Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezburgerz View Post
    Those posts were the ones neg repped, so I addressed them. I have removed their names, but my opinion remains.
    For the record I don't have enough rep to neg rep. The number of green boxes I have is proof enough of that.

Please stop insinuating/saying I am a liar.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    I don't know about you, but I find often in pugs several people know each other and just fill out the group. There is also nothing to stop "I'll give you each 1000 plat to kick the guy".

It's the same mechanic, except its mob tactics instead of a dictatorship.
    I think your scenario is flawed. If you're a group of guildies, the likelihood of your taking a pug in to let them get to the quest and risk them losing your xp is pretty low. That said, the vote should be anonymous. Either the kick button lights up because everyone voted to give the leader the right to kick or it didn't. Even a guildie could feel that the person doesn't deserve to be kicked and not give the ability to the leader to kick. On the other hand, you're never going to force people who don't want to run together to run together. Whether you all recall, drop group, reform, and run back to the quest, or you ask them to leave or you vote them out, the result is the same. You're not going to run with a person that you don't want to run with.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    For the record I don't have enough rep to neg rep. The number of green boxes I have is proof enough of that.

Please stop insinuating/saying I am a liar.
    Please stop saying that I'm insinuating that you're a liar. I've already apologized to you. I'm not sure what else you'd like me to do. If you don't like my posts, you can ignore me.

I think your scenario is flawed. If you're a group of guildies, the likelihood of your taking a pug in to let them get to the quest and risk them losing your xp is pretty low.
    Maybe in your guild. Not everyone is antisocial. The -10% base XP doesn't matter as much as it did before all the new XP boosts.

It's particularily likely in raids that you bring a few extra along.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Please stop saying that I'm insinuating that you're a liar. I've already apologized to you. I'm not sure what else you'd like me to do. If you don't like my posts, you can ignore me.
    Snarky non-apologies are not the same as actual apologies.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Maybe in your guild. Not everyone is antisocial. The -10% base XP doesn't matter as much as it did before all the new XP boosts.

It's particularily likely in raids that you bring a few extra along.
    How, exactly, is running with 4 guildies antisocial? Isn't running with four people who you like to spend time with the definition of social? Did you miss where I suggested that vote to kick not work in raids?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Snarky non-apologies are not the same as actual apologies.
    I'm sorry.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

How, exactly, is running with 4 guildies antisocial? Isn't running with four people who you like to spend time with the definition of social? Did you miss where I suggested that vote to kick not work in raids?
    He wasn't saying that running with 4 guildies is anti-social.

He was saying that many guild groups that don't fill completely will often be social and take a PUGger or two along for the ride. It's actually one of the best ways to find people who would be a good fit for your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by lucasphi View Post
    So, I don't know if this has been suggested before, but here goes.
    Often and regularly suggested.

I'm not reading the follow up posts in this thread so I'm sure my comments are redundant, sorry about that.

If there is a piker or griefer you can get around it with a reform.

So there is a solution for that problem even if it's not as fast and satisfying as you would like.

There would be no solution for someone booting you for unreasonable, um er, reasons at the end of a long quest or raid.

Therefore, being able to kick creates a bigger problem than it solves.

So no.

I also feel some big stinking voting process for kicking would slow down questing more than removing people would speed things up.

So again I say no.

And at the risk of the same thing being said over and over in a thread the topic of which gets repeated with other threads over and over, I repeat, no.

p.s. - no

EDIT - no
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Actually yes, I did miss that part about it not working in raids, that does help a lot with your case on one hand.

However, given how short non-raids are I really have to wonder why you care if someone does pike out one quest? Except for a bit of scaling, it doesn't really hurt you, you never have to group with them again. Why is it worth any chance of griefing to deal with such a minor problem?

Since this thread has devolved into fighting and insults, it is now closed.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345