to stop me from later on letting you or even one of your guildies into my Shroud run or ToD and then kicking them RIGHT before we open up the end chests? Nothing.

TL; DR - While I truly do support your idea and wish we were mature enough to not abuse it if implemented, every person on these forums knows in their heart of hearts that we as a gaming populace are not mature enough to handle that with any kind of decency, and for that reason /notsigned
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Thelanis - Llewndyn (FVS), Brickadoom Jenkins (barb/ ftr)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness

Default Wait a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by ferrite View Post
    -Vote must be unanimous.

-Prevent kicked player's 'slot' from being re-filled; this prevents leader's friends from joining; the slot is permanently unavailable for the remainder of the quest/raid; not even a hireling, panther, or other NPC can fill it, there's a big 'X' scrawled over it or something like this.

-Leader that kicked displays a mark above their head of a boot, warning symbol, etc for 24 hours, for all to see. In addition, all leader's LFM posts are shaded red to warn players that 'this leader has recently kicked a player'. This could be assessed per account, to prevent players from switching toons to hide it. The penalty could be cumulative, adding an additional 24 hours per kick, diminishing over time.
    I hate to say it but those are some pretty good ideas... especially the last one, if you see someone CONSTANTLY has a boot over their head then you would at least have a better idea of what you're dealing with... it would still need some work, but I like those ideas TBH
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Thelanis - Llewndyn (FVS), Brickadoom Jenkins (barb/ ftr)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness

I'm tired of ppl joining the group just to pike at the entrance of the quest.... Or even ppl that start and after 40 seconds leave the pc. There should be a way for party leader to kick or for anyone to start a vote kick to get someone unwanted out of the group inside the quest.

What do you guys say?
    DDO already has a mechanism to track characters who are AFK. I would say if a character is marked AFK for some amount of time (Say 5 mins) after quest has started, then the leader should be given an option to remove said toon from party.

Edit: Someone beat me to the Idea.

Here is another Idea: instead of allowing the leader to boot the piker, just prevent the piker from getting loot or XP if they are marked AFK when the quest completes.
    Last edited by kinggartk; 02-08-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Community Member

I would pay for a Party Boot from the DDO store. Maybe they could program a bubble popping/pac man dying sound to emphasize the kicking.

/not signed

DDO had this, it was abused. There is no way it can be done to avoid abuse.

If someone is piking, recall, reform and restart. Of course you do this after kiting mobs to them and using diplo or teleporting out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    /not signed

DDO had this, it was abused. There is no way it can be done to avoid abuse.

If someone is piking, recall, reform and restart. Of course you do this after kiting mobs to them and using diplo or teleporting out.
    MMM, no. DDO never had this. Thanks.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

What do you guys say?
    Already suggested many times.

Already killed many times.

The potential for griefing is just too great.
    DDO had something along those lines in the begining and it was removed due to griefing.
    It's faster to recall and reform around the pikers and restart the quest.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by ferrite View Post
    Well I can't think of anything else right now. Again I'm not one to completely dismiss an idea just because the particulars of it haven't been figured out yet, but as things stand what we have now is probably better because of the tendency for abuse.
    I think voting to kick is fine but the player being kicked should have the option to not be kicked from party.

- only party leader can initiate a vote to kick a player currently inside the quest
    - votes must be unanimous (see below)
    - target of kicking (maybe the vote is to prevent frequent afk's) has 1 min to veto the vote. Party leader cannot re initiate a veto'ed kick for 30 minutes.
    - party members cannot initiate a vote to kick a leader until after a party leader has initiated a vote to kick a player
    - votes must be unanimous and target of kicking has 1 min to veto the vote.
    Daishado

"drink triple ... see double ... act single! uh oh wife aggro" *hides*

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyTheJourney View Post
    Linking a "vote - kick" to the AFK timer seems important to limit griefing, particularly for a game in which most of the XPs usually come right at the end of each mission.
    I agree with this. sometimes quests require all party members to gather. kind of hard if a player is AFK. Even the DM's can't fix this if the player goes afk after death
    Daishado

"drink triple ... see double ... act single! uh oh wife aggro" *hides*

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast